/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible to watch Ertugrul

'Abdullah
08-16-2020, 05:37 AM
Quite a few people have asked this question and I thought it will be beneficial to share the view of scholars in this regard:

And Allah knows the best!
May Allah help us to utilize our time on things which can bring us closer to Allah and help us to stay away from all fitnas. Ameen!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yaran008
09-02-2020, 03:42 AM
Ertugrul ghazi has an attachment to our hearts, as this is the best series ever for our generation to awaken as leave dumb movies from bollywood and anti Muslim Hollywood propoganda

'Abdullah
09-02-2020, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yaran008
Ertugrul ghazi has an attachment to our hearts, as this is the best series ever for our generation to awaken as leave dumb movies from bollywood and anti Muslim Hollywood propoganda
Shaytan has set traps and people fail to see those.

Islami.Mu'mina
10-04-2020, 11:41 PM
Its pretty funny because I remember when I first brought up ertugrul because my mom started watching it, you sent me this video.

Its been like a month or two now. The amount that has changed her just from a show. She has become too emotionally connected to it. She has been getting angry and yelling at my siblings to start praying whenever she sees religious scenes. Which of course my siblings should pray but we are a westernized family and so is my mom. She has made no effort towards reminding them or trying to set an example, and then all of a sudden she'll flip out at them without understanding that 20 years of not praying is not something easy to change. She demands them to pray for her sake. This brings them further from religion. Then when she'll watch emotional depressing dramatic scenes, she'll take it out on us talking about how much we are torturing her. I try calming her down but nothing works! Now she got so addicted that she'll watch for hours but sometimes I would try talking to her for a minute, she'd get so annoyed at me for "wasting" a few of her minutes. She has become so addicted that it is all she does. She finished the show, but now she keeps watching other shows

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SintoDinto
10-05-2020, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
Its pretty funny because I remember when I first brought up ertugrul because my mom started watching it, you sent me this video.

Its been like a month or two now. The amount that has changed her just from a show. She has become too emotionally connected to it. She has been getting angry and yelling at my siblings to start praying whenever she sees religious scenes. Which of course my siblings should pray but we are a westernized family and so is my mom. She has made no effort towards reminding them or trying to set an example, and then all of a sudden she'll flip out at them without understanding that 20 years of not praying is not something easy to change. She demands them to pray for her sake. This brings them further from religion. Then when she'll watch emotional depressing dramatic scenes, she'll take it out on us talking about how much we are torturing her. I try calming her down but nothing works! Now she got so addicted that she'll watch for hours but sometimes I would try talking to her for a minute, she'd get so annoyed at me for "wasting" a few of her minutes. She has become so addicted that it is all she does. She finished the show, but now she keeps watching other shows
my Turkish mom would be like that with the Turkish soaps. Many of the Turkish soaps needs to be banned, they have a lot of filthy morals.

Studentofdeed
10-05-2020, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min

This is literally my family. My family dont pray yet oddly enough love to watch religious shows. Its kind of nauseating. No one is perfect i understand. But when I tell them to pray instead of watching religious shows ...they tell me its their problem and throw the blame back at me and criticizing me and saying I'm a horrible example of a muslim. Ertugrul show was meant to be a good thing I guess but I realize it has made things worse. My family are more useless than ever attached to the TV watching 10 to 12 hours straight up until 1 am. Then on top of that...many of the religious character in the show do not even match up with how the actors are in real life. Its kind of disappointing. Some of those actors have tattoos. Drink, or have girlfriends. The lifestyles of these actors can influence others into thinking its okay because they appeared on a religious show. Turkey now is a far cry and makes the show look like a joke given the state of the muslims today.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.