/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beard Anxiety

anonymous
09-10-2020, 09:34 PM
assalamo alaikum,

I have had a beard since highschool and I was mocked for it. I've graduated highschool but I feel like im still traumatized for the mocking. I get extremely nervous when I'm talking to people. I start mumbling and can't have a meaningful conversation. Also I feel really anxious. I keep thinking my beard makes me look ugly from all the comments I have received in highschool. Can someone please help me out here? \

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
09-11-2020, 03:47 AM
Seriously? Bro if anything, they were jealousm im astonishined because dude a beard makes a man look handsome and strong. They felt intimidated by you probably. Dont sweat it. Ignore those fools. Mashallah you had your beard in high school? I didn't get mine until 21-22. Lol I was a late bloomer

Desert
09-11-2020, 01:18 PM
If you do it for the pleasure of Allaah then you will not care what the people say...

Jannah has a price...

Islami.Mu'mina
09-13-2020, 02:52 AM
Muhammad pbuh, best of people, was mocked by the disbelievers. No matter how you look, you will never get the pleasure from some people. No matter what you do, there will always be people to push you down. Remember that even if your beard was shaved off, those same people would probably try to bother you about something else. Never try to earn the pleasure of the people, I know it is easier said than done. It is something I am failing at now unfortunately. But I will keep trying and trying. You aren't alone. Understand that you are gaining MORE pleasure of Allah when people are even MORE displeased with your beard. It'll all be worth it.

I have experienced problems like this after becoming religious. People bothered me for being religious and tried bringing me down, alhamdulilah I never had problems at highschool when I put it on except for one teacher and one boy that sometimes annoyed me lol. I live in a very secular area now, so I do get many stares for the way I dress especially when I wear my one piece puffy jilbab/curtain. My brother constantly makes fun of me for it too which lowkey gets me mad. Sometimes I do get anxiety talking when others because of this now and how people are judgemental. It is an internal battle. Learn to be proud (not too proud/arrogant lol dont take me out of context) of who you are!

For your anxiety, you just have to keep trying to open yourself up. Also realize that high schools can be filled with a bunch of immature idiots. Adults are a lot more mature.

We are only travelers on this earth, the hereafter is our destination.

“Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers." (Muslim 145)

Look at the beauty of this. Glad tidings to you, stranger.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
09-13-2020, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Desert
If you do it for the pleasure of Allaah then you will not care what the people say...

Jannah has a price...
Exactly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.