/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking to stop teaching my friend about islam.

anonymous
07-24-2020, 12:08 PM
Few months ago i came across a girl who wanted to learn about islam. I agreed to teach her. I taught her many things and sent her many videos. But she said she'll learn first,and then she'll convert. Then her phone got broke and we were unable to talk to each other. She said to me when she'll buy new phone, she'll give herwatsapp number to me and then i can teach her more and she'll convert. But till now, she hasn't given. She doesn't seem interested now. I am also very busy but still i can take out time to teach her but she isn't interested,it seems. I think i should stop contacting her by myself. Everytime I initiate the chat, i feel i am forcing her to islam. She never contacts by herself, if she is interested,she will text me. Any opinions?

-Your sister

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
07-24-2020, 09:19 PM
I guess it depends on how you're reaching out to her. If you feel like the dawah is pushing her away, stick to simple conversations like "Hi how have you been" type of things. Maybe that will help initiate longer conversations which will allow you to talk about Islam in the future.

IslamLife00
07-25-2020, 02:29 AM
She probably needs a break because there is a lot to digest in Islam.
It took me roughly 2 years from the time I started gathering information about Islam until the day I took my shahada.
If she doesn't give you her whatsapp then you can't contact her anyway. InshaAllah she will accept Islam someday

Studentofdeed
07-25-2020, 02:30 AM
I think all It matters is that you planted the seed...know it depends on her. Give her time and Inshallah Allah will work it out the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Apollo
07-25-2020, 09:53 AM
I would have s as said to her, "there is only One God and Mohammed was the Last Messenger of God." Provide her with a leaflet. End of story; she decides.

I think if a person gives too much information then the subject would find it hard to comprehend.

anonymous
07-29-2020, 05:06 AM
I have started teaching her again from the beginning. But i want to be careful this time. Can you tell me the sequence of it?after 5 pillars of islam,what should i teach? Can anyone tell the qhole sequence?

IslamLife00
07-30-2020, 03:10 AM
I remember the first things I was taught are from this website

A Brief illustrated guide to understanding Islam https://www.islam-guide.com/

InshaAllah will help her learn about Islam as well

Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran
This site on Islam is a brief illustrated guide for non-Muslims who'd like to understand Islam, Muslims (Moslems), and the Quran (Koran). This Islamic guide is simple to read and informative....

anonymous
08-13-2020, 04:10 PM
I sent her this guide but she just saw the message and didn't reply. Does this indicate that she doesn't want to learn anymore?

'Abdullah
08-13-2020, 05:59 PM
88:21
فَذَكِّرْ إِنَّمَآ أَنتَ مُذَكِّرٌ

So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder.

88:22
لَّسْتَ عَلَيْهِم بِمُصَيْطِرٍ

You are not over them a controller.
Your job was to deliver the message and you have done your job. Don't force yourself on anyone. If they do show interest then you can help them, provide them resources and answer their questions. And that's all what Allah has asked you and I to do.

anonymous
08-15-2020, 08:52 AM
So should i provide further sources? I have given this guide suggested by sister above but should i give more information about islam to that friend or if she talks,then i should give?

anonymous
08-30-2020, 03:53 PM
I want to delete the app on which i am talking with her because it's one of the social media. I feel down when i get no response from her. If i delete that app which will cut off our conversation,will i be sinfull? Will i be blamed that i didn't teach her? please reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.