/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who here believe children obesity is child abuse?

xboxisdead
12-07-2020, 10:09 PM
I need the opinion of the general public. In fact, a little vote here. Who here believe that parent(s) let their children inflate like a balloon without the benefit of floating is a form of child abuse and the parent(s) need to be smacked or in some extreme cases arrested? I mean, if the child at least float in the air and you can drag the child by a string...at least I would go...sure...that is fine with me. I like balloons and I am adult male and I like balloons. But if the child will not float and simply by walking cause an Earthquake I believe with all my heart that this is form of child abuse. The parent(s) is neglectful, don't care for the child and don't care for the long term of physical and mental anguish the child will get in adulthood. What is YOUR opinion?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
12-08-2020, 02:41 AM
Yeah I would say it's a form of neglect.

If we love someone, we don't let them do whatever they want since we care for them. We show them whats right

Parents should be engaging with their children.. giving them proper education, love, care, shelter, etc.. This includes teaching the child how to take care of himself/herself. This should actually be one of the first things a child should learn. Can't do much in life without health, can we now?

I've seen some guy on dr. phil. Morridly obese. His dad could have done much to stop him from reaching that point. Was pretty sad because his dad laughed at it like it was a joke

xboxisdead
12-08-2020, 03:02 AM
By the way...whoever thinks verbally and physically boys (and girls) is fun and joke here is something for you to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ba1jcEbJ8I

Parents Will Be Punished For This! - Mufti Menk - YouTube
Abusing your own children when you're meant to protect them and provide safety for them.Subscribe to the Official Mufti Menk Channel----Official Mufti Menk C......

المدينه
12-08-2020, 10:53 AM
إسلام عليكم

Good question....also can be a pretty highly charged one. I personally still tend to give benefit of the doubt. A fat child is not always a product of negligence

I know a woman with elephantiasis. Her lymph system is basically completely out of order and she blows up like said balloon. And she is very short, which makes it worse. She's about 1.5 meters tall but she's about 2 meters wide, bless her soul.

When you look at her, you see a horribly fat woman. People are unaware that she's actually sick. Her case started with the onset of puberty and she's still trying to fight it.

She has a 12 year old daughter who is following in her footsteps. Now I know how this woman raises her child and I can say firsthand that she cares big. She definitely does not abuse or neglect her daughters' physical and mental well being. Still, her daughter keeps getting fatter and fatter.

Now to just assume fat kid is a product parental abuse is wrong. We don't always know the story behind it. And there is always a story. And yes, often the story is a tragic one.

So I believe that yes, a parent that just let's their child completely go in such a manner is not much better than the one who is starving their child. But not every fat child at McDonald's is automatically a case of abuse. Just like the skinny child is not always being starved to death. I don't see this being a clear cut yes or no question

And in the case that we become aware of abuse, any kind of abuse, with facts and proof; not simply assumptions, we should act upon that knowledge and help that child.

May Allah bless us all with good health and protect us from hunger and thirst

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
12-08-2020, 12:19 PM
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but obesity is a big issue in the US. One thing I've observed is that big parents also = big kids. I typically only go out for the sake of grocery shopping, among a few other minor things, so my views may be biased here but, when I see big people shopping with carts filled to the top, I'd say that genetics has nothing to do with their issue. I've also seen many times where the kid would have their own cart to fill up along side with the parents. People are eating until they are full rather than eating until their hunger is satisfied. That's just one of the many issues.

المدينه
12-08-2020, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but obesity is a big issue in the US. One thing I've observed is that big parents also = big kids. I typically only go out for the sake of grocery shopping, among a few other minor things, so my views may be biased here but, when I see big people shopping with carts filled to the top, I'd say that genetics has nothing to do with their issue. I've also seen many times where the kid would have their own cart to fill up along side with the parents. People are eating until they are full rather than eating until their hunger is satisfied. That's just one of the many issues.
I agree with you. Abuse is probably way more common than a genetic disorder.

There's a huge difference between indulging on junk food once in a blue moon and someone who eats garbage for ten on the regular. I'm originally from boston so yeah, I didn't forget what it was like. It's seen here in germany more than enough as well.

All I am saying is that such a topic (morbidly obese children = victim of abuse) isn't a matter of being a straight yes or no question. The gray area is just too big, imho. I don't like to be too strongly opinionated on a matter where I am not aware of the facts.

xboxisdead
12-08-2020, 06:12 PM
Please let us not side track with genetics and not all and gray area. The OP was intended FOR THE PARENTS WHO ARE not genetic or otherwise....but healthy parents who have no diseases or genetic diseases with healthy children who have self control who go ahead and let their children inflate like a balloon. The question is targeting a specific group of people here and not the general few with diseases or genetic diseases. unfortunately, the specific group of people are majority....or big enough that such topic is started.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.