/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help me Muslim brothers and sisters

wayfarer91
08-04-2020, 01:40 AM
I have been in a quandary about a dua for some time now.. One of the reasons why i joined the group in the first place..
I read mostly that when u make dua, shetan induces waswas in ur mind through thoights and it could also be through people, and we should never succumb to those waswas. Then ive learned to keep knocking at Allah's doors, He is bound to answer one day..
My confusion, however, arises when i see that i ve seen people have similar experience as I. I dont know whether they made dua or not.. But i see how the pattern their and my life followed ws if not 100 pc the same, it was still 85pc similar. And we are also taught to learn from our mistakes. I feel like that might be a sign from Allah that this is how it always ends or turns out to be, so why make dua for this thing? Instead start focusing ur duas on other things.
I feel depressed and anxious al the time because this questin has realy thrown me in. A deserted island where i cant find my answers. No matter where i look, i see an ocean that has the same answers: dont stop making dua, Allah always answers in one of three ways, dua is essence of worship. But none of these answers have helped me get off this jsland.. Please. Anyone reading this, help me out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
08-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Sister im not sure what you are making dua about...but one thing I promise you. Whatever Allah does is best for us. I know i used to make dua for something I wanted so bad so desperately. I was so blinded by desire for this thing. I used pray tahajjud every day. Fast every day, make dhikr, nonstop, crying and begging, and even then Allah did not gave it to me. But then Allah did something even better, he gave me the wisdom to why I didn't get that thing. He lifted the veil in front of my eyes and I realized how stupid and silly I was. If I got that thing I would have been destroyed and miserable. Allah did me a mercy and a huge blessing by not giving me that thing. I thank Allah so much for guiding me and not giving me that thing. That thing sister you are making dua may be your undoing or huge burden. We all get patient especially me. But we just need to remind ourselves that Allah hears our prayers but he knoes best time and place and how to give it to you. Keep your faith up and know you are loved. Because only those who Allah dislikes get everything in this world because they will have no share in hereafer

'Abdullah
08-04-2020, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
I have been in a quandary about a dua for some time now.. One of the reasons why i joined the group in the first place..
I read mostly that when u make dua, shetan induces waswas in ur mind through thoights and it could also be through people, and we should never succumb to those waswas. Then ive learned to keep knocking at Allah's doors, He is bound to answer one day..
My confusion, however, arises when i see that i ve seen people have similar experience as I. I dont know whether they made dua or not.. But i see how the pattern their and my life followed ws if not 100 pc the same, it was still 85pc similar. And we are also taught to learn from our mistakes. I feel like that might be a sign from Allah that this is how it always ends or turns out to be, so why make dua for this thing? Instead start focusing ur duas on other things.
I feel depressed and anxious al the time because this questin has realy thrown me in. A deserted island where i cant find my answers. No matter where i look, i see an ocean that has the same answers: dont stop making dua, Allah always answers in one of three ways, dua is essence of worship. But none of these answers have helped me get off this jsland.. Please. Anyone reading this, help me out.
Assalam O Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu Sister,
In general, one should never loose hope in Allah and keep on making dua even if things look impossible. With dua, one also needs to put some action & then leave the outcome for Allah to decide. Again this is a general advice which may not always apply depending upon what dua you are making & your own circumstances which may vary from person to person.
It will be helpful to know more details such as which dua are you making and some background necessary to get a better picture of your circumstances so that we can advice you accordingly.
I also understand that it may be something you dont want to share, then in that case none of us can really help because we dont know what exactly the situation is and what kind of dua you are making and why people around you think that it is useless to make such dua etc. If privacy is an issue, you can post annonymously, or you can post in the helpdesk section ( only moderators will be able to see your post and they can advice you accordingly), or you can even post here because none of us really know you in person.
And Allah knows the best!
MA'aSalaam

wayfarer91
08-05-2020, 10:26 AM
Ive assumed that it is usual to make dua for it because ive seen so many ppl go through the same..
There are so many things iam asking for... And its hard to tell. My confusion is mainly that is it compulsory for everyone to has the same result. For instance.. Two kids have an exam neither of them studied for the course and the same callibre but is it possible that one made so mucb dua that he passed while the other one didnt...?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wayfarer91
08-05-2020, 11:29 AM
But brother if we keep asking Allah i feel like we will still be given that thing. For instance ibrahim nd his wife were granted a child at such ripe agw and evryone knows how complicated it could have gotten for Sarah.. Despite the cons Allah still gave tem a child

