/* */

PDA

View Full Version : deaf born scholars or those suffering from hearing problem

taha_
12-21-2020, 02:49 PM
Assalam o alaikum rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Does anybody of you know any scholars who suffer from hearing problems?

I am deaf born though..

Maybe I may learn from them,

Although there are many videos with subtitles, not every good videos have it,

JazakAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
01-11-2021, 11:44 AM
Greetings and peace be with you taha_;

format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
I am deaf born
Can I respectfully ask how you have such a good understanding of the written word please. I understand what each letter sounds like, so words make sense to me. But how did you understand how to spell without knowing sounds?

I knew a man in his seventies who was born deaf, he knew how to sign, but he was not able to write.

Blessings
Eric

taha_
01-11-2021, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you taha_;

Can I respectfully ask how you have such a good understanding of the written word please. I understand what each letter sounds like, so words make sense to me. But how did you understand how to spell without knowing sounds?

I knew a man in his seventies who was born deaf, he knew how to sign, but he was not able to write.

Blessings
Eric
Hi Eric.

It is by will of Allah, praise be to Him.

Otherwise I don't remember how I learnt the spelling without the use of the sound, but I do remember something.

When I was kid, I was given cochlear aid surgery as I am suffering from profund deafness, since that day. I was introduced to speech theraphy. Many times I used to go to the therapy, but because I was little boy, i was very stubborn and refused to practice speech.

I was fond of computers, so I have used it for long time, and I learnt English through it, like surfing through Internet, video games and movies. Still I do have weakness in my English skills.

taha_
01-11-2021, 12:10 PM
Even though I have been a cochlear user, because of being stubborn to learn the sounds, my brain still can't recognize the sound nowadays. I could go ahead learning how to understand the sounds, but I feel like it would take a lot of time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
01-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Hi taha_;
It is by will of Allah, praise be to Him.
That's the easy bit; we have to continually give thanks.

But you must have studied very hard as well, despite your so called stubbornness. I find it amazing to think how you understand the concept of capital letters and punctuations. Your words flow in a way that don't show any signs of an impairment. When you say you can't recognise the sounds, so how do you think things through in your mind? And when you read, do you have thoughts of how the words sound?

My mum spent the first twenty years of her life as a refugee wondering around the Middle East. She then spent over fifty years living in England, she always said that when she thinks, she always thinks in French. I find the process of how people think to be fascinating.

Blessings and thanks for your reply.
Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.