/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wishful thinking ?

wayfarer91
11-29-2020, 07:12 PM
What does Islam say about wishful thinkin...i havent found any sich material on it
.if anyone could provide answers with sources as well.would be appreciated

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
12-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Wishful thinking? You mean something like "I wish I had that"?

There isn't anything wrong with it because its a part of our nature to wish things. But you shouldn't let you become ungrateful or jealous

Always show your gratitude to Allah

wayfarer91
12-13-2020, 01:43 AM
No it means wishing or hoping for something that is beyond human imagination or rationality, but isnt haram i guess

Al-Ansariyah
12-14-2020, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wayfarer91
No it means wishing or hoping for something that is beyond human imagination or rationality, but isnt haram i guess
Well, it depends. If you pray that you get the sun in ur hands, obviously you won't get it. You can ony THINK of it but won't ever get it. However, we will be left guessing at what it is until you be exact.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wayfarer91
01-06-2021, 12:36 AM
Asking for the sun would be haram .. since rationally it isnt possible.

Alpha Dude
01-06-2021, 07:40 AM
Wishing for something that is logically unsound, like having the sun in your hands, would make no sense.

Wishing for something that isn't within the realms of impossibility, but seems 'very unlikely' - there is nothing wrong with that. I interpret 'wishing for' as making dua to Allah. With that in mind, I would even go as far as saying that making dua for something that doesn't seem likely is a good thing as it shows reliance on Allah and shows that you believe he is capable of anything.

E.g. all the doctors say someone you know is dying of a terminal illness and there is nothing that will stop it. You could make dua for that person's survival and believe Allah can grant it and it isn't implausible (because there are anecdotal cases where people have come out of such experiences alive).

wayfarer91
01-06-2021, 02:26 PM
Thats the thing..i havent any specific dua, because everytime i try to dua for anything, my heart begins to sink and these questions pop into my head. What?why?how? All these questions keep ticking in my head..
And u are right. Perhaps impossible to us, but if its logical, there is nothin wrong in asking for it from Allah.
Like if i ask Allah to bri g back my dead brother to life despite knowing he is been dead for 20 yrs is plain bizarre.bt while my sibling is sick i can pry for his recovery, and Allah might grant it and make him healtht again.but i dont know why my heart sinks when i make dua..i get an uncomfortable feeling. I am reminded of people whose dua hasnt been granted etc

Eric H
01-06-2021, 03:09 PM
Greetings and peace be with you wayfarer91;
but i dont know why my heart sinks when i make dua..i get an uncomfortable feeling. I am reminded of people whose dua hasnt been granted etc
I have very much the same kind of feelings about prayer. I limit my prayers to asking for the wisdom, strength and the peace to do God's will. And my other prayer is one of thanks.

I just trust that God knows what is good for me; and he gives me what is good, even if it might not be what I would like.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom, strength and the peace to do his will.
Eric

Alpha Dude
01-09-2021, 10:52 PM
Never lose hope in the mercy of Allah. Duas are always accepted according to hadith: either you are granted your wish, or something bad from your life is removed as a result of having made that dua or thirdly, Allah reserves the answering of it for you as a reward in Jannah - according to his wisdom.

So, don't stop and always have hope - while remaining patient.

Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “There is no Muslim who calls upon Allah, without sin or cutting family ties, but that Allah will give him one of three answers: He will quickly fulfill his supplication, He will store it for him in the Hereafter, or He will divert an evil from him similar to it.” They said, “In that case we will ask for more.” The Prophet said, “Allah has even more.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.