/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ⭐⭐⭐

iantot0617
12-17-2020, 04:00 AM
Our Father ALLAH SWT, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. AmeEN. 67

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
12-17-2020, 06:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iantot0617
Our Father ALLAH SWT, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name
This is absolutely wrong. We believe that Allah is One and Only, Worthy of being worshipped alone. He has no partner and does not have sons, daughters, and wives.

قُلْ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ أَحَدٌ

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “He is Allah—One ˹and Indivisible˺

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ

He has never had offspring, nor was He born.

Ümit
12-17-2020, 07:01 AM
Added to that...when we talk about "Father"...we assume Allah's gender...
We do not know how Allah looks like...genders are attributes for Allahs creations...not for Allah. We are all sons and daughters of Allah...However Allah is not our parent...and definitiley not our father or mother...Allah is our creator.

unfortunately, English is actually not a suitable language to talk about Allah...because you are forced to refer to a third person with "he" or "she"...which automatically also assumes gender...and that is, again, wrong.

Allah has 99 names...you can choose either one of them when you speak about Allah...and "father" is not one of them.

eesa the kiwi
12-17-2020, 09:53 AM
What if I told you there was something you were missing....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
المدينه
12-17-2020, 12:22 PM
"...For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever..."
Matthew 6:13

إسلام عليكم

I am just curious to know why you post the Lord's Prayer but didn't include that part. And why you added in the name of Allah, when it never included any name at all, except "father".

Please do accept my apologies upfront if I come off as rude, condescending or otherwise disrespectful. I am really just asking for curiosity's sake and to learn something. Because I, as many others, was brought up on this specific prayer but without any actual explanation to it.

I thank you very kindly and may you and your family be blessed with health and goodness

Al-Ansariyah
12-17-2020, 12:45 PM
When i was in christian's school, i had this prayer. But i never understood its meaning. We students used to utter this prayer like a rhyme. But المدينة , this part wasn't in our prayer as well. If i was knowledgeable at that time, i wouldn't have ever said "Our father".

MazharShafiq
12-17-2020, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
This is absolutely wrong. We believe that Allah is One and Only, Worthy of being worshipped alone. He has no partner and does not have sons, daughters, and wives.

قُلْ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ أَحَدٌ

Say, ˹O Prophet,˺ “He is Allah—One ˹and Indivisible˺

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ

He has never had offspring, nor was He born.
Absolutely right.

المدينه
12-17-2020, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yrvhere?
When i was in christian's school, i had this prayer. But i never understood its meaning. We students used to utter this prayer like a rhyme. But المدينة , this part wasn't in our prayer as well. If i was knowledgeable at that time, i wouldn't have ever said "Our father".
You felt it was like that too? Very similar to how I experienced sunday school....but we were taught that last part to it. I thought it's how it went. I thank you for correcting me.

As for the father part.... I was about six when I asked my teacher if God was "our father m" and jesus "his son", didn't that make jesus my brother? Ergo de factum the whole lesson they were teaching was wrong? Needless to say, I was thrown out of class ALOT!

Allah guides whom he wills. Now I know the truth. الحمد لله

iantot0617
12-18-2020, 01:42 AM
I believe jesus is a prophet and the our father means it's ours not just his and you won't understand what i believed. That's why i convert because there's something wrong happened in the past that no one would understand. You'll go crazy first until you know what that prayer means. I believe Allah swt knows best and there's nothing wrong with that prayer. He is praying to Allah swt by saying father does'nt mean his real father. May our father Allah swt someday clear that to anyone who believes in Him no matter how crazy will it be. Ameen

iantot0617
12-18-2020, 01:52 AM
Soon you'll know how crazy will it be. May Allah swt strenghten our faith no matter what they or shaitan will do to us. AMEEN 667 BYE

المدينه
12-18-2020, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by iantot0617
I believe jesus is a prophet and the our father means it's ours not just his and you won't understand what i believed. That's why i convert because there's something wrong happened in the past that no one would understand. You'll go crazy first until you know what that prayer means. I believe Allah swt knows best and there's nothing wrong with that prayer. He is praying to Allah swt by saying father does'nt mean his real father. May our father Allah swt someday clear that to anyone who believes in Him no matter how crazy will it be. Ameen
Peace be with you

I am not in anyway attempting to call you out on your beliefs. There's no reason to do so. Of course I don't "understand" what you believe. I have no idea who you are and your beliefs are not for me to question. I asked only for the reason behind your wording of the lords prayer in the OP. Because I am curious and I am always willing to learn a thing or ten.

Except that Allah is no one's father. Not mine or anyone else's. Not in any way, shape or form. Creator is not creation. Ever. I do not recall him being referenced anywhere in the quran or in any hadith as such. In fact, I only heard that in sunday school. But if that is how you feel about it, I will not get on your case. I , as well as others here, have pointed it out and your conversion to islam should have made it clear to you.

As for the reason for your conversion or for anything that happened in your past, again, I made no reference to that either. It is certainly none of my business. I asked about a prayer that you posted, which was slightly different than what I had learned

About understanding or not understanding, I made it quite clear that I did not fully understand what the prayer was all about. I referenced a personal anecdote of mine. I have a bad habit of doing that, I will rectify my ways انشالله

Now "going crazy" because I don't understand something? Nope. I actually don't. I seek knowledge and I ask anyone who might know. If theres no answer, then so be it. As you stated,

Allah knows best. All we can do is learn. Sometimes that means learning to just accept

I am not the person to drive myself crazy about things. I've found it to be a very unproductive and downright destructive thing to do. Oh, this is also simply an opinion of mine. Look in other things I wrote: I have a bunch of opinions and questions.

Please forgive me if my previous posts somehow offended you or caused you to think I am questioning you or your faith. That is between you and Allah alone. No one else has any business going between.

Peace and blessings upon you and your family and may allah make your affairs easy for you

iantot0617
12-18-2020, 02:43 AM
Ok from now on i'm gonna change it. Thank you for letting me know.
Our AN-NUR, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. AmEen.
SOMEDAY I'LL PROMISE MYSELF TO USE QURAN'S PRAYER OR LEARN ARABIC and master it. but for now i'll be a good husband for my wife, a good father to my kids, a good son to my parents and a good person to everyone that's what i want to do in return of the goodness Allah swt did in my life. May you also find peace in your heart.

iantot0617
12-18-2020, 02:47 AM
I made a mistake i should'nt post that prayer forgive me. Thank you. I'll pray someday you'll have a part in His plans not just a part a big one i mean.

المدينه
12-18-2020, 02:58 AM
I am sure you are a wonderful person and your family is very lucky to have you.

Either you misunderstand my words or I am not clear. But please continue to post what you like. I certainly won't stop you. I am very interested in other views and perspectives

As for allahs plans... they are best left to him.

But indeed, I AM a part of them. We all are. We're still here, correct?

Learning Arabic is fantastic, I wish you much success on that journey. There are many wonderful threads here giving really helpful tips

taha_
12-18-2020, 03:10 AM
5 salats a day is the best way,

Memorize surah fatiha. As it is essential part of Salat.

Through Salat you are having conversations with your Creator.

May Allah guide us.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-28-2020, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
What if I told you there was something you were missing....

I've seen his videos, these are amazing

MazharShafiq
12-28-2020, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
5 salats a day is the best way,

Memorize surah fatiha. As it is essential part of Salat.

Through Salat you are having conversations with your Creator.

May Allah guide us.
Ameen and thanks.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!