PDA

View Full Version : Essence of worship

MohammadRafique
09-25-2020, 11:51 PM
Attachment 6976

Essence of worship

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said,” when

a Muslim invokes to God or make a ‘Dua’, he should not say “My God! forgive me if you want, or Have mercy on me if you want or increase my daily bread if you want”, but he should confirm his demand as “I want so and so or it is my demand”. Because Allah can do everything and is not helpless. (Almishkat-ul-Masabeeh)
Allah is the powerful and absolute king of the universe and have authority for everything as the Holy Qur’an reveals, “In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
Blessed is He in Whose hand is the Sovereignty, and He is able to do all things----
Who hath created life and death that He may try you, which of you is best in conduct, and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving”.(The Sovereignty:2) Religious scholars say when making a’ dua’ the believer should not be hesitate at all about what he wants and makes his demand clear. But it is necessary that his demand should be according to the teachings of Islam and not out of it. Because Allah accepts every ‘Dua’ from the believer.
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said that,” Allah becomes angry over the believer that does not make ‘Dua’ and “ Dua is the essence of worship”. (Al-Mishkat)
So every faithful believer should raise his hands for dua and never be hesitate for it. Because it is Dua who will make him successful both in this world and also in the Hereafter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wayfarer91
09-27-2020, 04:55 AM
What does essence mean in this context?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.