/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would anyone like to fast? (for missed fasts or even sunnah and nafl in sha Allah [em

Simply_Logical
12-27-2020, 08:58 AM
assalamu alaykum wa rah matullahi wa barakatuhi

hey peeps, hope you're all well in health and Iman in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji106][emoji817]

so I was wondering would anyone like to fast? (for missed fasts or even sunnah and nafl in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817])

​​​​​this is obviously for islamic fasting and not intermittent fasting etc

thought we could help and motivate each other and Ramadhan I s not far away so it's an opportunity to build ourselves up to make the fasting easier but also to prepare the mind, body and soul so ibadah whilst fasting also becomes easier biidnillah

p.s sorry if I posted in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to.post it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
12-27-2020, 07:12 PM
I have to finish up make up fasts but I'm planning on fasting on Mondays and Thursdays.. It's something I used to do but I quit for awhile

It's much easier to be fasting at this time especially since the days are so short

Simply_Logical
12-27-2020, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
I have to finish up make up fasts but I'm planning on fasting on Mondays and Thursdays.. It's something I used to do but I quit for awhile

It's much easier to be fasting at this time especially since the days are so short
so you going to fast tomorrow? i plan to in sha Allah

maybe we can help motivate each other and the rest of the brothers and sisters on the forum too

Islami.Mu'mina
12-27-2020, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
so you going to fast tomorrow? i plan to in sha Allah

maybe we can help motivate each other and the rest of the brothers and sisters on the forum too
Yeah I plan to fast tomorrow as well inshaAllah

It would be pretty cool if some others did it together with us as well, we could share what we ate haha

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simply_Logical
12-27-2020, 11:42 PM
Yeah I plan to fast tomorrow as well inshaAllah

It would be pretty cool if some others did it together with us as well, we could share what we ate haha
Yea not like the fasts are hard, it's just getting out of bed in the cold weather sis that is difficult but keep praying to Allah SWT to make it easy in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56]

Simply_Logical
12-27-2020, 11:44 PM
@Islami .mu'miba and all brothers and sisters let's invest in out akhirah and gain ajr by fasting the next three days fisbilillah in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]

Attachment 7048

BeTheChange
12-28-2020, 12:00 AM
Walaikumasalaam

Insha Allah yes I'll fast. Need to control my nafs as i have constantly been grazing during lockdown!!

Many health & spiritual benefits of fasting Alhamdulillah so even if you don't have to keep your missed fasts i would definitely recommend to all fit and healthy individuals insha Allah.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-28-2020, 01:50 AM
it's just getting out of bed in the cold weather sis
One of the most intense challenges this quarantine, lol

- - - Updated - - -

@Islami.mu'miba and all brothers and sisters let's invest in out akhirah and gain ajr by fasting the next three days fisbilillah in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]

Attachment 7048
I hadn't even realized tomorrow was the first white day of the month

we'll do this as well inshaAllah then, at least I feel more motivated now

Simply_Logical
12-28-2020, 07:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam

Insha Allah yes I'll fast. Need to control my nafs as i have constantly been grazing during lockdown!!

Many health & spiritual benefits of fasting Alhamdulillah so even if you don't have to keep your missed fasts i would definitely recommend to all fit and healthy individuals insha Allah.
Alhamdulillah sister, may Allah swt accept from you and make it easy for you

yea we all have our flaws like nafs etc, i pray Allah swt makes us more steadfast on his deen and guides us to the straight path Ameen

Imraan
12-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Assalam walaikim

Can I join the exclusive IB fasting crew too? :shade:

I am fasting today, had porridge+oats+cheerios with honey, a slice of toast, cup o tea with biscuits and a portion of almonds. You know what they say, breakfast should be big.

Sehri in the short daylight wintery days is like a very early breakfast with ifthar as a very late lunch... Why not reap some rewards... In shA Allah, may Allah swt reward all.

What did you have...?

Islami.Mu'mina
12-28-2020, 11:55 AM
We got another member!

What did you have...?
Water...

taha_
12-28-2020, 11:57 AM
Assalam o Alaikum Rahmatullah wa barkuthu,

isn't this riyaa? we are supposed to keep our good deeds to be known by Allah only.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-28-2020, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_

isn't this riyaa? we are supposed to keep our good deeds to be known by Allah only.
It depends on your intentions,

challenging and motivating each other to fast or do good deeds is okay as long as the main intention is for the sake of Allah and not showing off..

enjoining good

MazharShafiq
12-28-2020, 02:03 PM

Yes absolutely right .it is sunah to do fasting on Monday and Thursday .may Allah give all of us to obey the sunah .ameen

Simply_Logical
12-28-2020, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Assalam walaikim

I am fasting today, had porridge+oats+cheerios with honey, a slice of toast, cup o tea with biscuits and a portion of almonds. You know what they say, breakfast should be big.

