/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Waswas but I think I left it too far

Muslimhuman
09-03-2020, 01:06 AM
Salaam alaykum guys
I was good muslim. I used to get waswas but I would deal with it. Now I dont know what's wrong with me. I think I let the waswas get too far, but before, i would say audobillah but it wouldn't go away. Now I'm clicking on articles like "losing my faith" and the waswas clouded up my head alot a few times and i worry I commited shirk. I told my family and friends about it, and I didnt say anything out loud but the waswas would interfere even whilst saying the shahadah and trying to do dhikr to get rid of them.
But I'm very worried because i woke up today and my heart was calm. Before, i used to take worry as a sign that i was displeased with waswas, but now i feel kinda empty. And i pray 5 times a day, so i feel like a hypocrite praying to Allah and then having these...things in my head. I know I cant leave the prayer but I feel like I was listening to the waswas and that might also be shirk.
I do feel like my eeman is almost gone and the waswas interferes even whilst I'm reading the quran. My life is at a standstill and school is starting soon. I just dont know where I stand with Allah because of it and because I feel I'm forgetting him day by day. Even things I was solid on before (like yawn al qiyamah) I know get waswas about.
My heart feels dead and I feel hypocrite also because I have made alot of dua to Allah saying "you alone I worship and you alone I ask for help" but that's what the waswas attacks me on. I even got them whilst reading quran. I was going to read Risale I nur to get rid of them, but I worry that'll open the door to even more things. The worst part is, the waswas is almost all about Allah. To be honest , at this point I'm wishing it just stayed at salah. I feel no matter what I do I cant remember Allah properly
Does anyone have a thing where they look to the sky to remember Allah, because that is how shaytan attacks me. You guys have good ideas on this forum. Does anyone know how I can get my eeman back, because I'm scared of becoming kaafir?
Also, can I speak to other people (like my parents) about this ? Can i voice the waswas out loud to dispel it, or is that haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
09-03-2020, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimhuman
Salaam alaykum guys
I was good muslim. I used to get waswas but I would deal with it. Now I dont know what's wrong with me. I think I let the waswas get too far, but before, i would say audobillah but it wouldn't go away. Now I'm clicking on articles like "losing my faith" and the waswas clouded up my head alot a few times and i worry I commited shirk. I told my family and friends about it, and I didnt say anything out loud but the waswas would interfere even whilst saying the shahadah and trying to do dhikr to get rid of them.
But I'm very worried because i woke up today and my heart was calm. Before, i used to take worry as a sign that i was displeased with waswas, but now i feel kinda empty. And i pray 5 times a day, so i feel like a hypocrite praying to Allah and then having these...things in my head. I know I cant leave the prayer but I feel like I was listening to the waswas and that might also be shirk.
I do feel like my eeman is almost gone and the waswas interferes even whilst I'm reading the quran. My life is at a standstill and school is starting soon. I just dont know where I stand with Allah because of it and because I feel I'm forgetting him day by day. Even things I was solid on before (like yawn al qiyamah) I know get waswas about.
My heart feels dead and I feel hypocrite also because I have made alot of dua to Allah saying "you alone I worship and you alone I ask for help" but that's what the waswas attacks me on. I even got them whilst reading quran. I was going to read Risale I nur to get rid of them, but I worry that'll open the door to even more things. The worst part is, the waswas is almost all about Allah. To be honest , at this point I'm wishing it just stayed at salah. I feel no matter what I do I cant remember Allah properly
Does anyone have a thing where they look to the sky to remember Allah, because that is how shaytan attacks me. You guys have good ideas on this forum. Does anyone know how I can get my eeman back, because I'm scared of becoming kaafir?
Also, can I speak to other people (like my parents) about this ? Can i voice the waswas out loud to dispel it, or is that haram?
Well, that's not kufr. Because, it is normal, everyone forgets something. Myself I forget to do certain moves in Salah like what to recite next and so on. What I just do, is just to ignore the whispers(of devil) that's what myself I do, and now I have no issues.

You can ask furthermore sheikh Assim al Haqim on www.assimalhaqim.net and islamqa.info

Alpha Dude
09-03-2020, 09:42 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Of course you can voice your waswas to your parents - there is nothing wrong in this as you are seeking help for an issue that you are dealing with. Provided that your parents are reasonable people, they will understand and try to support you in sha Allah.

As to the specifics of what you mentioned, your iman is fine but it feels like a low form of ocd that is confusing you to this extent. I would suggest to try your best to ignore it and seek therapy from a Muslim psychologist near you, if you can find one. Meanwhile, try your best to not let this eat you up. The mere fact that you are scared of becoming kaafir, shows that you do have iman. So, don't worry.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.