/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is sixth sense haram?

Qweer
11-28-2020, 03:49 PM
Is having gut feeling haram or sixth sense if one feels that a certain thing will happen or he claims he feel like it would happen and believes thaat it would happen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
11-28-2020, 08:54 PM
My sister in law is like that.

I usually avoid her because I don't think she likes me.

...that was a joke.

...Or was it?

Tomorrow is written on good company and good conversation.

..you can always ask what came first, the chicken or the egg.

But this is a religious forum.

Are the bringer of bad news the bad guys?

Or are the bad guys getting what's coming to them?

These days many people seem less than human, although having a sixth sense, most would consider themselves special.

Peace peace, because my tongue is not use to fighting.. Even on autopilot.

Two posts today, maybe have to go open another pack of fortune cookies..

That was another joke about vague generalisations and recyclable pseudo wisdom.

I'm struggling with knowing too much and being able to do too little.

A clever man stuck in a stupid man.

All praise is due to Allah swt.

All mercy is from Allah swt.

Alpha Dude
11-30-2020, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qweer
Is having gut feeling haram or sixth sense if one feels that a certain thing will happen or he claims he feel like it would happen and believes thaat it would happen
You don't cause gut feelings out of your own ability. Instead, you should see it as a guidance from Allah that he inspires into your heart. E.g. you might wake up one day thinking to yourself, very strongly, to avoid a certain road despite walking on it every day for the past year and then later you find that an accident occurs there. In that case, you would have been guided from Allah to behave in this manner. You don't out of your own ability have a special power, it is just a guidance from Allah.

Ümit
12-01-2020, 12:24 AM
İ would say gut feeling is a mix...of what brother Alpha dude has said and the ability to predict something based on early experiences or based on something you have seen or heard about it in the past...
You may avoid some places because you have seen shady people hanging around there in the past...you decided to look for a new job because the company where you work has suffered some losses and it looks bad...and you do not want to wait...whatever it is....gut feeling is definiely NOT a claim that you can predict the future...and therefore nothing wrong with it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.