/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does it happen with any one else?

amnasheikh99
08-10-2020, 09:29 AM
Assalam o alaikum
I don't know whether it is a waswasa, or a signal from the universe, but something I have noticed a lot. Everytime i raise my hands to make dua, my heart begins to beat rapidly, as if getting tensed and worried. As a result, i get on the internet, google religious videos and lectures, and obviously read the comment section as well. In the comment section I have noticed many people who say they have made dua, but wasn't answered, or are making dua, etc. It leads me to wonder, that why would Allah answer my supplication if He didn't answer person A and B's duas etc.
Iam in a dilemma.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wayfarer91
08-10-2020, 05:20 PM
I am facing similar problems

Studentofdeed
08-10-2020, 05:45 PM
sister Allah has accepted many of duas...but also there are some duas he did not accept BUT I am glad he didn't. Because those things were REALLY bad for me. Read the post about inability to make dua. I literally am grateful. Because had I gotten those duas accepted...i would literally be destroyed or miserable. Sometimes there may be wisdom of why hearts are attached to something that is not good for us...so Allah can maybe show us that we may not know everything and should rely on him and him alone. He wants us to realize why everything we want may not even be good for us. Ask Allah whatever ur seeking to give it to you and he will give whatever is good. Trust me on this...if I gotten those things...i literally would not be even here. So trust why Allah didn't give u tbose things. He protecting you from something you are not seeing

Studentofdeed
08-10-2020, 05:48 PM
I can give many examples but one il leave here....one semester I was only able to sign up for 3 classes. I was furious and angry. I was so angry that university didn't let me sign up for more classes. Later I had a consultation with a doctor that I was going to have a major surgery which was going to take me out of school for weeks and pretty much for the rest of semester. If I had took more classes...it would have been too much and I would have failed. Alhamdullah I did good because I iddnt have too many classes . I thank Allah for not letting me sign up too many classes at the moment

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
amnasheikh99
08-10-2020, 06:11 PM
But that is not my question. My dilemma is that under any condition, why would Allah accept my dua when He didnt answer the dua of person B although we both wanted identical things.
For instance, keeping everything constant. A and B prayed for a car, B got it, but A didnt.. And that discouraged A from making dua.
I dont know how to put it. English isn't my first language

Studentofdeed
08-10-2020, 06:24 PM
Because everyone's situation is different. Maybe Allah knew that a car would be good for so and so but bad for the other person. Perhaps the first person would use it as means of good while the second person may end up using the car for bad means. Each person is a different person with different qadr and situation. Does that make sense?

Alpha Dude
08-10-2020, 10:31 PM
Recognise the wisdom of Allah. He deals with his servants according to their individual needs. We may wish for x, y and z but ultimately, Allah knows what is best for us.

We have been directed by Allah to make dua for whatever we desire. Dua is a means of forming a relationship with Allah. The more you do it, the closer you can get to him. This is the main benefit of dua. This relationship, in fact, should be a primary goal for Muslims, over and above individual requirements of the time.

As to the examples of the people you read - people are not consistent. They give up. There are conditions to the acceptance of dua, too. First, make sure you fulfil your obligations toward Allah by doing the things he has commanded, e.g. praying 5 times and avoid the things he has told us to not do.

Bottom line is that you need to make dua consistently and not to have any doubt in Allah providing for you - whilst acknowledging that he may hold back from you, either to test you or to reward you in the hereafter.

amnasheikh99
08-11-2020, 04:46 AM
but brother, can't dua change qadr?

- - - Updated - - -

that is a good point. perhps these are waswas iam getting from satan

wayfarer91
08-11-2020, 05:11 AM
but what to do with the worried heart when making dua?

Studentofdeed
08-11-2020, 05:12 AM
Yes dua changes qadr...provided that qadr is good for you. You have to work for it and it has to be good for you.

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amnasheikh99
but brother, can't dua change qadr?
Do you know your Qadr? Perhaps Allah has already changed your Qadr but you can’t see it because you don’t know what Allah knows.

amnasheikh99
08-11-2020, 06:28 AM
I don't understand, what do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

if that were the case, no one would have anything bad happen to them,. no?
it is a bit off topic, but i know someone who married a person, despite her istikhara etc and he made her life unbearable.

- - - Updated - - -
@student of deed
if that were the case, no one would have anything bad happen to them,. no?
it is a bit off topic, but i know someone who married a person, despite her istikhara etc and he made her life unbearable.

- - - Updated - - -
@Abdullah can you explain, i don't get your answer

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 06:30 AM
My question is simple, do you know your Qadr?

amnasheikh99
08-11-2020, 06:37 AM
no, i don't know.

amnasheikh99
08-11-2020, 06:40 AM
then how do i know i should stop invoking Allah, and what to do with my palpating heart?

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 06:55 AM
no, i don't know.
Yahya related to me from Malik that Zayd ibn Aslam used to say:
No-one makes a dua without one of three things happening.
Either it is answered,
or it is stored up for him,
or wrong actions are atoned for by it."

