/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What madhab/perspective is this forum?

Muslimhuman
09-04-2020, 10:17 PM
It's in the question. Heard you guys were salaf? I dunno coz I'm noob...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
09-05-2020, 12:41 PM
This website forum has all types of Muslims probably. It has christians and other groups too. We just follow from the Quran and Sunnah, sometimes we can talk about madhhaab views but many don’t really identify it just depends as I have seen.

'Abdullah
09-06-2020, 06:42 AM
There is a Hadith in Sahih Bukhari which I was to mention here:

Narrated Ibn `Umar:
On the day of Al-Ahzab (i.e. Clans) the Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you Muslims) should offer the `Asr prayer but at Banu Quraiza's place." The `Asr prayer became due for some of them on the way. Some of those said, "We will not offer it till we reach it, the place of Banu Quraiza," while some others said, "No, we will pray at this spot, for the Prophet (ﷺ) did not mean that for us." Later on It was mentioned to the Prophet (ﷺ) and he did not berate any of the two groups.
حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ أَسْمَاءَ، حَدَّثَنَا جُوَيْرِيَةُ بْنُ أَسْمَاءَ، عَنْ نَافِعٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَوْمَ الأَحْزَابِ ‏ "‏ لاَ يُصَلِّيَنَّ أَحَدٌ الْعَصْرَ إِلاَّ فِي بَنِي قُرَيْظَةَ ‏"‏‏.‏ فَأَدْرَكَ بَعْضُهُمُ الْعَصْرَ فِي الطَّرِيقِ، فَقَالَ بَعْضُهُمْ لاَ نُصَلِّي حَتَّى نَأْتِيَهَا‏.‏ وَقَالَ بَعْضُهُمْ بَلْ نُصَلِّي، لَمْ يُرِدْ مِنَّا ذَلِكَ، فَذُكِرَ ذَلِكَ لِلنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَلَمْ يُعَنِّفْ وَاحِدًا مِنْهُمْ‏.‏
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4119
In-book reference : Book 64, Hadith 163
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 5, Book 59, Hadith 445
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/64/163

This Hadith is very important to understand the difference of opinion in different madhabs in Islam. Islam is very easy and flexible religion, unfortunately we have made it very difficult. The problem is that we have stopped to appreciate that Allah and His messenger has allowed us to have difference of opinion as long as it is based on Quran and Hadith. One group may understand a Hadith is a different way than other but as long as it does not contradict Quran and basic teachings of Islam we should not make it a bigger issue. It’s importance to respect these difference of opinions and be united as one ummah. That’s the beauty of Islam.

In another Hadith:
On the authority of Abu Najeeh al-’Irbaad ibn Saariyah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) gave us a sermon by which our hearts were filled with fear and tears came to our eyes. So we said, “O Messenger of Allah! It is as though this is a farewell sermon, so counsel us.” He (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “I counsel you to have taqwa (fear) of Allah, and to listen and obey [your leader], even if a slave were to become your ameer. Verily he among you who lives long will see great controversy, so you must keep to my Sunnah and to the Sunnah of the Khulafa ar-Rashideen (the rightly guided caliphs), those who guide to the right way. Cling to it stubbornly [literally: with your molar teeth]. Beware of newly invented matters [in the religion], for verily every bidah (innovation) is misguidance.”

[Abu Dawud]

It was related by at-Tirmidhi, who said that it was a good and sound hadeeth.
Reference : 40 Hadith Nawawi 28
English translation : Hadith 28
https://sunnah.com/nawawi40/28

Again in this Hadith we see that prophet peace be upon him did not say that follow me alone. He actually said follow me and the way of four rightly guided Caliphs. And we know that all four Caliphs were different from each other in several ways, some did the things which others did not. So our focus should be on the unity of the ummah instead of pointing fingers on each other just because of difference of opinions.
This does not mean that we should not call out people who are inventing new ways into the religion. If there is anything not found in Quran and Sunnah then we should reject it.

I hope you find this helpful and see all madhabs in islam as part of flexibility which Allah and His messenger has allowed. There are obviously some mistakes in every madhab and we should be open minded to accept those and stick to Quran and Sunnah and our means to accept or reject anything when it comes to our Deen.

And Allah knows the best!
Ma’aSalaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.