/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stressful Year Due to Coronavirus

FinalNyc
12-16-2020, 04:59 AM
Such a depressive time this year has been. The pandemic has caused so much confusion, chaos, mental health issues. You name it. Burial laws have been managed well in most areas I wish. Nonetheless, things are stressful. Have you struggled with depression or any mental health illness? How did you cope with the stress and anxiety?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
المدينه
12-16-2020, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FinalNyc
Such a depressive time this year has been. The pandemic has caused so much confusion, chaos, mental health issues. You name it. Burial laws have been managed well in most areas I wish. Nonetheless, things are stressful. Have you struggled with depression or any mental health illness? How did you cope with the stress and anxiety?
Hey there....

Imho, the end of the year often gets called the most depressive time. Good reasons too, the long long nights, gray days and the pressures of just life in general while being bombarded with happy, smiling faces and cries of spreading good cheer and joy? Hypocritical at best, whether you celebrate any festivities or not. With covid it gets an even more amplified outlook.

Honestly though, how many times a day have you heard covid is to blame? corona this, corona that...?

Now don't get me wrong...so many are suffering so enormously and so many have lost everything, including but not limited to their life. I pray for them and for the devastated families left behind. I do not speak of these. I simply pray for their sake.

By the grace and mercy of Allah, I have been blessed with the pandemic being little more than annoyance, though the loss of my job hit hard. Big hard.

However, I have come to see what I feel is the blessing in this pandemic....

Covid has stripped away all pretenses and ways of hiding. People show their true colors and we view them and ourselves in ways we never could see before.

Like that "good" friend you met for years with every wednesday for coffee? The one who you said was like a soulmate? A ride or die? Well, where did she go after the cafe shut down? There are countless examples but that just sprang to mind.

Covid has stripped so many masks. I hate it and love it at the same time. But it gave me the necessary incentive to really shift my focus.

How I dealt with all the setbacks and inconvenience of the pandemic, in addition to my own personal trials?

Easy actually. I dove head first into religion. I put myself on the hands of our creator and I am not leaving. I poured my heart and soul out on that rug. I cried, wiped my face, cried some more and cooked some kind of supper. I faced my demons from the past and buried the skeletons in my closet. Oh, I did dust up there for real too [emoji3]

I cleansed my life; spiritually, mentally and physically. I did massive amounts of school work with my daughters and learned a thing or two myself. I learned the value and beauty of walking around the block with an apple. I relearned to appreciate the taste of that apple. Most of all, I learned about what is really important to me: For this world and the next. Everything is fleeting. Nothing lasts forever. And nothing and no one will ever make up for a weak connection to Allah.

I tried to approach every day matters with a more humble and gratuitous stance. True story.... back in march people actually did physically fight over toilet paper!!! And they hoarded and hoarded! I still wonder what these people were thinking?? It doesn't taste good and won't actually do anything, right? But it was important enough for very many I guess. I didn't see any videos, I saw it in real time. I will laugh about that till kingdom come! I appreciated my own bathroom and common sense that much more.

So long story short... dealing with the inconvenience of the pandemic is not as hard when you have absolute faith and trust in the lord above.

May Allah bless us all with good health and with positive productivity. And may he protect those from the effects of the pandemic, who are in dire need of all the protection they can get.

Eric H
12-16-2020, 01:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you FinalNyc;

format_quote Originally Posted by FinalNyc
Such a depressive time this year has been.
Life is a constant battle facing all kinds of trials, you either learn resilience, perseverance and to put your trust in Allah, or you go under with depression, worry, fear and anxiety. Somehow you will take this in your stride. With Allah's help you can win through.

I watched my mum suffer with multiple sclerosis for about the last thirty years of her life. Both her legs and hands were paralysed for about the last twenty years, I was powerless to help her. My dad died an alcoholic, he was a harsh disciplinarian and I used to get hit with his belt. I was bullied at school, threatened by a group of lads who held a knife to my throat. I have been sacked and had cancer amongst many other problems throughout life.

Once we have done Covid we will face a whole host of new problems, guaranteed. This is just life. I am not saying this to depress you further, but rather to help you build up your strength for the challenges and battles you will face in the future.

