/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on development of STD's.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-20-2020, 04:30 AM
Assalamu alaykum, I've had a question I've been thinking about.

There was a hadith that predicted that eventually a new disease would come (sexually transmitted) because of all the fornication. Right?

There has been one thing I've been confused about. Couldn't polygamy and concubinary eventually cause the same thing if it were so common now rather than fornication being common? Now I do understand that a man can have up to four wives and he has to be committed, but it is like multiple people having intercourse. These women could get divorced as well and go to other men who have other wives..

But more especially concubinary is a bigger concern. Especially when slaves can be sold to others (under certain conditions)

If anyone has an answer or at least some information from other sources, please send

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Studentofdeed
12-21-2020, 01:36 AM
This is from my own opinion, please take it with huge grain of salt. Four wives, shouldn't spread diseases if one has them. However diseases spread when one has zina eith one girl after another. And one can possibly catch it when he commits zina with a lewd person or promiscuous. Even if it is their first time because the person the commited zina with had thousands before them. The multiple wives things. There is baraka, and its halal. Less likely to get diseases especially when its the same partners...hope this makes sense or do you need me to clarify?
Allah knows best and may he forgive me if I said so.ething wrong

SoldierAmatUllah
12-21-2020, 03:18 AM
And Allah knows the best

Islami.Mu'mina
12-21-2020, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
This is from my own opinion, please take it with huge grain of salt. Four wives, shouldn't spread diseases if one has them. However diseases spread when one has zina eith one girl after another. And one can possibly catch it when he commits zina with a lewd person or promiscuous. Even if it is their first time because the person the commited zina with had thousands before them. The multiple wives things. There is baraka, and its halal. Less likely to get diseases especially when its the same partners...hope this makes sense or do you need me to clarify?
Allah knows best and may he forgive me if I said so.ething wrong
Yeah I see what you're saying. But I'm not necessarily talking about the spread of STD in our times now but rather the root of the problem, the development of it and how it started to increase in numbers. (basically it was a bacteria that came from an animal to a human but transmitted to more humans and then started spreading through sexual contact)..

Now the wives thing makes sense because of what you said, but I was also thinking about slavery because it was permissible to have concubines and sell them. I thought if they were being sold around, this could have had an effect in the spread.

But in the end, I guess it wouldn't be as high as the number of zina cases.

Your answer would probably be the best to go with because I don't think anyone has anything better since there isn't really information on this

And as @SoldierAmatUllah said

And Allah knows the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
12-21-2020, 09:13 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

So, here is probably the hadith that you are referring to:

It was narrated that ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar said:
“The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) turned to us and said: ‘O Muhajirun, there are five things with which you will be tested, and I seek refuge with Allah lest you live to see them: Immorality never appears among a people to such an extent that they commit it openly, but plagues and diseases that were never known among the predecessors will spread among them. They do not cheat in weights and measures but they will be stricken with famine, severe calamity and the oppression of their rulers. They do not withhold the Zakah of their wealth, but rain will be withheld from the sky, and were it not for the animals, no rain would fall on them. They do not break their covenant with Allah and His Messenger, but Allah will enable their enemies to overpower them and take some of what is in their hands. Unless their leaders rule according to the Book of Allah and seek all good from that which Allah has revealed, Allah will cause them to fight one another.’”
If you read this, you will understand the answer to your confusion - and it is a simple answer: The spread of such diseases has been made to come about as a direct result of the open fornication. Had people continued to behave themselves, Allah in his infinite ability and power would not have punished us with it.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-22-2020, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Assalamu alaykum,

So, here is probably the hadith that you are referring to:

If you read this, you will understand the answer to your confusion - and it is a simple answer: The spread of such diseases has been made to come about as a direct result of the open fornication. Had people continued to behave themselves, Allah in his infinite ability and power would not have punished us with it.
Oh JazakAllahu khayran, makes sense as a punishment for the fornication.

Thank you for the source

Studentofdeed
12-23-2020, 04:55 AM
Sister also to clarify. The slaves weren't passed around. They were treated with utmost respect. A slave or concubine is essentially a wife but in terms of state. Like a wife but a different contract. But the opinion is they are your wives in jannah also. A woman cannot be forced to zina even if they are slaves. Both have to agree. Hence there is no diseases involved in this case either

Islami.Mu'mina
12-25-2020, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Sister also to clarify. The slaves weren't passed around. They were treated with utmost respect. A slave or concubine is essentially a wife but in terms of state. Like a wife but a different contract. But the opinion is they are your wives in jannah also. A woman cannot be forced to zina even if they are slaves. Both have to agree. Hence there is no diseases involved in this case either
JazakAllahu khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.