/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best time to make Dua?

m4rouf
07-18-2020, 11:53 PM
Salam,

Is it better to make Dua during Salah itself or right after Salah?

What about during/after sunnah Salah vs fardh Salah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
07-19-2020, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by m4rouf
Salam,

As far as I remember, the best time for supplication is during the Prayer

The Optional(Sunnah) Prayers are:

1. Tahajjud

2. Duha

3. Witr

Sorry, I don't remember much. But, I would like to say that Tahajjud is the best Salah for supplicating, because when you recite your supplication in Tahajjud prayer, then it is guaranteed that you will be answered but you will not get answered in the way you want. Also, supplicating during Tahajjud prayer is very rewarding, because you can also ask Allah(SwT) for a great miracle.

m4rouf
07-19-2020, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
As far as I remember, the best time for supplication is during the Prayer

The Optional(Sunnah) Prayers are:

1. Tahajjud

2. Duha

3. Witr

Sorry, I don't remember much. But, I would like to say that Tahajjud is the best Salah for supplicating, because when you recite your supplication in Tahajjud prayer, then it is guaranteed that you will be answered but you will not get answered in the way you want. Also, supplicating during Tahajjud prayer is very rewarding, because you can also ask Allah(SwT) for a great miracle.
Jazakhallah, I’ll pray lots of tahajjud tonight then إن شاء الله :)

'Abdullah
07-19-2020, 05:53 AM
Salam,

Sunnah is to make dua before Tasleem, after Tasleem you just do AZKAR ( after obligatory prayers). Prophet ( peace be upon him) also used to make dua in Sajood.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
07-19-2020, 06:10 AM
Adding one more video because it is kind of related to your question:

Nitro Zeus
07-19-2020, 08:52 AM
Jazakhallah, I’ll pray lots of tahajjud tonight then إن شاء الله :)
You also need to know that Tahajjud prayer starts one hour before Fajr, so you need to sleep and set an alarm and also, download Muslim Pro app so that you can monitorize the time of prayer. Also, you need to be careful what you are supplicating, because there are forms of supplications which are haram to ask. I mean, just make sure you don't ask for something bad and haram. By the way, you can also ask the scholar from islamqa.info if you wanna know more about what is right and wrong and you can also ask him about the optional prayers. Don't take my answer for granted, because I could be wrong.

m4rouf
07-20-2020, 10:34 AM
You also need to know that Tahajjud prayer starts one hour before Fajr, so you need to sleep and set an alarm and also, download Muslim Pro app so that you can monitorize the time of prayer. Also, you need to be careful what you are supplicating, because there are forms of supplications which are haram to ask. I mean, just make sure you don't ask for something bad and haram. By the way, you can also ask the scholar from islamqa.info if you wanna know more about what is right and wrong and you can also ask him about the optional prayers. Don't take my answer for granted, because I could be wrong.
Thank you very much. I’m pretty sure the things I ask for are not haram - just general things such as good health, especially for my mum and my sister who aren’t well, a good job, guidance towards Islam for those who need it, forgiveness, protection from evil, increase in knowledge of Islam so I can إن شاء الله give dawah in future, making it easier to memorise and understand more of the Quran, and a few other specific things around becoming a better Muslim.

Nitro Zeus
07-20-2020, 10:46 AM
Thank you very much. I’m pretty sure the things I ask for are not haram - just general things such as good health, especially for my mum and my sister who aren’t well, a good job, guidance towards Islam for those who need it, forgiveness, protection from evil, increase in knowledge of Islam so I can إن شاء الله give dawah in future, making it easier to memorise and understand more of the Quran, and a few other specific things around becoming a better Muslim.
Please ask Allah in Tahajjud to guide me so that I can have strong will to perform 5 daily prayers and so that I can defeat laziness I have and so that I can start performing prayers as I used to it, because now laziness has overtaken me and I wish for Allah to cure me from laziness and guide me to prayer.

m4rouf
07-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Please ask Allah in Tahajjud to guide me so that I can have strong will to perform 5 daily prayers and so that I can defeat laziness I have and so that I can start performing prayers as I used to it, because now laziness has overtaken me and I wish for Allah to cure me from laziness and guide me to prayer.
إن شاء الله
May Allah make it easier for you. I sometimes find myself procrastinating - I’d make sure I still pray before the Salah period ends but my laziness sometimes prevents me from praying straight after hearing the adhan.
I was thinking about this the other day - I think it’s important that we plan our lives around our salat not the other way round. Try checking the adhan times throughout the day and mentally preparing yourself for the prayers. Try to look forward to salat because it’s your chance to meet with Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.