/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Purpose to strive for Jannah tul Firdaus?

AliHashmi
11-13-2020, 12:31 AM
Salam alaikum everyone, hope you all are doing well. I was thinking about Jannah and wanted to ask why should I strive for a higher rank in Jannah, if I'm able to get anything I want at the lowest level? I'm sure there are extra amenities the higher up you go that lower rank members won't have access too, but I feel everyone will have that internal regret of not working harder for a higher rank. So if I'm going to be regretful either way, whether in the lowest level or mid level of Jannah either way, and I'm still able to get anything my heart desires and be content, then why strive for a higher rank?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AliHashmi
12-01-2020, 06:23 PM
Bump

المدينه
12-01-2020, 07:09 PM
اسلام عليكم
The purpose of striving for a higher rank...?

Thank you for the chance to put in my two cents on this. These are just my own personal views so please don't take any kind of offense at all. I believe it's a question a lot of people have asked themselves before. Especially when everything feels like it's at a standstill. Or when we just don't see the point of doing something. Or simply when we begin to lose patience.

Well, isn't striving for a higher rank in paradise already sort of a precondition for gaining access in the first place? I mean, the more good we do, the more we get deducted from our sins انشالله right?

Or maybe I misunderstood how entering paradise goes to begin with. I'm still stuck on being tormented in the grave. Nope, I don't want that to happen!

The way I see it, it's like saying, why work hard at school/work/etc.... we'll all graduate/get paid/etc anyways. Why bother standing in the kitchen for hours when I can just call delivery? Why actually take the time to do something good if mediocre is just as acceptable?

We work hard because graduating/the next pay check are not guaranteed. Delivery is not guaranteed to taste good. And mediocre is exactly that: mediocre

Now if I'm not mistaken, on judgement day we'll be questioned for each and every little thing. So what do we say when we're asked why we didn't strive for a higher place? Why we didnt put more effort into it?

I personally do not take for granted that I will get to paradise. I don't think there's a guarantee for getting in. I do not automatically assume that I will be even in the lowest ranks, regardless of how much I pray, learn, give charity, how many daughters i have or whatever other good deeds i may do. I do not take it for granted because i do not know in what sin i may fall into from now till the grave. I believe to take anything for granted is borderline sinning anyways.

Sure, my intentions are good but how many times have we done something and we couldn't explain at all how we could have done such a thing.

So why strive for the highest ranks? Well, if for no other reason than to do it for Allahs sake. Out of gratitude and appreciation that we're given the chance, the means and the opportunity to strive for the highest levels. Because capacity and capability are gifts, right? And we are thankful for all our gifts.

May Allah bless us all with the strength and knowledge we need to navigate this life and may we be rewarded in this world and in the next

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.