/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will God accept me?

anonymous
08-11-2020, 03:34 PM
I have been a sinner most of my life. Prayed off and on. But mostly it was dominated by sins.
Only did i get into extreme trouble did i turn back to God.
Will He answer my supplication? Will He forgive me, only because I turned to Him when i needed Him. I feel awful. Bcuz the trouble is really big

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
08-11-2020, 04:37 PM

قُلْ يَٰعِبَادِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا۟ عَلَىٰٓ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا۟ مِن رَّحْمَةِ ٱللَّهِ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ ٱلْغَفُورُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) say: Allah the Almighty said: O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

عَنْ أَنَسٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ ، قَالَ : سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللهِ صَلَّى الله عَلَيْهِ وَ سَلَّمَ ، يَقُولُ :

قَالَ اللهُ تَعَالَى : يَا ابْنَ ادَمَ ، إِنَّكَ مَا دَعَوْتََنِي وَرَجَوْتَنِي ، غَفَرْتُ لَكَ عَلَى مَا كَانَ مِنْكَ وَلَا أُبالِي . يا ابْنَ ادَمَ :لَوْ بَلَغَتْ ذُنُوبُكَ عَنانَ السَّماءِ ثُم َّ اسْتَغْفَرْتَني ، غَفَرْتُ لَكَ . يَا ابْنَ ادَمَ : إِنَّكَ لَوْ أَتَيْتَنِي بِقُرَابِ الأَرْضِ خَطَايا ثُمَّ لَقِيتَني لَا تُشْرِكُ بِي شَيْأً ، لَأَتيْتُكَ بِقُرَابِها مَغْفِرَةً

Arabic/English book reference: Hadith 35
https://sunnah.com/qudsi40/34

In another hadith: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (ﷺ), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:
A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.
It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

عَنْ أَبي هُرَيْرَةَ ، رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ ، عَنِ النَّبَيِّ صَلَّى الله عَلَيْهِ وَ سَلَّمَ ، فِيما يَحْكِي عَنْ رَبِّهِ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ ، قَالَ :

أَذْنَبَ عَبْدٌ ذَنْبًا ، فَقَالَ : اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبي . فَقَالَ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالى : أَذْنَبَ عَبْدِي ذَنْبًا ، فَعَلِمَ أنَّ لَهُ رَبّاً ، يَغْفِرُ الذَّنْبَ ، وَيَأْخُذُ بِهِ . ثُمَّ عَادَ فَأَذْنَبَ ، فَقَالَ : أَيّ رَبِّ ، اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبِِي ، فَقَالَ تَبَارَكَ وتَعَالى : عَبْدِي أَذْنَبَ ذَنْباً . فَعَلِمَ أَنَّ لَهُ رَبّاً يَغْفِرُ الذَّنْبَ ، ويَأْخُذُ بِهِ . ثُمَّ عَادَ فَأَذْنَبَ ، فَقَالَ : أَيّ رَبِّ ، اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبِي : فَقَالَ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى : أَذْنَبَ عَبْدِي ذَنْباً ، فَعَلِمَ أَنَّ لَهُ رَبّاً ، يَغْفِرُ الذَّنْبَ ، ويَأْخُذُ بالذَّنْبِ . اعْمَلْ مَا شِئْتَ ، فَقَدْ غَفَرْتُ لَكَ .

رواهُ مسلم (وكذلك البخاري)
Arabic/English book reference: Hadith 33
https://sunnah.com/qudsi40/33

What I have quoted above does not need any explination. It is self explanatory. Just remember that Allah is The Most Merciful, you can sin day and night throughout your life and even then your sins can never be more than the mercy of Allah. Only thing which is important is to repent and truely turn your back to all the evils and try to connect to Allah with sincerity. Remember that Satan is our biggest enemy and he always tries to make us underestimate the Mercy of Allah. He always tries to make us hopeless. It is important that we know who Allah is and if we know Him; we know that as long as we seek forgiveness Allah will forgive us In Sha'a Allah.

