/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dust of riba in Sadaqa

RisingLight
08-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “A time will come upon people in which they will consume usury.” It was said, “All of the people?” The Prophet said, “Whoever does not consume it will be affected by its dust.”

We know this time has already come.Apart from some undeveloped areas of undeveloped countries,everyone else is being affected by its dust.You receive your salary through the bank,your wealth is deposited in the bank which uses your money to give it to people on loan.You need a credit card to make most of purchases,which are not your money.You are constantly in debt.If you spend more of it you have to pay interest,and if you dont pay in time you have to pay interest.Even if you pay on time constantly this is a riba contract,it has riba as one of it conditions.And what if you die while you are in debt to the bank?.And what about taxes.The state takes a higher loan and increases your taxes,you are the one paying that loan.And lets not get started with mortgages and student loans etc which are clearly riba.We are all being affected by its dust.

There are muslims taking loans and young muslims engaging in student loans.While we cant change everybody we can at least change ourselves and refrain from the use of credit cards unless it is clearly a neccesity.Most of scholars are against use of credit cards,and we know when there is difference of opinion we should go with the majority.
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/13725/using-credit-cards-is-haraam-even-if-you-pay-up-within-the-time-limit

But what was shocking to me and the reason why i made this thread is that i am trying to donate for lebanon and i cant find a trustworthy islamic site where i can donate with paypal.They require you to donate with,guess what ,a credit card!!?.So i have to give sadaqa with haram money? Even to help each other we have to be affected by the dust of riba.Do these organisations really want to help or is it just another job for them.

Does anybody know where i can donate for lebanon using a halal way?

For those who dont see this as a big issue,if you have no knowledge in geopolitics to know that this is the main tool shaytan is using to control the world,then i remind you of surah Al-Baqara verses 278 and 279

O you who have believed, fear Allah and give up what remains [due to you] of interest, if you should be believers.

And if you do not, then be informed of a war [against you] from Allah and His Messenger. But if you repent, you may have your principal - [thus] you do no wrong, nor are you wronged.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
08-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

You can donate here:

Labanese RedCross

Lebanon Relief

British RedCross

RisingLight
08-09-2020, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
alaikum salam and jazakhAllahu khair

IslamLife00
08-10-2020, 03:55 PM
You do not have to donate using credit cards. If you have a bank account, then you can mail the check to them.

If you do not have a bank account, you can still transfer money to the charity organization through a bank.

Legitimate charity organizations are registered with the government, so they have their own bank account, hence any bank or financial institution can transfer your money to their account.

You can use credit card, if there is no other way to donate or buy something online - so you are forced to use it - as long as you do have the money and you pay it right away to avoid paying interest.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2010...ia-credit-card

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
RisingLight
08-11-2020, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
You do not have to donate using credit cards. If you have a bank account, then you can mail the check to them.

If you do not have a bank account, you can still transfer money to the charity organization through a bank.

Legitimate charity organizations are registered with the government, so they have their own bank account, hence any bank or financial institution can transfer your money to their account.

You can use credit card, if there is no other way to donate or buy something online - so you are forced to use it - as long as you do have the money and you pay it right away to avoid paying interest.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2010...ia-credit-card

thank you for your reply,well only one had the 'transfer money to bank' option,but even if they all had i mean wouldnt it be easier to put also other methods of paying? this way we dont have to pay the banks..anyway
in reply to your answer this is a bit contradicting,because in the link i posted it says smth else...idk if you read that link but here is a sentence from that " Using them is haraam even if the user is certain that he will pay the bank within the time limit. "
"The cost of the card is a kind of riba which the user pays to the bank, and this riba is paid by the user whether he pays on time or not. "
"Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said concerning this kind of contract: A contract of this type is not permissible, because it involves riba which is the price of the card, and it also means committing to pay interest if payment is delayed. "

So even if you pay on time the price you pay for the card itself is considered riba.Because even if you pay on time you are still taking the money of another even for a split second and you are paying this person to give you the money for a time period,be it 1 second or 1 year or 10 years its still interest.

We are allowed to commit things that are normally haram if there is a matter of life or death,there is always a way,even for that thing youd buy online there is always a replacement in a shop somewhere or another site where you can pay in another way.But sure if it is extremely necessary then its allowed in shaa Allah,but those cases are extremely rare

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 05:42 AM
We need to understand that a fatwa which works in an Islamic country may not work for a Muslim living in the West. For example, it is almost impossible for someone living in the West to do certain things such as booking an air ticket, renting a car etc. without a credit card. In this case, it is permissible to use credit cards as long as one makes sure to pay the amount due in time to avoid any interest.
I hope video below will be helpful.

IslamLife00
08-11-2020, 02:29 PM
That's why in the link it is said that you can use credit card only if you are forced to do so. Yes it is extremely rare, but in the future it may not be that rare.
What you can easily find local now, may not be that easy to find in the future. Global economy is part of the agenda of the elite. It's the best way for them to enslave the world population.
They won't allow any country to be independent. Because an independent country will not obey their agenda. It's satanic through and through.
Buying local certainly is a better idea, you can avoid using credit card and support local economy at the same time, although the products may not be locally made.

Charity organizations usually have other methods of paying than transfer to bank.
If you find one that accepts Paypal, then you can still use Paypal. Just link your bank account to Paypal. There is a fee but usually for withdrawal not for sending.

Or you can send cash by Moneygram. All you need is address and recipient's name. There is a fee for sending, but usually not as much as bank transfer fee.
You can also send to bank a/c if they give you the information.

If Moneygram doesn't have location in Lebanon, check out the alternatives : https://transferwise.com/us/blog/alt...s-to-moneygram

Also, I found this charity organization for Lebanon : https://www.facebook.com/Islamic.Relief.Lebanon

Apollo
08-12-2020, 11:37 PM
Hold it. Credit card companies earn their money on the basis of interest. So, even if one pays the credit card debt before interest is incurred; One is still involved with usury by having the card. We reside in the West. It is challenging to avoid payment of interest. Make your prayers. Live and Let Live.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.