Sehri in the short daylight wintery days is like a very early breakfast with ifthar as a very late lunch... Why not reap some rewards... In shA Allah, may Allah swt reward all.

What did you have...?
Ameen

every believer is more then happy to be apart of it in sha Allah

i had ready brek and a cuppa tea this morning Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek
if you havent tried it, its a bit like porridge but more runny,
just seen you from the UK too so im sure you know what it is Alhamdulillah

- - - Updated - - -

We got another member!

Water...
i know the fasts are small and easy but dont you get hungry with just water?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by taha_

of course like anything your intention is key, my intention with this thread is just to encourage others and motivate myself too, its only done for the sake of Allah swt fisabilillah

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Yes absolutely right .it is sunah to do fasting on Monday and Thursday .may Allah give all of us to obey the sunah .ameen
Ameen

may we live by the sunnah and die by the sunnah Ameen

Imraan
12-28-2020, 06:20 PM
Yep I know what ready brek is... Nothing like a bowl of oat, wheat or porridge cooked in hot milk on a cold wintery morning.

;)

Islami.Mu'mina
12-28-2020, 10:12 PM
i know the fasts are small and easy but dont you get hungry with just water?
I usually get too spooked to go downstairs by myself and grab some food in the early morning when its dark and quiet. So I just drank water from my bottle I had in my room

Sometimes I'll remember to bring some fruit/snacks upstairs the night before so I can simply eat in my room

I should probably do that this time..

- - - Updated - - -

bowl of oat, wheat or porridge cooked in hot milk
This does sound perfect for the cold season though

BeTheChange
12-28-2020, 11:03 PM
Asalamualykum

How was everyone's fast? 2 more left insha Allah well 3 more if you want to include sunnah Thursday too insha Allah.

During Ramadaan i always have Sehri Alhamdulillah only to reap the rewards but when i fast outside of ramadhaan i don't wake up to eat. Your body gets used to what you give it tbh. Alhamdulilah.

May Allah swt accept from us Ameen.

Simply_Logical
12-28-2020, 11:11 PM
I usually get too spooked to go downstairs by myself and grab some food in the early morning when its dark and quiet. So I just drank water from my bottle I had in my room

Sometimes I'll remember to bring some fruit/snacks upstairs the night before so I can simply eat in my room

I should probably do that this time..

- - - Updated - - -

This does sound perfect for the cold season though
why you scared for? just switch on the light and keep reciting ayatul kursi, the Qur'an is sooo powerful nothing can harm you trust Allah swt Almighty in sha Allah sis

tbh last year i set myself a challenge that i would onlyhave black coffee for suhoor and only have one big meal for iftar,
i actually did it for the whole of ramadhan, did ti for weight lose and it really helped subhanAllah

- - - Updated - - -

Asalamualykum

How was everyone's fast? 2 more left insha Allah well 3 more if you want to include sunnah Thursday too insha Allah.

During Ramadaan i always have Sehri Alhamdulillah only to reap the rewards but when i fast outside of ramadhaan i don't wake up to eat. Your body gets used to what you give it tbh. Alhamdulilah.

to be honest sister, since i can remember ive always got up for suhoor,
it doesnt feel like a fast if i dont wake up for suhoor,
like even in my last post i said i had just black coffee all for suhoor all ramadhan last year but i would still get up and sit in the lounge to have it etc

i dont know but it defo feels like more barakah when you wake up for suhoor

Imraan
12-29-2020, 12:30 AM
Asalamualykum

Walaikum Salaam

Fast was good Alhamdulillah, my next one will be thursday In Sha Allah.

year has gone by quick hasnt it ith everything that is happening, only 4 or so months left for Ramadhan.

May Allah swt protect us all

Please remember me and my family in your prayers. Jazak Allah Khair.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-29-2020, 12:39 AM
why you scared for? just switch on the light and keep reciting ayatul kursi, the Qur'an is sooo powerful nothing can harm you trust Allah swt Almighty in sha Allah sis
I've always been used to being a scaredy cat.. Cannot handle the dark or being alone during night time/early morning even with the lights on. Slowly conditioning myself to step outside my comfort zone before it hinders my daily life in the future

tbh last year i set myself a challenge that i would onlyhave black coffee for suhoor and only have one big meal for iftar,
i actually did it for the whole of ramadhan, did ti for weight lose and it really helped subhanAllah
Yeah fasting does help with the weight loss.. But my brother actually ended up gaining ten pounds during ramadan which was interesting.

