/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Losing Passion to Make Dua

wayfarer91
07-19-2020, 09:16 AM
I am starting to lose the passion i had to make dua. Now i feel like it wont be answered, and i have made enough dua so no need tk make more for it.. What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah123456
07-19-2020, 09:34 AM
Allah timing is always perfect. We should not lose hope. He answer our Dua in the time when he knows its best for us. He answer in his own time not according to our time what we want. Have Patience. He hears you and he will answer you. Dont lose hope.

wayfarer91
07-19-2020, 10:51 AM
It's not much about losing hope, but more about losing the passion to utter it with.. Like now iam like if He wanted to He'd grant it. Like, the urge i had is waning

keiv
07-19-2020, 04:46 PM
Our level of sincerity and imaan will vary throughout our lives. Continue to make dua even if you feel as though its lacking passion behind it. You can either continue to make dua (sincere or not), or not make it at all, in which case the latter would be the worse option of course. Never convince yourself that you're duas are not being heard or answered.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
07-19-2020, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
I am starting to lose the passion i had to make dua. Now i feel like it wont be answered, and i have made enough dua so no need tk make more for it.. What should I do?
Assalaamu Alaikum,

They said: We call upon Allah, but He does not respond to us

Ibrâhîm ibn Adham (Ra) - said, when he was asked about the verse: "Call upon Me and I will respond to you." [Sûrah Ghâfir 40:60] They said: We call upon Allah, but He does not respond to us. So he said:

"You know Allâh; yet you do not obey Him.
You recite the Qur'ân; yet you do not act according to it.
You know Shaytân; yet you continue agreeing with him.
You claim to love Allâh's Messenger 'alayhis-salâm; yet you abandon his Sunnah (guidance and way).
You claim to love Paradise, yet you do not work for it.
You claim to fear the Fire; yet you do not stop sinning.
You say, Indeed death is true; yet you have not prepared for it.
You busy yourselves with the faults of others; yet you do not look at your own faults.
You eat the sustenance that Allâh provides for you; yet you are not grateful to Him.
And you bury your dead; yet you have not heeded its lesson." Al-Hâfidh Ibn Rajab related it in al-Khushû' fis-Salâh (p.62).

Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah (Ra) said "Let none of you think that his Du'aa will go unanswered because of the sins that he knows of himself.

Indeed, Allah responded to the Du'aa of the worst amongst His creation; Iblees (Shaitan, the cursed one), when he said; 'O My Lord! Give me respite until the Day of Judgement!' He (Allah SWT) replied, 'Then you are of those who have been reprieved.' (Surah al-Hijr 36-37).

So if the Dua of Iblees can be accepted, then surely the Dua of a sinner has more right than the devil himself!

And surely your Lord is never unjust...

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (12:87)

Do not get frustrated and impatient when making Dua:

Abu Hurayrah (Ra) said: the Prophet (Sallalahu alaihi Wasallam) said: The Dua of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, I made Dua but it was not answered. (Bukhaari & Muslim)

Abu Hurayrah (Ra) narrated that the Prophet (Sallalahu alaihi Wasallam) said: “A person will still be answered so long as his du’aa’ does not involve sin or severing ties of kinship, and so long as he does not become impatient.” It was said: O Messenger of Allaah, what does being impatient mean? He said: “Saying, I said du’aa’, and I said du’aa’, and I did not receive any response, then he becomes frustrated and stops saying du’aa’.” (Muslim;2735).

May Allah enable us to patiently persevere in making Dua into him and not to ever lose hope. May he accept our Dua's and grant us the ability to continuously seek His forgiveness (through sincere repentance). Ameen.

wayfarer91
07-21-2020, 11:37 AM
so can i ask Him for something, even though human logic says it is impossible. like not something that affects laws of earth, but something if a person is suffering from a disease and the doc has told there is no hope, cn we still pray to Allah to heal that person. This is just an example. or pray to Allah for changing the heart of an abusive father and make him kinder?

Eric H
07-21-2020, 02:24 PM
Greetings and peace be with you wayfarer91;

I believe duas are answered in a way that helps us to find eternal life; rather than solve our problems here on Earth. You might spend a hundred years in this world and an eternity with Allah.

if a person is suffering from a disease and the doc has told there is no hope, cn we still pray to Allah to heal that person.
In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices, I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment. I have never once prayed for healing. The prayer for healing was too complicated, it might or might not be my time to die, and I did not want to pray for something that was not in line with God's will.

Allah cares for all his creation, so you just have to trust he is doing what is right for you.

May Allah bless you on your journey,
Eric

wayfarer91
07-21-2020, 04:23 PM
but that's the thing, He is all powerful, omnipotent, If we ask according to our capacity, verily we will be at loss! miracles happen.
He says Kun and it happens

Hamza Asadullah
07-21-2020, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
so can i ask Him for something, even though human logic says it is impossible. like not something that affects laws of earth, but something if a person is suffering from a disease and the doc has told there is no hope, cn we still pray to Allah to heal that person. This is just an example. or pray to Allah for changing the heart of an abusive father and make him kinder?
Assalaamu Alaikum, yes of course those are all things we can naturally make Dua for especially when it comes to health and family and also for Allah to change the hearts for the better.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.