/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Novice question

Learner1234
12-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Hello all,
We are sikhs. My friend got interested in islam and slowly we kept on studying about it. He is interested to convert. Before conversion does he have to shave his all head. Should he become bald. We maintain knee length hair. Is this compulsory or just a choice. I just felt like asking. I am novice don't mind, if it's too basic question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bint e aisha
12-08-2020, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Learner1234
Hello all,
We are sikhs. My friend got interested in islam and slowly we kept on studying about it. He is interested to convert. Before conversion does he have to shave his all head. Should he become bald. We maintain knee length hair. Is this compulsory or just a choice. I just felt like asking. I am novice don't mind, if it's too basic question.
Hello! Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you both are studying Islam. May Allah ta'ala guide you and your families.

There is no such requirement in Islam to shave all his head before converting. He just needs to say shahadah and learn the basics of Islam from a Muslim scholar.

As far as hair length is concerned, please refer to this link: https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/126695

bint e aisha
12-08-2020, 04:07 PM
What do I have to do to become a Muslim?

https://www.central-mosque.com/index...-a-muslim.html

What do I have to do to become a Muslim? | Islam
It is indeed the greatest blessing to be rightly guided and to turn to the Creator and to be able to build a relationship with the Creator. It is the ultimate ......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.