وَحَدَّثَنِي عَنْ مَالِكٍ، عَنْ زَيْدِ بْنِ أَسْلَمَ، أَنَّهُ كَانَ يَقُولُ مَا مِنْ دَاعٍ يَدْعُو إِلاَّ كَانَ بَيْنَ إِحْدَى ثَلاَثٍ إِمَّا أَنْ يُسْتَجَابَ لَهُ وَإِمَّا أَنْ يُدَّخَرَ لَهُ وَإِمَّا أَنْ يُكَفَّرَ عَنْهُ ‏
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 15, Hadith 36
Arabic reference: Book 15, Hadith 508
https://sunnah.com/urn/505080

Perhaps your dua has already been answered by removing some difficulties/tests/trials from your life or perhaps it is not the right time for you to get what you need. As I said before, we need to trust that Allah knows what is the best and we should be happy with whatever He has decreed for us because He knows what we don’t know and if we keep trust in Him, we will soon realize that indeed our duas have been answered and we have been given much better than we asked.
juat be patience and never stop making duas, it’s essence of our worship because it puts us in our place and make us realize that we are nothing and it is Allah who is in complete control.

'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 07:00 AM
then how do i know i should stop invoking Allah, and what to do with my palpating heart?
Please watch this video, this will help to understand many questions you have about dua.

amnasheikh99
08-11-2020, 07:05 AM
I posted here after i saw this video on youtube. i even asked another scholar, and he told me to keep making dua until you get wat you want :/

Studentofdeed
08-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Even if something bad happens...it happens with a will of Allah. It is meant to make us wiser or to bring us back to Allah as better muslim. These experiences keep us humble and make us realize there is no one to depend on but Allah. If someone is with someone bad...it is supposed to be a form of test. Allah tests us all in different ways but these are so we recognize and cherish the blessings we do have. There are many wisdoms but know even if something is bad that happened without your direct hand is actually good for you. Its like medicine. Its God awful bitter but curing you. So in essence it can purify you of your sins and may be the cause to you going to paradise. There are many reasons...but keep making dua. Pray istikhara and try your best. I am certain as long you stay true to the path of Deen, Allah will do the best for you

amnasheikh99
08-11-2020, 08:36 AM
Mashallah brothers, you have a strong faith. Thankyou for your pieces of aadvice and encouraging comments, but my brain is senseless and is not able to satisfy itself

Hamza Asadullah
08-11-2020, 10:54 AM
Assalam o alaikum
I don't know whether it is a waswasa, or a signal from the universe, but something I have noticed a lot. Everytime i raise my hands to make dua, my heart begins to beat rapidly, as if getting tensed and worried. As a result, i get on the internet, google religious videos and lectures, and obviously read the comment section as well. In the comment section I have noticed many people who say they have made dua, but wasn't answered, or are making dua, etc. It leads me to wonder, that why would Allah answer my supplication if He didn't answer person A and B's duas etc.
Iam in a dilemma.
Assalaamu Alaikum,

Regarding the heart palpitations then does it also occur in other situations or when your nervous or anxious? or just when you make Dua? It may be worth getting yourself checked out by your Physician just in case.

Another precaution that we should all take daily is it to recite the supplications of protection:

https://www.ruqyaqa.com/0001-how-doe...and-magic.html

Regarding Waswasa in worship you can also refer to this thread:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship

Regarding Dua:

They said: We call upon Allah, but He does not respond to us

Ibrâhîm ibn Adham (Ra) - said, when he was asked about the verse: "Call upon Me and I will respond to you." [Sûrah Ghâfir 40:60] They said: We call upon Allah, but He does not respond to us. So he said:

"You know Allâh; yet you do not obey Him.
You recite the Qur'ân; yet you do not act according to it.
You know Shaytân; yet you continue agreeing with him.
You claim to love Allâh's Messenger 'alayhis-salâm; yet you abandon his Sunnah (guidance and way).
You claim to love Paradise, yet you do not work for it.
You claim to fear the Fire; yet you do not stop sinning.
You say, Indeed death is true; yet you have not prepared for it.
You busy yourselves with the faults of others; yet you do not look at your own faults.
You eat the sustenance that Allâh provides for you; yet you are not grateful to Him.
And you bury your dead; yet you have not heeded its lesson."

[Al-Hâfidh Ibn Rajab related it in al-Khushû' fis-Salâh (p.62).]

Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah (Ra) said "Let none of you think that his Dua will go unanswered because of the sins that he knows of himself.

Indeed, Allah responded to the Dua of the worst amongst His creation; Iblees (Shaitan, the cursed one), when he said; 'O My Lord! Give me respite until the Day of Judgement!' He (Allah SWT) replied, 'Then you are of those who have been reprieved.' (Surah al-Hijr 36-37).

So if the Dua of Iblees can be accepted, then surely the Dua of a sinner has more right than the devil himself!

And surely your Lord is never unjust...

