/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ending the Debate on Aisha (ra)

'abd al-hakeem
10-27-2020, 11:50 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
keiv
10-28-2020, 06:45 PM
I haven’t watched the video yet but thought I’d just throw this out there.

It’s interesting that people who use this blessed marriage as a tool against Islam really can’t give an objective answer on what exactly the “age of consent” should be. It seems people will either throw out random numbers that don’t have any significance, or will make subjective statements that they feel makes a person ready.

'abd al-hakeem
10-28-2020, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
I haven’t watched the video yet but thought I’d just throw this out there.

It’s interesting that people who use this blessed marriage as a tool against Islam really can’t give an objective answer on what exactly the “age of consent” should be. It seems people will either throw out random numbers that don’t have any significance, or will make subjective statements that they feel makes a person ready.

Salaamu aleykum dear brother;

What I've across, from those who try to raise certain arguments on this topic, is often based in, conceivably, blatant ignorance and blind hatred.

I came across this lecture and found such an intelligent and well structured response that I had to share.

May Allah swt be pleased with the efforts of our brother Sheikh Omar Suleiman and May He grant us beneficial knowledge and understanding from his lecture. ameen

Kiro
11-04-2020, 01:25 AM
I didn't watch the thread. But honestly, don't people know the world a thousand years ago was a different place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
11-04-2020, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
I didn't watch the thread. But honestly, don't people know the world a thousand years ago was a different place.
While that is true, the shariah has not changed regarding when a person becomes accountable for their actions as well as when they've become "mature" (ie. "age of consent"). The issue in my humble opinion is that people have been systematically conditioned to change over the years. People today believe that a 17 year old person (specifically a 17 year old female) is considered a minor and is not mentally capable of making the right decisions, yet they're allowed to operate a motor vehicle and hold a job. There are people who even think 18 is still too young... Anyone old enough has been able to experience this shift in ideology over the years and how it's become worse and I'm talking just within the last 30 years alone. It would not surprise me if 30 years from now, they say that anyone whose attracted to an 18 year old is a pedophile.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.