Read the hadith below of a person who killed 100 people and Allah forgave him and entered him in Jannah because he repented just before his death:

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
There was a person before you who had killed ninety-nine persons and then made an inquiry about the learned persons of the world (who could show him the way to salvation). He was directed to a monk. He came to him and told him that he had killed ninety-nine persons and asked him whether there was any scope for his repentance to be accepted. He said: No. He killed him also and thus completed one hundred. He then asked about the learned persons of the earth and he was directed to a scholar, and he told him that he had killed one hundred persons and asked him whether there was any scope for his repentance to be accepted. He said: Yes; what stands between you and the repentance? You better go to such and such land; there are people devoted to prayer and worship and you also worship along with them and do not come to the land of yours since it was an evil land (for you). So he went away and he had hardly covered half the distance when death came to him and there was a dispute between the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment. The angels of mercy said: This man has come as a penitant and remorseful to Allah and the angels of punishment said: He has done no good at all. Then there came another angel in the form of a human being in order to decide between them. He said: You measure the land to which he has drawn near. They measured it and found him nearer to the land where he intended to go (the land of piety), and so the angels of mercy took possession of it. Qatada said that Hasan told him that it was said to them that as death approached him, he crawled upon his chest (and managed) to slip in the land of mercy.

حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لاِبْنِ الْمُثَنَّى - قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ هِشَامٍ، حَدَّثَنِي أَبِي، عَنْ قَتَادَةَ، عَنْ أَبِي الصِّدِّيقِ، عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ، أَنَّ نَبِيَّ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ كَانَ فِيمَنْ كَانَ قَبْلَكُمْ رَجُلٌ قَتَلَ تِسْعَةً وَتِسْعِينَ نَفْسًا فَسَأَلَ عَنْ أَعْلَمِ أَهْلِ الأَرْضِ فَدُلَّ عَلَى رَاهِبٍ فَأَتَاهُ فَقَالَ إِنَّهُ قَتَلَ تِسْعَةً وَتِسْعِينَ نَفْسًا فَهَلْ لَهُ مِنَ تَوْبَةٍ فَقَالَ لاَ ‏.‏ فَقَتَلَهُ فَكَمَّلَ بِهِ مِائَةً ثُمَّ سَأَلَ عَنْ أَعْلَمِ أَهْلِ الأَرْضِ فَدُلَّ عَلَى رَجُلٍ عَالِمٍ فَقَالَ إِنَّهُ قَتَلَ مِائَةَ نَفْسٍ فَهَلْ لَهُ مِنْ تَوْبَةٍ فَقَالَ نَعَمْ وَمَنْ يَحُولُ بَيْنَهُ وَبَيْنَ التَّوْبَةِ انْطَلِقْ إِلَى أَرْضِ كَذَا وَكَذَا فَإِنَّ بِهَا أُنَاسًا يَعْبُدُونَ اللَّهَ فَاعْبُدِ اللَّهَ مَعَهُمْ وَلاَ تَرْجِعْ إِلَى أَرْضِكَ فَإِنَّهَا أَرْضُ سَوْءٍ ‏.‏ فَانْطَلَقَ حَتَّى إِذَا نَصَفَ الطَّرِيقَ أَتَاهُ الْمَوْتُ فَاخْتَصَمَتْ فِيهِ مَلاَئِكَةُ الرَّحْمَةِ وَمَلاَئِكَةُ الْعَذَابِ فَقَالَتْ مَلاَئِكَةُ الرَّحْمَةِ جَاءَ تَائِبًا مُقْبِلاً بِقَلْبِهِ إِلَى اللَّهِ ‏.‏ وَقَالَتْ مَلاَئِكَةُ الْعَذَابِ إِنَّهُ لَمْ يَعْمَلْ خَيْرًا قَطُّ ‏.‏ فَأَتَاهُمْ مَلَكٌ فِي صُورَةِ آدَمِيٍّ فَجَعَلُوهُ بَيْنَهُمْ فَقَالَ قِيسُوا مَا بَيْنَ الأَرْضَيْنِ فَإِلَى أَيَّتِهِمَا كَانَ أَدْنَى فَهُوَ لَهُ ‏.‏ فَقَاسُوهُ فَوَجَدُوهُ أَدْنَى إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أَرَادَ فَقَبَضَتْهُ مَلاَئِكَةُ الرَّحْمَةِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ قَتَادَةُ فَقَالَ الْحَسَنُ ذُكِرَ لَنَا أَنَّهُ لَمَّا أَتَاهُ الْمَوْتُ نَأَى بِصَدْرِهِ ‏.‏
Reference: Sahih Muslim 2766 a
In-book reference: Book 50, Hadith 54
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Book 37, Hadith 6662
https://sunnah.com/muslim/50/54

Now ask yourself, if you have killed 100 people? If not, what makes you loose hope in Allah's Mercy? Imagine, how many people sin and disobey Allah and He still provides for them. Its the Mercy of Allah, that mother loves her kid even after going through near death experience while delivering her. Read the hadith below:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) saying, Allah divided Mercy into one hundred parts. He kept ninety nine parts with Him and sent down one part to the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His Creations are merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it."

