/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Group Dua - Sunnah? Bidah? Etc

Simply_Logical
12-19-2020, 07:10 PM
Assalamu alaykum
Hey peeps, hope you all are well in Allah [emoji120][emoji56]

So it's a topic I'm a bit confused about tbh!

Is group Dua from the sunnah? Is it bidah?

If it's not from the sunnah is it okay to do?
But like using tasbeeh (prayer beads) instead of fingers

Please provide daleel (evidence)
Thanks JazakAllah khayran [emoji817][emoji106]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manofIslam
12-19-2020, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
Assalamu alaykum
Hey peeps, hope you all are well in Allah [emoji120][emoji56]

So it's a topic I'm a bit confused about tbh!

Is group Dua from the sunnah? Is it bidah?

If it's not from the sunnah is it okay to do?
But like using tasbeeh (prayer beads) instead of fingers

Please provide daleel (evidence)
Thanks JazakAllah khayran [emoji817][emoji106]
I don't know, but it sounds like a good idea!

Simply_Logical
12-19-2020, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
I don't know, but it sounds like a good idea!
well akhi just because something sounds good and seem right doesnt mean its islamicaly correct to do

anyways if someone can answer will be good in sha Allah

manofIslam
12-20-2020, 02:23 AM
well akhi just because something sounds good and seem right doesnt mean its islamicaly correct to do

anyways if someone can answer will be good in sha Allah
Quite right, Akhi!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simply_Logical
12-20-2020, 03:37 PM
Quite right, Akhi!
noticed you from australia bro, whats it like down there? one day i'd like to go to australia in sha Allah

manofIslam
12-20-2020, 04:37 PM
noticed you from australia bro, whats it like down there? one day i'd like to go to australia in sha Allah
It's not too bad, here in Australia, Bro.

Simply_Logical
12-20-2020, 10:47 PM
It's not too bad, here in Australia, Bro.
Is it cold down there in December?

I got no idea lol

Islami.Mu'mina
12-20-2020, 11:34 PM
This may help

"Praise be to Allah.
Offering du‘aa’ with the congregation (in the sense that one of them offers du‘aa’ and the rest say Ameen) is either proven in the Sunnah, as in the case of istisqa’ (prayer for rain) and du‘aa’ al-qunoot, which is undoubtedly prescribed,
Or it is done in situations for which there is no proof in the Sunnah, such as following the five daily prayers, immediately after burying the deceased, in ‘Arafah, and so on. In this case, there is nothing wrong with it if it is done occasionally, but if it becomes a custom that is done regularly, then it is a bid‘ah (innovation).
There follows a brief look at the comments of the scholars concerning that. "

Taken from https://islamqa.info/en/answers/93757/ruling-on-offering-duaa-in-congregation

To get more information, you can read the rest of the answer, it includes a bunch of commentaries made by scholars.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
Group dua is something that is done that has benefit, but it just shouldn't become a custom/tradition because it would become an innovation.

Just like how sometimes it is ok to make dua after prayer if you'd like. But if you make it a custom to make dua after each prayer, then it becomes an innovation

I dont know why the font is changing as I type, but after I copy and pasted, it would not let me change to the standard

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thats weird, the font was really big and bold when I typed it out. it was getting big and small, nvm lol it looks normal now after sending

manofIslam
12-21-2020, 02:39 AM
Is it cold down there in December?

I got no idea lol

No, we're in our Summer here: so it's very hot here at the moment!! What makes you want to come to Australia?!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.