/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Family affecting me practicing and I result in sinning as well

Studentofdeed
08-17-2020, 05:18 AM
Hello Assalamu Alaykum,
I apologize coming here again. I need advice again. My family are alhamdulillah good people and muslims but sometimes they get involved in backbiting and gossiping. Sometimes they spread hate and it sometimes it trickles into me. I try my best to remove the hatred against others. I have been harmed by these members of these race, but I try to keep my heart clean. However when I complain, I sometimes feel like they were being racist against me. So when I complain that these people look down on me...or they are racist. However I am worried now that...if they weren't racist...and I was just paranoid...then did I slander them? If so how do I fix this situation? I do not want to lose my good deeds or go to hell.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
08-17-2020, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Hello Assalamu Alaykum,
I apologize coming here again. I need advice again. My family are alhamdulillah good people and muslims but sometimes they get involved in backbiting and gossiping. Sometimes they spread hate and it sometimes it trickles into me. I try my best to remove the hatred against others. I have been harmed by these members of these race, but I try to keep my heart clean. However when I complain, I sometimes feel like they were being racist against me. So when I complain that these people look down on me...or they are racist. However I am worried now that...if they weren't racist...and I was just paranoid...then did I slander them? If so how do I fix this situation? I do not want to lose my good deeds or go to hell.
WaAlaikum Assalam WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuhu,

Leave when your parents or siblings get invlove in backbiting and/or gossiping, no need to get involved in any arguments with them. You can advise them not to do this but based on what you have told us so far, they will not listen and may actually make fun of you which results in anxiety and depression. So, it is best to leave them when they involve in such things. This way, at least they will find out why you don't want to be part of their gossips. And hope Allah guides them and helps them to get away from these major sins.

As far as the people you think you have backbitten, talk good about them in their absence and make dua for them. There are good and bad people in every race. So we should not generalize and assume all people from a particular country or race are bad. May Allah make it easy for you to practice Islam. Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.