حَدَّثَنَا الْحَكَمُ بْنُ نَافِعٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا شُعَيْبٌ، عَنِ الزُّهْرِيِّ، أَخْبَرَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ الْمُسَيَّبِ، أَنَّ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ جَعَلَ اللَّهُ الرَّحْمَةَ مِائَةَ جُزْءٍ، فَأَمْسَكَ عِنْدَهُ تِسْعَةً وَتِسْعِينَ جُزْءًا، وَأَنْزَلَ فِي الأَرْضِ جُزْءًا وَاحِدًا، فَمِنْ ذَلِكَ الْجُزْءِ يَتَرَاحَمُ الْخَلْقُ، حَتَّى تَرْفَعَ الْفَرَسُ حَافِرَهَا عَنْ وَلَدِهَا خَشْيَةَ أَنْ تُصِيبَهُ ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 6000
In-book reference: Book 78, Hadith 31
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 29
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/31

Can you imagine the Mercy of our Creator on the day of Judgement? if you can't multiple the love you find in the heart of your mother by 99 and perhaps even that will be far less compared to the Mercy of our Lord for true believers on the day of Judgement. May Allah help us die as Muslims so that we can get the Mercy of our Creator. Ameen!

I will finish my post with one more hadith: Narrated `Umar bin Al-Khattab:
Some Sabi (i.e. war prisoners, children and woman only) were brought before the Prophet (ﷺ) and behold, a woman amongst them was milking her breasts to feed and whenever she found a child amongst the captives, she took it over her chest and nursed it (she had lost her child but later she found him) the Prophet said to us, "Do you think that this lady can throw her son in the fire?" We replied, "No, if she has the power not to throw it (in the fire)." The Prophet (ﷺ) then said, "Allah is more merciful to His slaves than this lady to her son."

حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ أَبِي مَرْيَمَ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو غَسَّانَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنِي زَيْدُ بْنُ أَسْلَمَ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَدِمَ عَلَى النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم سَبْىٌ، فَإِذَا امْرَأَةٌ مِنَ السَّبْىِ قَدْ تَحْلُبُ ثَدْيَهَا تَسْقِي، إِذَا وَجَدَتْ صَبِيًّا فِي السَّبْىِ أَخَذَتْهُ فَأَلْصَقَتْهُ بِبَطْنِهَا وَأَرْضَعَتْهُ، فَقَالَ لَنَا النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ أَتَرَوْنَ هَذِهِ طَارِحَةً وَلَدَهَا فِي النَّارِ ‏"‏‏.‏ قُلْنَا لاَ وَهْىَ تَقْدِرُ عَلَى أَنْ لاَ تَطْرَحَهُ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اللَّهُ أَرْحَمُ بِعِبَادِهِ مِنْ هَذِهِ بِوَلَدِهَا ‏"‏‏.‏
Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 5999
In-book reference: Book 78, Hadith 30
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 8, Book 73, Hadith 28
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/30

Subhanallah, how can one loose hope in the Mercy of Allah. Indeed being hopeless only comes from Satan. And being grateful is a virtue of Muslims. We need to repent constantly for not being able to worship Allah in a way He deserves and be thankful for continuously overlooking our shortcoming and keep providing us with opportunities to repent and turn back to Him.

wayfarer91
08-11-2020, 05:34 PM
We are all sinners. Some more than others. But God's mercy is limitless. It is unimaginable. Maybe the predicament you are facing was Allah's way of bringing you back to Him.
Dont stop making dua.. Always ask for His forgiveness and then supplicate to the Raheem

anonymous
08-11-2020, 10:56 PM
Thank you. However, satan keeps whispering in my ears like what i am praying for is impossible. Like I am not talking about transgression in supplication. I still feel like be cause of my past the supplication will be hindered by my gunnahs. Like we see the most pious messengers get tested and like got delayed responses. I am like no where near to their character

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
08-11-2020, 11:48 PM
Also, I feel like i am asking for a miracle from God

wayfarer91
08-12-2020, 08:11 AM
you have made me depressed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.