/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop wishing for reversal of time and how I can learnt o accept criticism?

Nitro Zeus
10-01-2020, 07:02 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I have got rid of this wish years ago with asking God for reversal of time. But my mom who's Christian thinks of me that I'm really crazy for requesting God To reverse the time continually, and I even explained her why I'm obsessed with it. But today, it has happened that my wish for reversal of time got even more difficult and most likely impossible to be cured. Because, I have in my mind that in Paradise I can ask God for whatever I want and I told this to my mom and she argued with me back: "No, God can give you whatever is possible in Paradise" and I told her: "Are you saying that God is not The Most Capable?" And she told me: "No, I'm saying that God decreed that He should not reverse the time before He created the Universe" and her argument —— me off, because it means that even if I go to Paradise, I can ask God for whatever I want but not for reversal of time. Mainly because that would mean that I'll not be able to fix my horrible history which I had in elementary school in Bucharest, Romania. Because, back then, I was strongly criticized by Christians even as Sunni Muslim for whatever mistake I do, they used to call me "stupid Arab" and I wasn't even able to respond back to those critics back in my time, and I was even strongly criticized by Christian girls in my class and I felt like I was kinda' humiliated. And because of that, I started to be extremely aggressive, selfish, abusive and extremist. Because, I was traumatized in elementary school, and I was put to kneel to a Christian boy in class and I could not have the chance of seeking revenge on him, but I didn't had the chance, because I had many strong obsticles(e.g. my parents advised my not to take revenge on him and they gave me examples from both Scriptures Gospel and Quran and explained why I should take revenge). But the problem is that what that boy did to me was indeed unforgivable act and I would be extremely happy to see him being ultimately humiliated by God Almighty on the Day of Judgment. And after I have seen countless of anti-islamic websites such as — —, I started to even want to end my life imidiately and die as Muslim so I can have the chance of asking God for reversal of time, so I can get what I want.

How should I be cured from this wish so I'll never go back to it?

How should I learn to accept criticism from non-Muslims which without getting myself effected? Because, I want to also prove that Islam is not bigoted system(deen) so non-Muslims can see within their eyes from Muslims that Islam is not bigot system but most tolerant system

May God reward you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Prince
10-01-2020, 10:02 PM
I think you need to learn to forgive for the sake of Allah.

I know its hard. I struggle so much to forgive people too but the love that you and I have for Allah and his deen has to be more than the hatred we have for the people who have hurt us.

Only then will you be able to let go of the past and not wish for time to be reversed.

Tbh just like alot of people in the world, Iv done alot of good things and alot of bad things. Iv done lots of things Im proud of and many things Im embarrassed and ashamed about. Iv angered and upset alot of people along the way but Id like to think that Iv made some people smile.
Id love a time capsule just so I could go back and not hurt the people I have and also re-live some of the nicer moments.

The point Im making is that maybe guilt and shame is something the bullies in your school are feeling now. Maybe they are sorry. Maybe Allah has seen your pain and caused them to acknowledge their mistakes. Trust Allah to do justice here and in the hereafter. Your 'revenge' will no longer be needed.

Nitro Zeus
10-01-2020, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Prince
I think you need to learn to forgive for the sake of Allah.

I know its hard. I struggle so much to forgive people too but the love that you and I have for Allah and his deen has to be more than the hatred we have for the people who have hurt us.

Only then will you be able to let go of the past and not wish for time to be reversed.

Tbh just like alot of people in the world, Iv done alot of good things and alot of bad things. Iv done lots of things Im proud of and many things Im embarrassed and ashamed about. Iv angered and upset alot of people along the way but Id like to think that Iv made some people smile.
Id love a time capsule just so I could go back and not hurt the people I have and also re-live some of the nicer moments.

The point Im making is that maybe guilt and shame is something the bullies in your school are feeling now. Maybe they are sorry. Maybe Allah has seen your pain and caused them to acknowledge their mistakes. Trust Allah to do justice here and in the hereafter. Your 'revenge' will no longer be needed.
How should I learn to forgive those Christians??

When I was at Christian pscychatrist, she reminded me of that same boy and I almost started to loose my mind and get aggressive.

Eric H
10-02-2020, 11:19 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Nitro Zeus;

I thought Prince gave a really good answer,
but the love that you and I have for Allah and his deen has to be more than the hatred we have for the people who have hurt us.

format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I would be extremely happy to see him being ultimately humiliated by God Almighty on the Day of Judgment.
You can only wish this if you are totally blameless yourself. As I understand we shall be judged in the same way we judge others. There is just the possibility that you have harmed someone in the past; and they are still angry with you.

There is so much injustice in this world, and we have the right to be angry. But have you considered that the bullies who harmed you; are the same bullies who still control you today. They make you feel things that you do not want to feel; your anger will burn away inside you for years to come and you will feel very bitter. The bullies and your anger will stop you being the kind and caring person that you want to be.

Here is the thing with forgiveness who benefits the most? If you forgive these bullies, do they benefit, or do you benefit more? I can tell you for sure, that if you forgive them; and you ask Allah to forgive them, then you will find peace. You can become the kind and caring person that you want to be.

In the spirit of praying for peace in our lives.
Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
10-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

This world is finite, whereas the hereafter is infinite. Our life here is a drop in an ocean. Our behaviour here to be used to decide our ultimate fate. Allah has given each of us a unique test to overcome in this world: we face trials and obstacles of many different kinds.

That is the context that we live in.

Once this world is finished and the day of judgement has happened and everyone's ultimate fate has been decided, those in Jannah will be enjoying their lives and all forms of sadness or bitterness about this world will be removed from them before they even gain entry. So, you wouldn't even care about this moment so much.

The point is, you need to put your experience into perspective. When you're young, these kind of things seem really important but as you mature into adulthood, you will put let emphasis on it. Just rewind and think what you are wishing: Allah to reverse time so that you don't get bullied/ or that you can stand up to them. How about all those people in the world who are going through immense difficulties, like being raped, murdered, arms and legs broken, properties stolen, etc. Should any time sometime bad happens, they wish for time to be reversed and Allah to do it? What is the point of the test then?

You need to learn to accept what happened and move on. Treat it as an experience in life that has moulded your character and use it to better yourself - i.e. use it as inspiration on how not to treat people and secondly, to stand up for someone who you might see in a similar situation in future. Those are the lessons you can take from it. Forgiveness and patience are also good to have.

Islami.Mu'mina
10-04-2020, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
How should I learn to forgive those Christians??

When I was at Christian pscychatrist, she reminded me of that same boy and I almost started to loose my mind and get aggressive.
Yeah if you are losing your mind from a christian psychiatrist for something she didn't do, you have to learn to control yourself.

Forgiveness isn't easy. I can tell you that for sure. It's not something I can do well myself..

Just think about Muhammad pbuh and his mercy for others. Strive to be the best Muslim. In order to do that, you have to be a master of your own mind.

Kill your ego and hatred.

Also remember,
If you can't forgive others, why should Allah forgive you for all the mistakes you committed?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.