I am only 71, somehow, you have to get from your age to my age and still be able to smile.

May you be blessed with the wisdom, kindness and strength to put your trust in Allah.
Eric

Revert alYunani
12-16-2020, 01:38 PM
Elhamdulillah that we are born in a time of big fitnah,in a time of struggles,for those who manage to hold on to the religion now are surely blessed.This is the end of times,we are approaching qiyamah faster everyday.Dont expect any day to be better than the day that passed.It will be worst,and it will continue to be worst and worst.Shaytan and Dajjal rule the world and very soon he will emerge.I am very depressed too as i expected this but not this soon,and everything is getting harder everyday,but this is another sing that Islam is true,as things are happening as they were prophetised.
Know that everything that befalls you is expiation for your sins,and if you make sabr,imagine going being before Allah after you had lived a hard life and dealt with depression but you made sabr.No sin left and huge rewards to reap.

Know you will die one day,its only temporary.No matter how hard it gets,its not forever

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
المدينه
12-16-2020, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
I am only 71, somehow, you have to get from your age to my age and still be able to smile.
Dear brother Eric
May Allah bless you with everything good in this life and grant you and your lived ones the highest ranks of paradise!

Envy is not good, we know that, but I pray sincerely I will soon attain that stage of contentment in life so I can say something like this and truly mean it!

May you be rewarded for your inspiring words, for your incredible struggles and thank you for reminding me to smile again. That's something I have really forgotten how to do.

جزاك الله خير

IslamLife00
12-16-2020, 07:04 PM
It's been confusing time for me, not stressful. But Alhamdulillah sticking with the routine helps. I exercise regularly, maintain salat, dhikr, reading Qur'an, hadiths, tafsir and get involved in activities with muslims in my area.

MazharShafiq
12-17-2020, 04:06 PM
May Allah bless you with everything good in this life and grant you and your lived ones the highest ranks of paradise!

FinalNyc
12-18-2020, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by المدينه
Hey there....

Imho, the end of the year often gets called the most depressive time. Good reasons too, the long long nights, gray days and the pressures of just life in general while being bombarded with happy, smiling faces and cries of spreading good cheer and joy? Hypocritical at best, whether you celebrate any festivities or not. With covid it gets an even more amplified outlook.

Honestly though, how many times a day have you heard covid is to blame? corona this, corona that...?

Now don't get me wrong...so many are suffering so enormously and so many have lost everything, including but not limited to their life. I pray for them and for the devastated families left behind. I do not speak of these. I simply pray for their sake.

By the grace and mercy of Allah, I have been blessed with the pandemic being little more than annoyance, though the loss of my job hit hard. Big hard.

However, I have come to see what I feel is the blessing in this pandemic....

Covid has stripped away all pretenses and ways of hiding. People show their true colors and we view them and ourselves in ways we never could see before.

Like that "good" friend you met for years with every wednesday for coffee? The one who you said was like a soulmate? A ride or die? Well, where did she go after the cafe shut down? There are countless examples but that just sprang to mind.

Covid has stripped so many masks. I hate it and love it at the same time. But it gave me the necessary incentive to really shift my focus.

How I dealt with all the setbacks and inconvenience of the pandemic, in addition to my own personal trials?

Easy actually. I dove head first into religion. I put myself on the hands of our creator and I am not leaving. I poured my heart and soul out on that rug. I cried, wiped my face, cried some more and cooked some kind of supper. I faced my demons from the past and buried the skeletons in my closet. Oh, I did dust up there for real too [emoji3]

I cleansed my life; spiritually, mentally and physically. I did massive amounts of school work with my daughters and learned a thing or two myself. I learned the value and beauty of walking around the block with an apple. I relearned to appreciate the taste of that apple. Most of all, I learned about what is really important to me: For this world and the next. Everything is fleeting. Nothing lasts forever. And nothing and no one will ever make up for a weak connection to Allah.

I tried to approach every day matters with a more humble and gratuitous stance. True story.... back in march people actually did physically fight over toilet paper!!! And they hoarded and hoarded! I still wonder what these people were thinking?? It doesn't taste good and won't actually do anything, right? But it was important enough for very many I guess. I didn't see any videos, I saw it in real time. I will laugh about that till kingdom come! I appreciated my own bathroom and common sense that much more.

