/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shahada

lildurkotf
09-27-2020, 09:25 PM
Salaam isit possible if a Muslim can retake his shahada again ? Example, a born muslim who’s comitten sins in his life and wants to start fresh and start a new life, isit possible if he can start all his life again and become a new Muslim by taking his shahada again

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
09-27-2020, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lildurkotf
Salaam isit possible if a Muslim can retake his shahada again ? Example, a born muslim who’s comitten sins in his life and wants to start fresh and start a new life, isit possible if he can start all his life again and become a new Muslim by taking his shahada again
what you are actually asking here is:
you do not want to repent...you dont want to ask for forgiveness...but you have been sinning and want to just reset your past and magically start again with a clean slate?

İ think the answer is "NO, it does not work that way"

Allah is all forgiving and mercifull. if you want your past sins whiped away just truely repent...promise Allah you will never do that again and pray...that is all.

xboxisdead
09-28-2020, 04:58 PM
However, I advise you keep doing shahada each day for the following reasons:

A) So that when death comes to you, you have practiced your tongue to say it so often that--Insha'Allah--you will be able to say it in your deathbed. You repeat at your deathbed what you say most often, or listen too or love, etc. So if you keep the love of saying shahada in your heart, have your ears hear it and your tongue utter it all the time...that--by the will of Allah alone--you will say it in your deathbed.

B) You may have an intentional thought without knowing it or uttered something that you believe doesn't take you out of fold of Islam, but in fact it does...when you keep saying shahada you will enter Islam again and when you pray it is accepted.

C) Saying Shahada all the time will increase your reward. There is no harm in saying it a thousand times a day or even saying La-illah-ilalllah as form of thikr and obtaining reward. Make your tongue light in saying it. Remember trees, rocks, animals even virus cells says shahada everyday. Why don't you?

lildurkotf
09-28-2020, 06:37 PM
I never said anything about not repenting and wasn’t asking for myself. So before you assume things and start to say things get your facts right .

Jzk for your reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ümit
09-29-2020, 05:32 AM
I never said anything about not repenting and wasn’t asking for myself. So before you assume things and start to say things get your facts right .

Jzk for your reply
I wasn't assuming anything and I did not accuse you with anything brother...I was talking in a more general way.
Sometimes when we describe a certain problematic situation slightly different, the solution or answer we are looking for becomes more evident...and that is what I tried to do.
So there is no need to feel offended.

There are many many verses and hadeeths litterally saying that when you repent, that your sins will be forgiven....That Allah is most forgiving and mercifull...you just need to ask...
So, the remedy for sinning is just repenting, asking for forgiveness and promising not to repeat that mistake.

Of course you can retake your shahadah anytime you want...and by retaking your shahadah you indirectly repent, and promise to better your life etc...but you have to realise that the absolute number 1 way to get your sins forgiven is to repent.

lildurkotf
09-29-2020, 09:05 AM
Jzk brother

lildurkotf
09-30-2020, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead

A) So that when death comes to you, you have practiced your tongue to say it so often that--Insha'Allah--you will be able to say it in your deathbed. You repeat at your deathbed what you say most often, or listen too or love, etc. So if you keep the love of saying shahada in your heart, have your ears hear it and your tongue utter it all the time...that--by the will of Allah alone--you will say it in your deathbed.

B) You may have an intentional thought without knowing it or uttered something that you believe doesn't take you out of fold of Islam, but in fact it does...when you keep saying shahada you will enter Islam again and when you pray it is accepted.

C) Saying Shahada all the time will increase your reward. There is no harm in saying it a thousand times a day or even saying La-illah-ilalllah as form of thikr and obtaining reward. Make your tongue light in saying it. Remember trees, rocks, animals even virus cells says shahada everyday. Why don't you?
Jzk brother
May Allah reward you

Ümit
09-30-2020, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by xboxisdead

that is true of course...however...İ didn't want him to have the illusion that just retaking the shahadah everytime someone sinned makes it all OK again.

imagine that..."Oh İ have done zinah today!!...oh well just do shahadah and İ have a clean slate again"

xboxisdead
09-30-2020, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
that is true of course...however...İ didn't want him to have the illusion that just retaking the shahadah everytime someone sinned makes it all OK again.

imagine that..."Oh İ have done zinah today!!...oh well just do shahadah and İ have a clean slate again"
Of course not! That example is the way of the Christians where they can committee all the sins in the world, hurt as many people as possible (even children and animals) and then I go to this pop or whatever man or woman whom they worship and ask this man or woman to cleanse their sin and done...go at it...party and have all the sins and crimes you want. No! In fact, one of the requirements is to repent sincerely and have the intention of never doing it again and do lots of istgfar and do good deeds to cancel out the bad deeds. One of also the requirements of doing istgfar is that if you hurt someone you do whatever it takes to make who ever you hurt right again...even if it means working for five years until the person forgive you....so hurting someone or doing sin is not easy. I recall, in the time of the previous prophets before the prophet of Mohammad...in order to clean one sin you had to kill yourself. Al-hamdoillah this is not the case now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.