/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Value of Chapter 109 of the Holy Qur'an (Kafiruun-Those who reject faith).

Abu Fauzi
08-04-2020, 03:14 PM
As-Salaam alaikum,
Chapter 109 of the Holy Qur'an, Surat Kafiruun, reads as follows:--

1. "Say: O Ye that reject faith!
2. I worship not that which ye worship,
3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship
4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship
6. To you be your way, And to me mine."

It has been narrated by an-Nisaa'i, Tirmidhi, al-Hakim and at-Tabarani and others on the authority of Anas Ibn Malik, may Allah be pleased with him, who said the Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"Qul ya ayuhal kafiruun [reading chapter 109 of the Qur'an] equals
a fourth of the Qur'an."

In another narration of Sa'ad: "Whoever recites 'Qul-ya ayuhal -Kafiruun, it is as if he recited a fourth of the Qur'an."

And it has been related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud on the authority of Nufayl Ibn Mu'awiyya who said that the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"Whenever one of you retires to his bed at night he should recite: 'Qul ya ayuhal-kafiruun
and then goes to sleep after reciting it will be free of polytheism [shirk]."

And it has been related by ad-Daylami on the authority of Abdullah Ibn Jaraad who said that the Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"The hypocrite cannot pray the forenoon prayer (duhaa),
nor can he recite Qul ya ayuhal-kafiruun."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.