I don't like black coffee.. I like cream and sugar added, otherwise it doesn't taste good. But if I were to go to sleep after suhur I'd have to make sure to drink decaf or else I would get sleep paralysis :/

Simply_Logical
12-30-2020, 08:45 PM
Sunnah fast tomorrow as its Thursday in sha Allah

Imraan
12-30-2020, 11:09 PM
I'm keeping tomorrow's fast in Sha Allah

Studentofdeed
12-30-2020, 11:25 PM
Ameen and of course imraan. Also do you guys lose weight when fasting? I keep gaining every time I fast. Do you guys skip suhoor? I skip it because i do not want to gain w8. Any advice would be appreciated

Islami.Mu'mina
12-31-2020, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Ameen and of course imraan. Also do you guys lose weight when fasting? I keep gaining every time I fast. Do you guys skip suhoor? I skip it because i do not want to gain w8. Any advice would be appreciated
I think what happens is that everyone gets out of control when they break fast so they eat a lot

You shouldn't skip breakfast because I heard that your body enters a mode when you don't eat for a certain amount of time. Basically it burns less energy (more of a survival thing for those who don't have much food). I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I remember my anatomy teacher telling me this

Since you want to lose weight easier, you should have a small snack for suhur like an apple to prevent this from happening but you shouldn't eat more than that incase you end up having too many calories for suhur and iftar that day

And for iftar, you already know, just try to control yourself and eat slower because when you're hungry you don't end up realizing how much you ate.

The best way to stay at a healthy weight is to follow the Islamic guidelines. Losing weight when fasting is actually a good sign not just for your physical weight goals, but spiritually as well.

After those long hours of fasting, you should try and meditate and be grateful for sufficient food enough to fill your belly (1/3 food, 1/3 liquid, 1/3 air is the sunnah). Why need to eat more when you can be satisfied with much less? Gluttony is a sin that we all forget about. Eating a lot after fasting feels good, but only a temporary good. Bringing yourself control in even after you break fast feels powerful. It is a long lasting happiness, you don't need much to satisfy yourself like you usually would when you eat a lot

I have stopped thinking that fasting is just a period of time where you restrict food and water and be more religious..

Now I take it as a spiritual journey to learn how to be grateful with less. You need to deeply ponder and become aware. It's a lot easier said than done

Many of us as Muslims can be grateful, but we forget to show it in the way we eat! The amount of self discipline I am learning from fasting & eating modestly has taught me so much! If you learn to control the way you eat for the sake of Allah, you will notice that you will have so much more control in other things in your life..

I used to restrict what I eat to an extent. Just to stay at a healthy weight and not be overweight

Now I do it to challenge myself as a Muslim and increase my willingness to resist my own temptation. I want to be in control of my mind. I don't want my mind to control me!

I also noticed I have much more power to not give into my laziness and sloth or procrastination

Now uhh, if you're someone who naturally doesn't eat much... I guess this doesn't apply to you.. But I'm assuming you love food since you mentioned it once

Of course there are times where I'd like to eat ice cream straight from the tub as a treat. As long as you are able to stop yourself, treats are ok haha

Studentofdeed
12-31-2020, 01:28 PM
I tried fasting with suhoor and it still hasn't helped. I even ate half and controlled alot of what I ate yet somehow im stilling gaining w8. Its as if when I fast automatically all the food becomes fat. This whole fasting has taken a severe toll on my body. Im really frustrated as im not able to fast as often. I don't know what to do...my health has deteriorated. I know I was supposed to fast today but I don't think I can. I feel so sick. Im trying really hard to fix the damage done to my body

Islami.Mu'mina
12-31-2020, 02:11 PM
I tried fasting with suhoor and it still hasn't helped. I even ate half and controlled alot of what I ate yet somehow im stilling gaining w8. Its as if when I fast automatically all the food becomes fat. This whole fasting has taken a severe toll on my body. Im really frustrated as im not able to fast as often. I don't know what to do...my health has deteriorated. I know I was supposed to fast today but I don't think I can. I feel so sick. Im trying really hard to fix the damage done to my body
Oh that's really strange. Do you gain a lot of weight during ramadan? You should try maybe counting calories for one day so you can see how much you really eat and then look at how much you're can have daily. Are you sure you just aren't bloated? Otherwise, maybe you have some internal health issues

