/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does it happen with anyone els?

wayfarer91
08-12-2020, 11:31 AM
When making dua i get reminded of all the times my duas went unanswered.. How do u cope with such thoughts.indont need the remindee that dua is accepted in one of three ways. Something different please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Ansariyah
08-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Assalamualaikum. Sister you are thinking too much about all this which probably isn't good for you. Let's not forget our primary purpose herein is to please Allah SWT and not to get obsessed with what we want. I am sure there were times when your dua got fulfilled. Allah SWT doesn't have any enmity towards you. He is Merciful to all His creation. He even listened to the prayer of arrogant one ,satan. Why do you think He won't listen to you.
In the words of Yasmin mogahed" Your mother is driving the car and you don't know where she is taking you. And you ask"Where we going?" She says"Don't worry." No one in that circumstance is gonna panic. Even though you don't know where you going or why but you have sense of trust. You trust the driver. You know your mother is not gonna leave you somewhere and in addition harm you. But in fact you have a positive opinion of your mother. But God loves us more than 70 mothers. Do you think He will disappoint you. It's on us,do we trust the driver of our lives. We'll have to have positive opinion of God. And when we do, we don't see His working to hurt us. We trust Him and we know that He is doing it for our ultimate best."

All you have to do is trust Allah. Try to replace the negative thoughts with positive ones. Remember all the times He answered you. We believe in Allah'names and attributes right? One of His names is Al Mujib(The Responsive One)This bears a great meaning and has a lot to do in our lives. If we don't understand this and keeps doubting whether Allah will answer or no, we are doubting one of the sifaat(attributes) of Allah(may Allah protect) which will eventually take us out of fold of islam.
How often we make dua to Allah to give us good in this life and the after life and save us from hellfire. Now, we need to trust Allah that whatever He will give will be best for us.
What you suffering from is waswas. We should not let shaitan deceive us. If you know these are whispers, seek refuge from it. You might be earning a whole of reward for making dua. It's gonna be helpful in your afterlife:) May Allah make it easier for you.ameen.

Eric H
08-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Greetings and peace be with you wayfarer91;

i get reminded of all the times my duas went unanswered.. How do u cope with such thoughts.
Thoughts are tricky things, but it is within your power to change your thoughts, after all you generate them yourself; they are your choice.

Suppose you had very rich parents and you kept asking them for an expensive Mercedes; but they brought you a cheap second hand Skoda instead. You have the power to think whatever you like about your parents cheap gift. Would you be thankful for the Skoda, or would you feel let down by the Skoda when you know your parents could easily afford the Mercedes.

I think the path to happiness is finding ways to be thankful for what we have, rather than be upset about the things we want but don't have.

I spent some time with a man who had been homeless for about five years, he carried all his possessions in a couple of bags. He said, every night when I find somewhere to sleep; I reflect on my day and find several things to thank God for, the food I ate, somewhere to wash and dry my clothes, the people I met. I felt truly humbled listening to this man, he had virtually nothing, but was thankful for what he had.

An attitude of gratitude helps change our thoughts.

May Allah bless you on your journey through life,
Eric

You are asking Allah for something, that in your mind he is not granting you.

wayfarer91
08-12-2020, 01:50 PM
I know iam thinking too much about it lately. I can't help myself. I am in so much pain, and I get migraines thinking about things. I feel depressed, and i read things online where people always say there duas weren't answered. etc,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hoorain
08-13-2020, 09:42 AM
As Salamu Alaykum sister it is all about your faith and true intention... If the intention is true your duas (prayers) will be answered... Faith in Allah first and you will get that thing which you want by your true intentions and prayers.... :embarrass

wayfarer91
08-13-2020, 09:49 AM
what do you mean when you say intention? I am sorry but aren't our intentions always clear?
Right now,my mind is starting to accept tht the dua is not meant to be answered. So is that faith or is that acceptance of reality?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.