/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gratitude + X = Contentment

المدينه
12-25-2020, 02:09 PM
إسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Peace and blessings on all of you, your families and loved ones.

The question is in the title and it's been nagging at me for so long. I was never really good at math and I cannot seem to figure out how to find "x" for myself.

I've tried Contentment-Gratitude = nothing. But zero isn't quite the right answer either.

Yes, it's been hard for everyone in one way or another. I am not trying to gripe on about problems because everyone knows the struggle is real.

My faith is not low. I do not doubt for a second. Everything I went through made my faith stronger الحمدالله!!

I am full of gratitude and take nothing for granted. And when I catch myself doing so, I say الحديثة for all my blessings again. Which is impossible to get them all.

But what I'd like to find out is how to be grateful and content. I'm so done with being grateful and sad all the time.

I find no comfort in knowing we'll all be held accountable one day. I find no comfort in the promise of reward for good deeds. Who says my good will ever make up fully for my bad? Sounds so negative but it's a legitimate question.

I appreciate everything i have and but I am not finding actual peace. My trust lies completely with Allah but I don't feel the contentment that I think I am supposed to derive from it.

I will say الحمدالله for everything and I will give thanks and praise for the lessons I learned. I ask Allah to guide me to the right people in life and to keep my heart away from silly notions that just aren't meant for me. Still I am sad and I am not sure what to do. Am I being too impatient? Or where am I going wrong?

I am happy for others. I don't get angry at people ( just their actions). I have no envy or vindictiveness in me. I learned long ago how to forgive and not waste time on getting any kind of revenge. But somewhere I'm screwing up in finding the X in my equation.

People here are much wiser and smarter than I am. Maybe someone knows?
جزاك الله خير

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SoldierAmatUllah
12-25-2020, 11:13 PM
Walaikum as Salaam Wr Wb

In my experience I am made to feel you should be patient right now than to be grateful.

Alhamdulillah there are many reasons to be grateful but there have been severe losses & while I look at brighter side of picture,I'm let know furiously to be grateful in future hopefully but do sabr & make Tawakkul.Therrs nothing to feel good about.Because ALLAH wants to gift us real reasons for Shukr,I believe & this trial is a step to learning sabr then gain rewards in future & then be amongst righteous momineen.ALLAH wants us to see His Fadl& Rahma,ukhte.(SMILE)

Indeed it's difficult to not act grateful& we are taught to be grateful,we tend to be, in my trials,This is what's told to me & since I see good future in my dreams,I feel the necessity of being patient so I can learn both patience & gratitude for the upcoming rewards with imaan.Because in fitan times we understand true application of Islamic texts

Sister,we will surely be tested,it starts from our dunya life till the tests reaches Deen,shaking us to core & this,I believe is the big duhayma fitan that sorts out momineen & munafiqoon as under camp of imaan & camp of Hypocrisy.

It's very upsetting to some& I believe that in better days we should focus on improving imaan by reading/learning/dawah/Ibadah/good akhlaaq & regular Sadaqah.In tough times,while you go through depression & anxiety about your situation,you will find Allah's Help in the darkest hour.

It's hard times,respected sister,it's not 1 or 2 years trials-people are tested around the world from people in war zones to other Muslims affected by sihr/jinn possessions, from poverty to cancer patients in hospitals to bad marriages,people in mental hospitals,from Muslims in detention centres,concentration camps&people in multiple trials.

It's not just you&me suffering from big calamities but majority of us Muslims & I repeat: MAJORITY gets tested in deen / imaan .Many are saved by Allah's mercy&Benevolence

So,be of good cheer sister that you are not alone in this-together with the help of Allah,we will win,Allah humma Aameen

That's why despite focusing on worldly rewards our focus should be on being good momineen that are saved by Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala from Fire & entered Jannah on Yawmal qiyamah that's called success by Allah in Quran .

I'm sooooo agitated right now & suffering from last 9 hours but I know I'm under test & I can't do a thing about it.

Keep yourself up,busy yourself,Be of good opinion about Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala's Kindness & Rahma,make dua-be good to others & relax without laxing in Deen.Moderation.

It's the good deeds that comes handy on the bad times so don't cut off Sadaqah et al as it repels calamities & continue with your life waiting for relief in both the worlds.

May Allah hasten His Relief & Blessings for me,you & all those struck with extreme pain & hardship,Aameen Ya Rabb

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.