Studentofdeed
12-31-2020, 06:36 PM
Yea I have heart issues...normally I'm skinny but I swear when I fast i swell up like a balloon

Islami.Mu'mina
12-31-2020, 09:59 PM
Yea I have heart issues...normally I'm skinny but I swear when I fast i swell up like a balloon
Oh yeah that explains it. InshaAllah hopefully it'll be easier for you to deal with. May Allah help the symptoms and cure you

My mother as well has heart issues.. I know she has an enlarged heart but there may be more. But she cannot lose weight at all and she is over weight.. She eats so little though, she used to count calories and eat around 1000 a day which is very low for someone who is obese... In one day she will randomly just gain 10+ pounds even though she didn't binge eat or anything.. Shes been trying hard for years and she used to exercise more than 7 hours a week yet she wouldn't lose anything. The doctors have no idea what to tell her

Studentofdeed
12-31-2020, 10:54 PM
Insha'Allah it gets easier for her. May Allah make it easier for her and gove her shifa

Simply_Logical
01-03-2021, 07:46 PM
humble reminder monday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]

Islami.Mu'mina
01-03-2021, 09:51 PM
humble reminder monday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]
JazakAllahu khayran, almost forgot

Revert alYunani
01-04-2021, 06:06 AM
Well now in winter i fast everyday so yeah id like to lol.... I know its a bit extreme but days here are so short in winter so why not

MazharShafiq
01-04-2021, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
Well now in winter i fast everyday so yeah id like to lol.... I know its a bit extreme but days here are so short in winter so why not
Remember All Muslims in your prayers in aftar.

Revert alYunani
01-04-2021, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Remember All Muslims in your prayers in aftar.
i do but not all,not everybody deserves my prayers.....those who are in need and ask Allah for help and those who love Allah,and those who ask for forgiveness

Islami.Mu'mina
01-04-2021, 05:55 PM
That would be too hard for me, I'm not even getting enough water in now

Revert alYunani
01-04-2021, 06:13 PM
That would be too hard for me, I'm not even getting enough water in now
lol,well it depends on the person....im a person who doesnt drink much,one time i stayed 3 days without drinking water and i only drank the 4th day because i was scared id damage my body,but not that i wanted to drink...and i also work night shift so i sleep after fajr,so fasting is fairly easy for me....get some saudi dates if you can,they do wonders trust me,full of nutrients and great for hydration

i eat a lot of dates elhamdulillah maybe this is the reason i dont drink

Simply_Logical
01-05-2021, 08:15 PM
anyone have information about the fast of dawud alayhis salaam?

Simply_Logical
01-10-2021, 07:27 PM
humble reminder monday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah

Imraan
01-10-2021, 10:29 PM
Fasting tomorrow in sha Allah...

Please remember everyone in your prayers..

Lot of families in trouble.. Or facing dilemma or discomfort..

Islami.Mu'mina
01-11-2021, 09:21 PM
anyone have information about the fast of dawud alayhis salaam?
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to me, "The most beloved fasting to Allah was the fasting of (the Prophet) David who used to fast on alternate days. And the most beloved prayer to Allah was the prayer of David who used to sleep for (the first) half of the night and pray for 1/3 of it and (again) sleep for a sixth of it."

Sahih al-Bukhari 3420

Its the most beloved and we do it alternating days according to this hadith ^

BeTheChange
01-11-2021, 09:33 PM
Ramadaan is not too far away. This will be excellent prep Alhamdulillah but don't exhaust yourself too much!! Give your body a rest too insha Allah.

MazharShafiq
01-12-2021, 02:27 PM
Ramadaan is not too far away. This will be excellent prep Alhamdulillah but don't exhaust yourself too much!! Give your body a rest too insha Allah.
In sha Allah

Imraan
01-12-2021, 03:07 PM
https://yourcountdown.to/ramadan

Countdown To Ramadan | The muslim month of fasting
Counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds until Ramadan...

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 06:21 PM
humble reminder monday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah

Flos
01-17-2021, 06:37 PM
Nice thread!

I've tried Dawud's fast recently and would love to try it again. Great, let's support each others :)

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Nice thread!

I've tried Dawud's fast recently and would love to try it again. Great, let's support each others :)
how long did you do it for sis?

Flos
01-17-2021, 06:59 PM
how long did you do it for sis?
A month only, and would love to do it again

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 07:03 PM
A month only, and would love to do it again
yea lets do it fisabillah in sha Allah, you up for a challenge?

