/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I have sinned too much

ReemMohamoud
11-15-2020, 08:08 PM
I know it is not good to talk about your sins but I am feeling a bit sad about this. When I was 12, I did something very bad and became very depressed. There was this online game, sort of for tweens/teenagers and young children, that I used to play and I used to use photos of other people and pretend they were me because i thought people wouldn't like me for my own looks. I got some friends and I lied about some things about myself because I didn't like myself. I did this for some time but then stopped after a while, but I reintroduced myself to this when I was around 13/14 ish. I still did this but I was ignorant about Islamic rulings on this. Obviously I should know that it is morally wrong to do this. I just tried to stop doing that afterwards when I was 14 and about to turn 15. I apologized to one of the girls I did this to and I tried to apologize to some other people who were affected by this but there is so many people. I don't know what to do. I regret it now, a lot. I was super stupid and I don't deserve anything at all. There's other people that were affected but I don't know where they are/they don't use this game anymore. I don't know the rest of the people that I stole these photos from. I know I am probably the most disgusting person to exist, but I don't know what to do know. Does Islam say anyting about people like me and how I am going to end up like in the hereafter? I sort of feel like giving up because I hurt too many people in my life. I know I deserve to be punished but is there another way for me to expiate this? Can I do good deeds on their behalfs and make dua for them? And do I need to ask every single person I affected/stole from to forgive me or was I supposed to just keep this to myself because they didn't know about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
11-16-2020, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ReemMohamoud
Does Islam say anyting about people like me and how I am going to end up like in the hereafter? I sort of feel like giving up because I hurt too many people in my life. I know I deserve to be punished but is there another way for me to expiate this? Can I do good deeds on their behalfs and make dua for them? And do I need to ask every single person I affected/stole from to forgive me or was I supposed to just keep this to myself because they didn't know about it?
Salaam Sister,

The past has already happened, it cannot be changed.

What can be changed is the current! The best thing to do is start praying for forgiveness; make dua, read Quran and pray namaaz. Ask Allah Subhanahuwatallah to forgive the past sins, and keep these sins amongst yourself. Inshallah with more time, these past sins will affect you less.

We are not perfect human beings, we all sin and make mistakes. It's about what we do about it that pleases Allah Subhanahuwatallah. Make dua after magrib and before sleeping that Allah watches over you and guides you through life. And try not to post pictures of yourself online and avoid social media/video games, it's a huge factor affecting people's mental health. It's time we pray more.

ReemMohamoud
11-16-2020, 03:25 AM
Thank you for the answers. I don't think I need any more advice because Alhamdullilah I think I found a solution. I hope Allah makes things easy for you guys and I hope we can all make it to Jannah. Thanks again.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.