/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doubts on Jannah/paradisw. Would someone like to provide input?

Islami.Mu'mina
10-14-2020, 12:46 AM
Nvm... I think Im being to complicated. I just gotta trust and there really isn't much we know about this purification thing.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
10-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Sister please share your doubts so we may clear them. Its okay to ask so you can clear and strengthen your faith

Ümit
10-15-2020, 09:53 PM
Studentofdeed is right. Please share your doubt and we will try to provide the needed information.

We are here to help each other.

Al-Ansariyah
10-16-2020, 05:58 AM
Assalamualaikum
I read your post but i thought may be i dont have the right answer. I remember few lines from it.
What if someone wants to live of life of this world in jannah? And what if someone wants to be fantasy land, or remain single or be homosexual, will they get that?
It was something like this ryt?
Actually, what i think is when a person enters the jannah, he will forget these small desires. I am not considering"remain single and homesexual" part because we weren't created this way. And homosexuality is just by thoughts, it isn't a real thing which is by birth. I don't think anyone wants to remain single except in case of any kind of trauma or unemployment or any other specific reason. And in jannah, people won't have anything which could stop them from marriage, hence in jannah no one will be single. Allah made the jannah this way. I hope i am understandable, idk how to explain these things.
The second part which is 'living the life of dunya in jannah'
You have one shining diamond, and one diamond which is covered with dust. Which one will you choose? This dunya is a mixture of pleasure and pain. So if you ask for this dunya in jannah, you will get both of it. But in jannah, there isn't any pain ryt. Well, jannah has many other pleasures but if we see it from dunya POV, it will be
Pleasure + pain - pain = Pleasure
( Of dunya) (jannah)
Idk if i was able to explain properly. Correct me if am wrong. And Allah knows best!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
10-16-2020, 01:08 PM
Well, Jannah will have wine in it right? But it isn’t the wine that we think of here as Jannah will be free of all impure things, impure things that come with alcohol being intoxicated, headaches, etc. So understanding that should help you understand everything else that may come across your mind when it comes to Jannah and the type of things we will get.

I’m no scholar of the subject, but we are given some broad examples of what we will get in Jannah. Even if we have lectures about the subject lasting hours, it is not something that we can ever imagine. Same can be said about anything regarding the afterlife really. I think one thing to take away from the matter of paradise is that everyone will be in a state of eternal bliss. It is Allah who knows what we want and what will make us truly happy, so trust in Him.

Islami.Mu'mina
10-16-2020, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE]Studentofdeed is right. Please share your doubt and we will try to provide the needed information.

We are here to help each other.[QUOTE]
Sister please share your doubts so we may clear them. Its okay to ask so you can clear and strengthen your faith
The reason why I deleted my post in the first place was because I thought it would be a confusing topic for anyone to answer. I starting bringing up a bunch of weird logic and analogies. I talked to someone personally about it and it never really helped even though they gave some good logical answers. i think its more about trust instead of logic.

I'm just trying to keep it away from my mind.

In a nutshell, I am a bit fearful of going to jannah because I believe that I'm not going to be the same person. My mindset is going to be different. It just makes me worry a lot because i have no idea what'll happen when we get purified and I feel like I'm not going to be the same person. It just makes me think that we will be similar to the angels in a way, but not completely.

Like itll be that we do have free will but our desires are programmed to wanting limited things and that we cannot think broadly like the way we do now.

On top of that, when we fufill our lustful (i dont mean sexual, I mean anything) desires on this earth, there is a different type of happiness that we feel from spiritual happiness.

Spiritual happiness is the type of permanent happiness you get and it takes one to master his mind to achieve that happiness.

The other type of happiness is the reward receiving happiness/temporary happiness (idk even know what type of name it has. Im just saying this off of experience and I think you guys know what I'm talking about). We get this temporary feeling when we fufill our lustful desires/addictions that we have been craving for. Its more of an evil feeling I guess. In reality, addictions are harmful to you and that is why we have so many restrictions placed on us by the law of Allah.

Im scared that I wont have that type of craving for those desires in jannah and jannah is all about spiritual happiness (which makes sense).. But I just want every specific thing on this dunya that I gave up. And I want it to be in jannah (if i get to jannah).. I dont want my desires to change and I dont want to forget about every pain.

Instead of getting excited, I get so much anxiety thinking about what happens if I make it into jannah. It sounds petty. I guess its something I have to accept and trust

Studentofdeed
10-16-2020, 06:48 PM
Sister you will get everything in Jannah from Dunya but enhanced. Literally it will be the place of dreams. Everything you ever hoped for! Don't be upset and look forward to the moment when you meet our beloved Rasool SAW and see Allah for the first time!

Please do not ovethink. But here in Dunya we can eat only to hoe much our bellies can handle. In jannah, you can eat literally nonstop. Where are my food people at?

Trust me...just focus on getting there and you will never ever be sad again. Even in the quran it says believers will be happy. Belive sister it will be good

Eric H
10-16-2020, 11:12 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Islami.mu'min;

Im scared that I wont have that type of craving for those desires in jannah
When I was twenty, there were things I desired, now I am 71, I have changed. In the scheme of things, I still think I am immature; I have come to understand that God's plans are what really matter.

In the spirit of praying for the wisdom and strength to do God's will,

Eric

Islami.Mu'mina
10-17-2020, 01:47 AM
When I was twenty, there were things I desired, now I am 71, I have changed
MashaAllah brother you've been blessed with a long life.

but also.. That's one of the things I kept thinking about. Changing. I don't know why but it gives me anxiety when the things I used to care for are not part of my interest now. Like when I was a child, there were many things and interests I had in mind on my own wish list for the future. But now I couldn't care less about those things.

It makes me anxious to think my desires that make me happy right now might not be important to me in the future. I guess its all part of mentally growing and changing. Something I gotta accept.

Studentofdeed
10-17-2020, 08:52 AM
Don't worry sister...you will have all that you desire and can reexperience those feelings in jannah. Just think of it as this...if I want it...I will get it. Just ask dua if you want it and Allah will give it to you. Just focus on getting g there. The devil is literally making you frustrated for no reasons making you think paradise is think boring or forced place where you are forced to be happy. Asterfollah. Don't think like that. It is the best place and you will never ever cry again. Trust Allah about his promises

Eric H
10-17-2020, 12:15 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Islami.mu'min;
It makes me anxious to think my desires that make me happy right now might not be important to me in the future.
Life is like going across monkey bars in a kids playground. You have to jump up and hold onto the bars, but in order to move forwards, you have to keep letting go of the past.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom, peace and the strength to do his will.

Eric

Islami.Mu'mina
10-17-2020, 03:56 PM
Life is like going across monkey bars in a kids playground. You have to jump up and hold onto the bars, but in order to move forwards, you have to keep letting go of the past
This is pretty much what needs to be accepted. I've noticed that you come up with very wise words sometimes brother.

I hope I keep this in mind for the future

JazakAllahu khayran everyone for the replies

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.