/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling guilty for Allah's mercy

Studentofdeed
10-17-2020, 10:06 AM
I feel very guilty of the blessing Allah has given us. I get sad and upset thinking hoe many blessings I have been given when I feel like I do not deserve them. Allah has given us the ability to be muslims and health and a roof over our heads. Yet I feel like they can be taken away from me any minute. I feel so guilty that I do not deserve them because they are people who do not have them. What can I do to remove this guilt? How can I please Allah and thank him for the blessings?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
10-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Studentofdeed;

I spent some time with a man who had been homeless for five years, he carried all his possessions in a couple of bags. He said, every night when he finds somewhere to sleep, he reflects on his day and finds several things to thank God for. It was a truly humbling experience for me.

I think like him, the most we can do is thank God in both good times and bad times. We can pray for the wisdom, strength and the peace to do the will of Allah. We can pray for justice for all people and help others who are less fortunate.

May Allah bless you with a peace that surpasses all understanding,
Eric

Al-Ansariyah
10-17-2020, 03:13 PM
Assalamualaikum
Truly, we can't thank Allah for whatever He has given. In fact this is a good feeling. This shows that we can't worship Allah swt the way He deserves to be worshipped. The test is for both poor and rich. For poor, it's about patience as well as gratefulness. As for rich, it's about how he spends his money and gratefulness again. And most of the times rich people aren't grateful, but it's the otherwise, they become arrogant,look down on their servants and poor.
If Allah has given you health and wealth and you are grateful + spending in the way of Allah, that's enough for the believer. The only way we can thank Allah in the best of our abilities is to strive HARD to worship Him and keep ourselves away from haram. If Allah has given you so much, Alhamdulillah, that means this is a decision of Almighty but it's also a test for you.And if Allah has not given to other people, that's their test and that as well is a decision of Almighty. Whatever He has decided for you is indeed the best.
Allahu 'alam

Islami.Mu'mina
10-17-2020, 04:08 PM
I'd say the same thing as the other two replies.

It's good because this humbles you as opposed to someone who never thanks Allah for the gifts they were given. Some people even forget that Allah has given them provisions.

When Allah gifts us with something, it is a blessing, but also a test. Even you yourself mentioned this on SintoDinio's post about handsome people being tested by Allah.

So whatever blessings you have is a test for you. Having guilt is good to an extent as long as it doesn't prevent you from thanking Allah for the blessings you have. If it does turn into toxic guilt, that's another situation. You need to realize that these are thoughts from the shaytan trying to get you to stop thanking Allah out of sadness because they possibly couldn't get you to be prideful instead.

It seems that you are on the right route so deal with these blessings in the appropriate manner. Make sure to never show them off or look down upon others who don't have what you have. Remember that it is Allah who allowed you to be blessed with what you have. Turn your guilt into good by constantly thanking him. And use these blessings in a way Allah would be pleased.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
10-17-2020, 07:07 PM
Jazakallah Khayran everyone. May Allah bless you all

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.