/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to change my statement?

Studentofdeed
12-04-2020, 11:49 AM
Assalmu Alaykum,
I have a question, I had an issue with someone and I was complaining to a friend. My friend said this person may possibly tell everyone saying your extreme or etc. I said I do not think thats possible or that may not do that or That seems messed up. Is that enough to say in their defense or do I have to go back and make the statement again?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
المدينه
12-04-2020, 08:06 PM
If I understood correctly, do please correct me if I'm wrong...

You were upset because of someone else, you complained to a friend and now wondered if you may have been too hasty/harsh/etc with your words about the other person?

Well... we all know about backbiting and gossiping and such. But we all also know how it feels to be upset with someone, especially if we've been wronged.

As for retracting/changing your statement, I guess it depends. Did you say something to your friend that you would say to the other persons face? Could the other person rightfully take offense? Is it something you'd want to apologize for if it came out?

I think it's okay to be upset about something someone said or did as long as we still remain civil enough to separate the person from the deed. I also think it's a good thing that you are wondering if you may have said something wrong. Self reflection is awesome

I'm very sorry for answering a question with more questions, but only you and Allah know what the issue was and who said what. And Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.