/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudu problems and waswas

sampjzt
08-03-2020, 07:12 PM
Assalamu Alaykum

I have some problems that I have been facing for a while.And I would love to have scholars giving their opinion if possible.

1.I seem to have health issues with my digesting system especially with my rectum.Sometimes after eating food I am not able to do the number 2 and this is where the problem begins.It doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to bother me.It happend last night for Isha prayer I went to mosque we started praying fardh and I started feeling something in my stomach ,gas was building up.So as we prayed fardh i felt something down the rectum but since I wasn't sure I kept going based on the rule of fiqh and the hadeeth.Then after finishing fardh and sunnah prayer I started praying witr (don't judge I'll explain why I don't do night prayer) and then I felt something really strong blowing on my rectum but It seemed like it was inside so I kept going.After coming back home I started worrying and I went to take wudu to repeat everything.And I just couldn't take I tried a bunch of times and I wudu release gas so I said I need to do the number 2 and I went to do so and I couldnt so I got out of the bathroom and I thought maybe rest a little bit but just the gas wouldn't stop I feel asleep waiting for gas to stop I woke up later and no change at all so I just quited and went to my bed to sleep.And this thing with gas and not being able to do number 2 happens sometimes and I don't know what to do sometimes it happens just on the time of prayer and I take wudu over and over again until I just quit and take wudu and pray in that state.I know you would say to visit a doctor but because of this pandemic thing in my country you just can't find a way to get a check up.

2.The second problem is waswas al-qahri I hope I wrote it correct .The waswas started because of the first problem I take wudu a lot of time before going to pray because of thinking that I am releasing gas (this happens all the time not when I release real gas and I can't do number 2 as I mentioned above) even though nothing comes out I just can't stop my self the other thing sometimes I can't go to masjid for prayer and I pray at home every time I do so I have problems taking the starting takbir that we say at the beggining I keep saying it over and over thinking I didn't say it until I start praying.
I hope you guys understand what I said .Please if you have an advice for any of the problems reply.

Assalamu Alaykum.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
08-05-2020, 12:05 AM
Wa 'alaykumussalaam

Waswas usually goes away if you say A'udhu billahi min ash-shaytanirrajeem 3 times or more. If it doesn't go away, learn to ignore it.
You know it's waswas, you know shaytan wants to lead you astray, keep you from fulfilling obligations in Islam. so why give shaytan the attention?

Al A'raf 16 - 17 : [Satan] said, "Because You (Allah) have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path.
Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."

You can also say A'udhu billahi min ash-shaytanirrajeem wa min sharri nafs. It can also be your nafs hindering you from offering salat.
If your wudu is not valid, your salat is not valid as well. You can search islamqa.info, or ask a scholar online for more info about waswas and wudu.

As for gas problem, I have it too sometimes. Can't avoid gas because it is needed in the digestive process, and it's released inside even when the stomach is empty, it's natural process of the body.
What I can do is watch what I eat and drink, as well as maintain hygiene especially mouth and stomach because I heard there are bacterias that can increase the amount of gas released inside the digestive system.
Our body has right over us, so taking care of ourselves is sunnah.

These are what I have found works for me :
* Avoiding brocolli and cauliflower. I cook my own food, so I have control over what I put in it.
* I don't drink cold plain water, only normal temperature or I will warm it a little bit. If I have to drink it cold, I drink water that has some substance in it e.g. nutrition supplement drink, energy drink, milk.
Instead of plain water, I also go with tea or coffee.
* About 15 minutes before wudu, I eat a slice of bread and drink warm water. This usually clears up the stomach and I have no problem doing wudu after that
and the wudu will last long enough to complete salat.

I never eat yoghurt, but there is nothing wrong with it and it may help with your problem.
You still need to see a doctor because with their knowledge they can give much better suggestion for you.
Also what you are experiencing may be a symptom of an underlying health issue, hence solving it is not going to solve the actual problem.

May Allah make it easy for you.

'Abdullah
08-05-2020, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sampjzt
Assalamu Alaykum

I have some problems that I have been facing for a while.And I would love to have scholars giving their opinion if possible.

1.I seem to have health issues with my digesting system especially with my rectum.Sometimes after eating food I am not able to do the number 2 and this is where the problem begins.It doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough to bother me.It happend last night for Isha prayer I went to mosque we started praying fardh and I started feeling something in my stomach ,gas was building up.So as we prayed fardh i felt something down the rectum but since I wasn't sure I kept going based on the rule of fiqh and the hadeeth.Then after finishing fardh and sunnah prayer I started praying witr (don't judge I'll explain why I don't do night prayer) and then I felt something really strong blowing on my rectum but It seemed like it was inside so I kept going.After coming back home I started worrying and I went to take wudu to repeat everything.And I just couldn't take I tried a bunch of times and I wudu release gas so I said I need to do the number 2 and I went to do so and I couldnt so I got out of the bathroom and I thought maybe rest a little bit but just the gas wouldn't stop I feel asleep waiting for gas to stop I woke up later and no change at all so I just quited and went to my bed to sleep.And this thing with gas and not being able to do number 2 happens sometimes and I don't know what to do sometimes it happens just on the time of prayer and I take wudu over and over again until I just quit and take wudu and pray in that state.I know you would say to visit a doctor but because of this pandemic thing in my country you just can't find a way to get a check up.

2.The second problem is waswas al-qahri I hope I wrote it correct .The waswas started because of the first problem I take wudu a lot of time before going to pray because of thinking that I am releasing gas (this happens all the time not when I release real gas and I can't do number 2 as I mentioned above) even though nothing comes out I just can't stop my self the other thing sometimes I can't go to masjid for prayer and I pray at home every time I do so I have problems taking the starting takbir that we say at the beggining I keep saying it over and over thinking I didn't say it until I start praying.
I hope you guys understand what I said .Please if you have an advice for any of the problems reply.

Assalamu Alaykum.
Wa-Alaikum Assalam Wa-Rahmatullhi Wa-Barakatuhu brother,
Hope you find video below helpful.
Simple solution is to ignore the doubts and go with certainty. These waswasas will go away when you will learn how to ignore them & seems like you are already doing that - Alhamdulillah.
Just keep trying to go to the masjid. Make wadu only once, pray only once even when you have doubts and In Sha'a Allah you will be able to find Khushu in your prayers.
And Allah knows the best!
Ma'aSalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.