So long story short... dealing with the inconvenience of the pandemic is not as hard when you have absolute faith and trust in the lord above.

May Allah bless us all with good health and with positive productivity. And may he protect those from the effects of the pandemic, who are in dire need of all the protection they can get.
Thank you. This is good. It somehow resonates what I always knew but never thought I knew, if that makes sense. Thank you.

Thank you all. Indeed this is all for a reason, and it will all make sense when the time is right. Keep safe you all!
!!~

FinalNyc
12-23-2020, 12:53 PM
Hi just dropping by to share an article I just read. It's on ADAA if you want to check it out. https://adaa.org/learn-from-us/from-...ion-strategies Keep safe!

Top Ten COVID-19 Anxiety Reduction Strategies | Anxiety and Depression Association of America, ADAA
We invite you to read Ken's latest ADAA COVID-19 blog post: Flatten the Fear with Facts: What is an Appropriate Level of COVID-19 Worry and the St...

Eric H
12-23-2020, 03:56 PM

Top Ten COVID-19 Anxiety Reduction Strategies | Anxiety and Depression Association of America, ADAA
We invite you to read Ken's latest ADAA COVID-19 blog post: Flatten the Fear with Facts: What is an Appropriate Level of COVID-19 Worry and the St...
They missed out the most powerful coping strategy, Faith and Trust in God. A story from my past.......

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

In the spirit of putting all our trust in Allah,

Eric

Islami.Mu'mina
12-24-2020, 12:54 AM
Honestly, this year has been horrible for many. I don't really go well with quarantine. Mostly because of my low faith level.. Staying inside all the time makes me feel horrible. Being at home with some extra free time led to my mind wondering and having many doubts about Islam. Whenever my faith gets low, so does my mood. I fail at my responsibilities as well. I had no motivation to do anything and I have been laying in bed feeling tired 24/7 from doing NOTHING. I haven't been eating healthy as well. I am deeply connected to my faith so really to me, its like a vital body organ. The heart that keeps my blood pumping and my body functioning. I'm scared for the future when i get more responsibilities. Am I just going to abandon my duties and sulk all the time whenever my iman decreases? I hope to be consistent in my actions.

How did I cope with it and overcome the issue? I hit an extremely low point that made me realize I have to change. Im still tired and dead to get myself busy, but that is slowly changing. And I don't ever let random doubts effect me anymore so that was a really big change.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-24-2020, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Life is a constant battle facing all kinds of trials, you either learn resilience, perseverance and to put your trust in Allah, or you go under with depression, worry, fear and anxiety. Somehow you will take this in your stride. With Allah's help you can win through.

I watched my mum suffer with multiple sclerosis for about the last thirty years of her life. Both her legs and hands were paralysed for about the last twenty years, I was powerless to help her. My dad died an alcoholic, he was a harsh disciplinarian and I used to get hit with his belt. I was bullied at school, threatened by a group of lads who held a knife to my throat. I have been sacked and had cancer amongst many other problems throughout life.

Once we have done Covid we will face a whole host of new problems, guaranteed. This is just life. I am not saying this to depress you further, but rather to help you build up your strength for the challenges and battles you will face in the future.

May you be blessed with the wisdom, kindness and strength to put your trust in Allah.
Eric
This intrigued me.

Every time I come on this forum, I never stop learning more. The wisdom that I have seen from you and others will stick with me.

Especially the older people on here, I have always been inspired by the advice given to me by those with more life experience. Even the littlest thing.

Just like the proverb, I still always remember that although today is too late to be the first best day to plant a tree, it still is the second best day. This has gotten me to change my mindset about many things I have been struggling with

May Allah bless you and your family with ease and may He guide us all into jannah

Eric H
12-24-2020, 11:17 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Islami.Mu'mina;
Just like the proverb, I still always remember that although today is too late to be the first best day to plant a tree, it still is the second best day.
The proverb says, the best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago, the next best time is today. Now if you plant your tree today, it is not the second best time; it becomes the best. Because in twenty years time you can look back and say, I planted this lovely tree twenty years ago.

