/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Women lack in intelligence and religious commitment?

questionable
08-09-2020, 10:58 PM
Hey y'all. I am confused on some things in Islam so I created this for the discussion form so that I could get some explanations. I hope we can have healthy discussions.
Anyways, can someone explain this well known hadith?

‘O women! Give charity, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell.’ They asked, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allah?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religious commitment than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.

I understand that it makes sense that majority of the people in hell are women since there are plenty of more women than men on earth. But it seems like this hadith is very hurtful because it is saying that women are deficient in religious commitment and intelligence. and look at this next one

"I have not seen any one more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious, sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked: "O Allah's Apostle, what is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said: "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said: "This is the deficiency of your intelligence"... "Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said: "This is the deficiency in your religion."

It seems like that it is showing that women are not intelligent because the testimony of two women is equal to a man, and that they are deficient in religion for something that Allah gave them.. It doesn't make sense and it sounds hurtful tbh

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
08-09-2020, 11:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by questionable
It seems like that it is showing that women are not intelligent because the testimony of two women is equal to a man, and that they are deficient in religion for something that Allah gave them.. It doesn't make sense and it sounds hurtful tbh
so if you are highly intelligent...
is that something you achieved all by yourself, or...
is that something Allah gave to you?

what I'm getting at is that everything is given to you...whether it is intelligence or deficiency of intelligence.

questionable
08-09-2020, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
so if you are highly intelligent...
is that something you achieved all by yourself, or...
is that something Allah gave to you?

what I'm getting at is that everything is given to you...whether it is intelligence or deficiency of intelligence.

I get what your saying, but why is it said as if it is an insult then? Isn't that what it sounds like?

Ümit
08-09-2020, 11:51 PM
I get what your saying, but why is it said as if it is an insult then? Isn't that what it sounds like?
women have a much more emotionally character in average relative to men...this has a lot of advantages for women in their daily tasks in general...but it also has disadvantages of course.
because they experience events much more intense...so will their story when they were witnessing some event be much more intence and maybe not too reliable anymore unfortunately...men usually react much cooler and usually try to be more objective and down to earth...
of course...there are always exceptions...and not everyone is like that...I know...but we are talking in general here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abdullah
08-10-2020, 01:41 AM
Hey y'all. I am confused on some things in Islam so I created this for the discussion form so that I could get some explanations. I hope we can have healthy discussions.
Anyways, can someone explain this well known hadith?

‘O women! Give charity, for I have seen that you form the majority of the people of Hell.’ They asked, ‘Why is that, O Messenger of Allah?’ He replied, ‘You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religious commitment than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you.

I understand that it makes sense that majority of the people in hell are women since there are plenty of more women than men on earth. But it seems like this hadith is very hurtful because it is saying that women are deficient in religious commitment and intelligence. and look at this next one

"I have not seen any one more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious, sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked: "O Allah's Apostle, what is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said: "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said: "This is the deficiency of your intelligence"... "Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said: "This is the deficiency in your religion."

Hope article below will be helpful in understanding the Hadith in question:
https://abuaminaelias.com/women-defi...ason-religion/

xboxisdead
08-10-2020, 03:18 AM
The cursing a lot and ungratefulness to their husband is so true. This is coming even from a non-Muslim world. A non-Muslim man spend over 2 million dollars decorating for his kitchen's wife. Next week he forgot to give her a gift card, she said "WHAT HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR ME?" she insulted him and verbally abused him because he forgot to give her a gift card, denied completely the two million dollar he spend on her kitchen been redecorated.

Usually, that is one reason of many hundreds why I remain to be single.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.