/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel reluctant to give up my love of Star Wars

SintoDinto
10-20-2020, 05:29 PM
I recently watched the 2 of the original star wars trilogy films, and the third one i haven't watched yet, and even before I considered the aspect of some saying movies are haram, i didnt want to watch it because there were some scenes involving one character that might invoke desire and i was trying to give up masturbating. namely the iconic outfit one of the female characters was in when she became a slave. i want to know if i should give up my love of star wars, because it is a common interest between me and my close friend (a muslim brother) although we have some other things in common, too, but i also really, really, like the first 6 films and its canon comic books and counterfactuals (had this not have happened, what would have happened) being discussed on youtube.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
10-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Yes! Even if you do not have desire for women, it should be given up regardless. But especially in your case, you need to give it up since you are trying to quit your habit.

Look it might be hard at first. There have been some things I have given up (i was a serious fan too. I still think about it sometimes). It wasn't easy. But I did it for the better! You will notice differences in your daily life and your faith when you stay away from this stuff. This stuff has haram content and it wastes our time when we could be doing better things.

Also, I'm pretty sure you aren't obsessed with star wars, but I wanted to mention that being in a fandom is absolutely horrible. I used to be an extreme fan of something that I gave up. Still to this day it hurts a bit.. I really hope to get it in jannah.

As for your friend. You shouldn't be concerned about that because there are many other things you can do together. I noticed that when a lot of friends hangout, they might watch a movie together most of the time or they'll always try to find something to do which they wont get bored. I get why, but tbh if a pair of friends always has to be sharing common interest in order to have fun, they gotta step up their game. I ended up giving up many of the things my friends shared an interest with. Even when they invite me over I always say I dont want to watch a movie. They get irritated sometimes lol, but we end up doing other things and I could talk to them for hours without getting bored sometimes!

SintoDinto
10-20-2020, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
Yes! Even if you do not have desire for women, it should be given up regardless. But especially in your case, you need to give it up since you are trying to quit your habit.

Look it might be hard at first. There have been something I have given up (i was a serious fan too. I still think about it sometimes). It wasn't easy. But I did it for the better! You will notice differences in your daily life and your faith when you stay away from this stuff. This stuff has haram content and it wastes our time when we could be doing better things.

Also, I'm pretty sure you aren't obsessed with star wars, but I wanted to mention that being in a fandom is absolutely horrible. I used to be an extreme fan of something that I gave up. Still to this day it hurts a bit.. I really hope to get it in jannah.

As for your friend. You shouldn't be concerned about that because there are many other things you can do together. I noticed that when a lot of friends hangout, they might watch a movie together most of the time or they'll always try to find something to do which they wont get bored. I get why, but tbh if a pair of friends always has to be sharing common interest in order to have fun, they gotta step up their game. I ended up giving up many of the things my friends shared an interest with. Even when they invite me over I always say I dont want to watch a movie. They get irritated sometimes lol, but we end up doing other things and I could talk to them for hours without getting bored sometimes!
thank you sister, your answer is much appreciated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.