You cant change what happened five minutes ago, the past is the past so no regrets. You can only change the here and now, so you don't want to wake up tomorrow regretting what you should be doing now.

The only person we can change is ourselves; and that is a lifetime struggle always one day at a time. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a great mystery, Lord help me live this day and every day knowing that you hold me in the palm of your hand.

May Allah bless you with the wisdom strength and the peace to do his will,
Eric

MazharShafiq
12-24-2020, 02:23 PM
May Allah bless us with the wisdom strength and the peace to do his will, in sha Allah

Eisenman
12-29-2020, 06:50 AM
I'm starting to understand that to live is to trust and put our faith to what is promised.

Eric H
12-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Eisenman;

I'm starting to understand that to live is to trust and put our faith to what is promised.
Amen.

We can believe that God exists, but how do you put your trust in God? I can sit here and say, I believe parachuting is safe, believing is easy. But the only way to have faith and trust in a parachute, is to put one on, go up in a plane and jump. If I jump once, then I have faith once; if I jump a hundred times; then I have found faith a hundred times.

But what happens if I have a close encounter with death or am injured, will I still have faith to jump again?

There is no final proof that God exists, we only have beliefs. It is almost like parachuting; where we have to prove to ourselves that we have faith. In order to have faith in God, we have to do something. What we are prepared to do, or the risks we take, show the strength of our faith.

In the spirit of searching for God the creator of all that is seen and unseen.
Eric

BeTheChange
12-29-2020, 06:37 PM
Asalamualykum

Alhamdulillah there has been blessings and testing times Alhamdulillah. I am very grateful for many things. Sheikh Ali Tamimi has been released due to COVID so i was happy for his release even though his appeal is under review. We are free to roam this planet earth but our blessed innocent brothers and sisters are locked up and tortured. May Allah swt help everyone who is oppressed Ameen!!

Eric H
12-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Greetings and peace be with you BeTheChange;

Thanks for sharing the video, it was short and to the point.

May Allah bless you and and those you love and care for.
Eric

FinalNyc
12-30-2020, 04:06 AM
Great video, great voice.

May this virus come to an end! May Allah heal the world.

Aaqib
12-30-2020, 04:53 AM
Alhamdullilah personally this has been a revolutionizing year, but indeed insha Allah we're able to see an end to this virus.

SoldierAmatUllah
12-30-2020, 10:13 AM
As Salaam u Alaykum

May Allah save all Muslims from covid&May He allow us all to prepare for hereafter in the free time that we have due to corona,before we are occupied with other matters leaving little space to do good deeds,Aameen

MazharShafiq
12-30-2020, 01:41 PM
May Allah bless you and and those you love and care for.

Eisenman
01-01-2021, 03:04 AM
Happy new year all! This is all for a reason. We should all be prepared and there's no need to fear.

FinalNyc
01-05-2021, 08:09 AM
Happy new year! I hope you all had a wonderful celebration with family and friends. Let's just stay positive and we will overcome whatever this year has in store for us. There's no need to worry if you know you are doing the right thing.

BeTheChange
01-08-2021, 11:58 PM
Asalamualykum

This is one thing which i absolutely hate. There is no need to get personal or belittle anyone. If we truly dig deep this is a battle of our own nafs. We clearly do not have sincere intentions to learn or debate. We just loving bashing each other. If this continues please be warned this thread will be closed.

Jazaka Allah.

BeTheChange
01-12-2021, 08:14 PM
Asalamualykum

Bottom line is do what you can and leave the rest to Allah swt. Strengthen immune system as much as possible!

Eric H
01-12-2021, 09:06 PM
Greetings and peace be with you;

format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Yes carry on. Be open to a different way of thinking insha Allah!
Eventually you will stop thinking that communication is key.
Then you will realize that comprehension is key.
You can communicate all you want with someone, but if they don’t allow different ideas into their way of thinking, its useless.
Real comprehension has to do with having an open mind.

Blessings Eric

*charisma*
01-15-2021, 09:37 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Due to the massive amounts of off topic posts and arguing:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.