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Qur'an; 12:87)

Do not get frustrated and impatient when making Dua:

Abu Hurayrah (Ra) said: the Prophet (Sallalahu alaihi Wasallam) said: The Dua of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, I made Dua but it was not answered. (Bukhaari & Muslim)

Abu Hurayrah (Ra) narrated that the Prophet (Sallalahu alaihi Wasallam) said: “A person will still be answered so long as his du’aa’ does not involve sin or severing ties of kinship, and so long as he does not become impatient.” It was said: O Messenger of Allaah, what does being impatient mean? He said: “Saying, I said du’aa’, and I said du’aa’, and I did not receive any response, then he becomes frustrated and stops saying du’aa’.” (Muslim;2735).

Shaythan wants us to lose hope in making Dua to Allah. This is because he knows that Allah loves when his slaves ask of him, beg of him and cry unto him. However the sworn enemy of mankind hates it when we ask of Allah and he wants nothing more than for everyone of us to lose hope, become impatient and consequently stop making Dua to Allah as he wrongly tells us that "there's no point, Allah is not listening to you nor will he accept your Dua's." He also makes us feel hypocritical of making Dua to Allah as he reminds us of what big sinners we are.

However we must ignore this lies being whispered to us and firmly believe that our Dua's will never go to waste. We must always remember that Allah listens to every Dua but he responds in ways we may not understand at the time but one thing is for sure that he will give us what is best for us. We may realise this later on or Allah may tell us in the Hereafter. This is also a test of our patience. So we must put our trust, hopes and reliance upon Allah and never lose hope. We must never give into the evil whispers of shaythan who is the biggest deceiver of mankind.

May Allah enable us to patiently persevere in making Dua into him and not to ever lose hope. May he accept our Dua's and grant us the ability to continuously seek His forgiveness (through sincere repentance). Ameen.

Studentofdeed
08-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Mashallah brothers, you have a strong faith. Thankyou for your pieces of aadvice and encouraging comments, but my brain is senseless and is not able to satisfy itself
Sistee you are not senseless. You are better than 90 percent of women in this world. You are practicing and on the true religion of God. Many people spent their whole lives searching for it and you are already there!! Sadly many girls in my university throw themselves at men or dress inappropriately. But alhamdullah you don't do that. Doesn't that show that you indeed are intelligent? And its fine. We all gets doubts and struggle with faith. It fluctuates time and time again. You can see my posts even i struggle with mine, but alhamdullah the good brothers and sisters on Islamicboard help me get back on track. I sometimes ask silly questions and an confused but that is what islam is. Its a perpetual journey and we have to keep striving. So keep striving and Allah will bless you and never disappoint you. May Allah bless you in both worlds

wayfarer91
08-11-2020, 03:21 PM
ask Allah for whatever you want. Youjust need to have the conviction that He will answer. Don't look at other people, they don't walk in your shoes, and vice versa. So even though the entire world points north, you can ask Allah for the South. He says Be and It is. do you really think that our minds can comprehend His greatness. Remember, HE is the creator of each and every thing, even the bacteria, the microscopic organisms. HE created the atom, and the electrons, which only recently the scientists found out existed,and have only theories to prove.
God will and give you, just have the faith, that HE will answer.
We are all sinners, we all suffer from waswas, but how u deal with them will help you. Atleast this is what i believe. no matter what you read on the internet, remember, Allah is Al mighty. He will bring us back to life on the day of judgement, which no human mind has been able to achieve, so why not grant you the thing you want. :) supplicate, until He gives you. Allah loves it when you beg, we all pray for you to get what you want amin.

AkhirahStrategy
08-20-2020, 09:01 PM
lol i have make many dua and 98% of them answered including many worldly dua i got more than i asked for .this prompted me to get addicted to dua like i make dua 2 or 3 times per day.
my secret is this
1.wake up 1 hour before fajr.
2.do a good dead 2 rakat salah,read quran,istighfar or tasbiih.
3.then make ur dua while in sujood.
4.attend fajr prayer in congretion.

continue this for 3 or 4 months and see the results.
ofcourse one must observe the shurut of dua like not eating haram food,severing kin ties or hastening in dua.

i asked allah to help me finish uni while i was on the
brink of being expelled due to eligibility issues.
i asked allah for job i got it.kids got it.i asked allah to help me with overcoming addictions.

one secret i noticed in surah anbiya allah gave all the prophets what they asked prophet ayub,yunus,zakariah noah etc allah says they used to hasten in doing good deeds.the more u hasten when u hear adhan the more allah hastens ur dua.

amnasheikh99
08-21-2020, 06:10 AM
This is a really good piece of advice brother. LAtely, i have noticed that i am becoming lazy when it comes to offering namaz as well, For the past 2 weeks I didn't even bother offering fajr. or chasht, But Going to turn that around. @AkhirahStrategy , have you witnessed miracles? something impossible through your duas?
CuZ what I am asking for is practically impossible only Allah can make it possible

Hamza Asadullah
08-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Attachment 6967

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.