'Abdullah
08-05-2020, 03:27 PM
There are two things which we need to clarify:
For instance.. Two kids have an exam neither of them studied for the course and the same caliber but is it possible that one made so much dua that he passed while the other one didnt...?
We need to understand that Allah has given us free will and ability to analyze things around us. Allah does know everything including our past, present and the future but we don't know our future and that's is why we need to put an effort in everything we do whether it is of worldly nature of spiritual. One can't be a doctor unless one works hard and study medical in school. One can't memorize Quran, unless one puts time and effort into it. We do need dua/supplication to get the strength when we feel weak and supplications to show gratitude in times we are doing well.
In your example, it is wrong for both kids just to rely on dua alone and not to do any actions. Islam is a religion which is based on trust in Allah as well as our actions. For example, one can't just pray to Allah that Oh Allah, provide me with Halal earning and feed me and my family with what you have made halal. One has to work to earn Halal and feed his family from it. Just by making dua, no one is going to come and feed you/your family. This is the general understanding & Sunnah of Allah which does not change. Prophet did made dua for the victory over non-believers but he and his companions has to go out and fight against them ( supplication and actions hand in hand). They won some battles and they lost few, but does this mean Allah was not with them? No, these were the tests. Allah tests some times by giving and sometimes by taking it away.
There are so many things iam asking for... And its hard to tell. My confusion is mainly that is it compulsory for everyone to has the same result.
No, the result would be most likely different because Allah has given different abilities to different people & their tests are also custom made based on their abilities and circumstances. No two people can claim to have exact same past and present. No two people would always think in the same way. We are different from each other and hence our tests are different.

'Abdullah
08-05-2020, 03:35 PM
But brother if we keep asking Allah i feel like we will still be given that thing. For instance ibrahim nd his wife were granted a child at such ripe agw and evryone knows how complicated it could have gotten for Sarah.. Despite the cons Allah still gave tem a child
Subhanallah, you gave a good example but do you realize the tests they went through.
Who among us will be willing to be thrown in fire?
Who among us will be willing to leave his beloved wife and only son is desert only because Allah told him to do so?
Which wife will listen to her husband and be happy to be abandoned in desert with no food or anything? (Imagine the dark nights and blazing hot days in the desert)?
Which son will be happy to be slaughtered for the sake of Allah?
Yes Allah makes some exceptions sometimes as a sign for the people but His tests are also very hard for his believing servants because Allah does not test anyone beyond their capacity. So if you and I are being tested for something, know that we underestimated our capabilities and through these tests Allah wants us to realize our strength if we show patience and keep trust in Him.

wayfarer91
08-06-2020, 05:23 AM
Yes, i know that, But at the same time they were prophets and had a special connection with Allah. Unlike us ofcourse. The examples make us go into nitty gritty of the question at hand. Forget everything. Just focus on the main line, that they were granted a child regardless of their old age and physical condition. Similarly, Hazrat Ayub had everything and was tested for 18 years. But at the same time, your point validates my question. I don't know the type of relationship others have with Allah, may be its stronger, may be weaker than mine. So should i keep making dua, despite everything points in the opposite direction? I used to be astaunch believer in dua, but lately iam confused, when it comes to qadr and qada. And then I read, remember God in good times, so that He will remember you in your bad ones. I didn't pray much before this calamity, so will Allah not remember me now?

wayfarer91
08-06-2020, 05:26 AM
Yeah that's the thingyou are not getting. may be the kids had some problem and that's why couldn't study for the exam. I am talking about miracles, tht human minds can't comprehend. We had this girl in college, miracles worked for her, we had an external examiner for the viva, and the instant her turn came the examiner had to attend a call and left the viva, she was then assigned a teacher from the college. This is what iam saying..She didn't make any effort to get the examiner removed, Right? but she did make dua!
So when iam asking about the exam, iam taking a single example and applying it to two, that is it possible, two people might have a different result due to dua?

'Abdullah
08-06-2020, 06:39 AM
We have the two extremes; people who only believe in the means ( their education, intellect, wealth etc.) or the people who refuse to take the means ( don’t take any actions) and believe Allah will send angels to assist them. These are two extreme and Islam does not teach any of this. In Islam, putting your trust in Allah means to take the available means and then put your trust in Allah. If after taking the meaning and making Dua, things still don’t work out then know that it was Qadr of Allah and whatever He does is best for us whether it makes sense to us or not.

When you leave your house, you lock the house. That’s making use of available means to protect t your house. And you may ask Allah to protect your property in your absence. If someone still robs your house, that’s the Qadr of Allah which you can’t question because Allah knows what we don’t. If you leave the house unlocked and someone steals, that’s because of you did not use the available means and you can’t blame Allah for that. I hope you can understand the difference.

If you start believing in miracles then your faith will be in extreme danger. Dajjal will come with miracles no one could comprehend and guess what people will believe in him after seeing the miracles he will perform with the permission of Allah. May Allah protect us from the trials of Dajjal and give us a proper understanding of Islam. Ameen!

wayfarer91
08-06-2020, 08:40 AM
yes, agreed brother, but there are situations which you can't control, like i told you about the college incident, The girl couldn't have asked for a different teacher, she prayed to God,, There are certain things that are beyond your control. like for instance, Hazrat Zachkaraya was old, his wife barren, he still asked for a son at 85, and God heard his dua. Ask any doctor, it is impossible for a barren woman to give birth, let alone in her 80s

wayfarer91
08-06-2020, 09:02 AM
and you are getting off the point,, my question is not about the effort, my question is about dua,,
but in my case, if you must know, there is nothing i can do, but rely on dua.

'Abdullah
08-06-2020, 01:36 PM
In that case keep making dua, if it is something good for you you may get it or you may get the reward of making dua and putting your trust in Allah in akhira it Allah may remove some hardships from your life as a result of this dua.
I pray that may Allah make things easy for you and reward you with what is best for you in both worlds. Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.