/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wasting time

eesa the kiwi
10-22-2020, 07:28 AM
A reminder by sheik assim Al Hakeem

https://youtu.be/_nj3d9ooZhI

Wasting Time - Sheikh Assim Al-Hakeem - YouTube
Sheikh Assim Al-Hakeem discusses the problems of wasting time in the first part of his inspirational four day lecture series "We are the Youth" held at Fanar......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
10-22-2020, 04:02 PM
I am very failing in this part so bad and you posted this around the right time. I fear that the time I am wasting is gradually but intensely taking a hit at my faith.. Day after day.. Night after night..

eesa the kiwi
10-22-2020, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min
I am very failing in this part so bad and you posted this around the right time. I fear that the time I am wasting is gradually but intensely taking a hit at my faith.. Day after day.. Night after night..

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu sister

Panic a little bit at a time.

The fact you are concerned about your Deen is an indication of Iman. If you felt nothing in your heart I'd be more concerned but the fact you are distressed by the state you are in shows good in your heart.

Be gentle with yourself. You're not going to become Khadijah Radiallahu anha overnight so don't beat yourself up

Find something you are good at in Islam and do it consistently even if small. Everyone has deeds they find easy and deeds they find difficult
Some people can pray all night but find seeking knowledge hard. Others can seek knowledge but fasting is really difficult for them

Find something you are good at and get a daily routine. Start small you are better off doing something consistently than a lot one off and giving up 3 days later because you overburdened yourself. Consistency is key

The other thing I'd advise is to build a relationship with reading Quran. Even if it's one page a day just be consistent

May Allah have mercy on you and make things easy for you

Islami.Mu'mina
10-22-2020, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu sister

Panic a little bit at a time.

The fact you are concerned about your Deen is an indication of Iman. If you felt nothing in your heart I'd be more concerned but the fact you are distressed by the state you are in shows good in your heart.

Be gentle with yourself. You're not going to become Khadijah Radiallahu anha overnight so don't beat yourself up

Find something you are good at in Islam and do it consistently even if small. Everyone has deeds they find easy and deeds they find difficult
Some people can pray all night but find seeking knowledge hard. Others can seek knowledge but fasting is really difficult for them

Find something you are good at and get a daily routine. Start small you are better off doing something consistently than a lot one off and giving up 3 days later because you overburdened yourself. Consistency is key

The other thing I'd advise is to build a relationship with reading Quran. Even if it's one page a day just be consistent

May Allah have mercy on you and make things easy for you
Wa alaykum assalam warahmatullahi wa barakatu brother

JazakAllahu khayran for the advice

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.