/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Importance of spiritual qualities - Khabib Nurmagomedov in Moscow

IslamLife00
08-27-2020, 10:45 PM

You went in from living in a village to become a world champion and one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time. Do you still believe that all your achievements are secondary to your spiritual victories?

Today I am a champion, tomorrow someone could take my place. Nothing lasts forever.
The Almighty limits everyone in a way. Our sights, hearing are limited as well. Some have it, some don't. So everything He created, He put limit on it.
I also have limits, including my championship, my time on Earth is also limited. I am very comfortable with that.
Spiritual qualities are much more important to me.
You have to look at everything as a test by The Almighty and try not to stumble, which is difficult, we all make mistakes.
If you look at my position, you and I can make the same mistake. People will not judge you but they will judge me because they perceive our status differently.
But as people we are the same, doesn't matter where you are from, what matters is you are decent human beings.
Do good if you can, if you can't, at least do no harm. That's why spiritual qualities are much more important to me than being a champion or any other life status.

He to whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and who has not taken a son and has not had a partner in dominion and has created each thing and determined it with [precise] determination. Al Furqan 2

He gives life and causes death, and to Him you will be returned. Yunus 56

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,
who when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return." Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy.
And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. Al Baqarah 155-157

And spend in the cause of Allah and do not throw yourselves into destruction, and do good. Truly, Allah loves Al-Muhsinin (those who do good). Al Baqarah 195

Who spend [in the cause of Allah ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good Ali 'Imran 134

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
08-27-2020, 10:49 PM
Khabib's father, Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov passed away last month.
Inna lillahi wa inna 'ilayhi rajiun
May Allah forgive him and grant him Jannat ul Firdaus and May Allah grant strength to the family during this difficult time

IslamLife00
08-28-2020, 03:13 PM

Alhamdulillah without God we cannot do anything. First, believe in one God.

You're not big into glitz and glamour. You shy away from the celebrity aspect of fighting.

It's not possible to stay away from everybody when you are one of the best. When you become a star, this can change you. You have to be careful of this.
I heard Mike Tyson talked about how he grew up. he had no money, life was hard. Then at 20 years old he was a world champion.
Big attention, lots of money came, he didn't know how to spend the money. This can change you, you have to stay focused. You have to stay humble.
My opinion, when a lot of money comes, you have to be careful.

You have achieved a lot through hardwork and sacrifice. Do you recognize luck that has been given to you by a higher power?

As a religious person I believe the Almighty gives and takes away everything. Everything happens by His will. We don't know what turns our lives will take. Maybe in a year, half of ewveryone here won't be with us.
I am 100% sure that I became a champion not because of my hard work or discipline but because of His will. Not a single leaf falls without His will. The loss of my father is also His will.
In that regard, religion helps me find myself and a way of life. A person needs navigator to get through life. I rely fully on Him and I know He can take away everything he has given me.
I had a father, now I don't.

And they were not commanded except to worship Allah , [being] sincere to Him in religion, inclining to truth, and to establish prayer and to give zakah. And that is the correct religion. Al Bayinah 5

O mankind, there has to come to you instruction from your Lord and healing for what is in the breasts and guidance and mercy for the believers. Yunus 57

So whatever thing you have been given - it is but [for] enjoyment of the worldly life. But what is with Allah is better and more lasting for those who have believed and upon their Lord rely. Ash Shuraa 36

And keep yourself patient [by being] with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance.
And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever [in] neglect. Al Kahf 28

IslamLife00
11-01-2020, 01:30 AM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.