/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeds from China reach several countries

IslamLife00
08-07-2020, 04:03 AM

Hundreds of gardeners in UK received seeds from China that they did not order nor pay for
India is on alert. UK, US and Canada warn recipients against planting the seeds that they did not order, the packages are also not labelled correctly.

I will post any update as soon as it comes out inshaaAllah I'm curious about this. I don't think these people are overreacting.
If they did not order nor pay for the seeds, why did they receive them, and how did the sender know their names and addresses, also are these seeds really coming from China?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
08-07-2020, 04:27 AM
Assalam O Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu Sister,

I was reading about it yesterday. Apparently An Arkansas man recently said he planted mysterious seeds he received before hearing the US Department of Agriculture's warning against doing so. The seeds grew into a squash-like plant with white fruit and orange flowers ( the video is in the article, link below). Arkansas Department of Agriculture think that the seed could introduce an invasive weed, or an invasive insect pest or a plant disease. The report said the local agriculture department planned to remove the mysterious plant from Crenshaw's garden.

On July 29, Osama El-Lissy, a deputy administrator for the USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, said the agency had identified 14 species of seeds, including common herbs such as rosemary and sage, in the unsolicited packages. I guess the main concern is the potential for these seeds to introduce damaging pests or diseases that could harm the agriculture of U.S. or other countries who received these seeds.

https://www.businessinsider.in/inter...w/77383220.cms

https://fortune.com/2020/08/03/china...ified-14-usda/

IslamLife00
08-07-2020, 05:55 AM
Wa 'alaykumussalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh @ 'Abdullah

JazakAllah for the info

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.