Flos
01-17-2021, 07:50 PM
yea lets do it fisabillah in sha Allah, you up for a challenge?
Great! Let's start with next Monday Insha Allah and prepare for it until then

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 07:54 PM
Great! Let's start with next Monday Insha Allah and prepare for it until then
yea kewl, how long you want to do it for? any ideas sister?

Flos
01-17-2021, 07:55 PM
InshaAllah till Ramadan. If that's possible :)

Islami.Mu'mina
01-18-2021, 02:59 AM
I think I want to join you two as well, I noticed fasting more often increases faith and i need that right now. I'm going to try doing it until Feb 25 inshaAllah

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 06:00 AM
Lets start today, make it four

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 07:51 AM
InshaAllah till Ramadan. If that's possible :)
yes fisabilillah bi'idnillah

- - - Updated - - -

I think I want to join you two as well, I noticed fasting more often increases faith and i need that right now. I'm going to try doing it until Feb 25 inshaAllah
yea it helps with being more Allah swt concious and also helps to refrain from sins too

- - - Updated - - -

Lets start today, make it four
in sha Allah

Imraan
01-18-2021, 09:55 AM
I am fasting today too, we have maghrib at around 1630hrs today... not long to go now.

Flos
01-18-2021, 01:31 PM
yes fisabilillah bi'idnillah

- - - Updated - - -

yea it helps with being more Allah swt concious and also helps to refrain from sins too

- - - Updated - - -

in sha Allah

I can't fast this week, you know, technical problems. So, let's start together next Monday inshaAllah

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 08:06 PM
How did it go?

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 08:06 PM
I can't fast this week, you know, technical problems. So, let's start together next Monday inshaAllah
Yea kewl sis in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]

Imraan
01-18-2021, 08:26 PM
How did it go?
Was OK alhamdulillah , felt a bit tired afterwards...

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Was OK alhamdulillah , felt a bit tired afterwards...
Yea think it's the cold weather that does that,
No sunshine so no vitamin D

Islami.Mu'mina
01-22-2021, 02:32 AM
Yea think it's the cold weather that does that,
Yeah I always get tired and dead during the winter. I feel lifeless sometimes. But at the same time, I don't really like the summer either. Its extremely hot and I generally like feeling cold as long as it does hinder me from doing my tasks

Revert alYunani
01-22-2021, 06:10 AM
what is a sunshine? :scratch: - said me who works in night shift

Simply_Logical
01-24-2021, 09:02 PM

Abu Dharr narrated that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahou ‘alayhi wa sallam) said : “O Abu Dharr! When you fast three days out of a month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth, and fifteenth.”
Narrated by At-Tirmidhî (n°761) and An-Nasâi (n°2424) in a similar hadith.

The Messenger of Allah (sallallahou ‘alayhi wa sallam) said, “Observing Saum (fasting) on three days of every month is equivalent to a full month’s fasting.”
Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim.
The dates of the next probable white days are January 26th, January 27th and January 28th 2021 (dependant upon moon sighting)​

Simply_Logical
01-25-2021, 07:21 PM

The dates of the next probable white days are January 26th, January 27th and January 28th 2021 (dependant upon moon sighting)​
reminder fast tomorrow in sha Allah

Simply_Logical
01-26-2021, 07:30 PM
reminder about the sunnah fast tomorrow in sha Allah :)

Simply_Logical
01-27-2021, 06:13 PM

Simply_Logical
01-31-2021, 07:30 PM
Humble reminder monday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]

Simply_Logical
01-31-2021, 09:11 PM
Scientifically Proven Benefits of Fasting Monday and Thursday | Mufti Menk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkHh...nel=MuslimAkhi

Simply_Logical
02-03-2021, 10:25 PM
Humble reminder thursday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56][emoji817]

Simply_Logical
02-24-2021, 05:17 PM
Three white day starts tomorrow & also sunnahs day (thursday) to fast in sha AllahAttachment 7105Attachment 7106

Simply_Logical
02-28-2021, 08:01 PM
Fasting reminder in sha AllahAttachment 7116

Simply_Logical
03-10-2021, 11:48 PM

MazharShafiq
03-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Allah bless you and give you best ajar

Simply_Logical
03-21-2021, 09:09 PM
Humble reminder monday tomorrow so sunnah fast in sha Allah

Simply_Logical
03-26-2021, 11:21 PM
Three white daysAttachment 7131

Simply_Logical
07-17-2021, 11:42 AM

Simply_Logical
07-18-2021, 08:22 PM
Day of arafah fast reminder in sha Allah [emoji2969][emoji817][emoji91]Attachment 7224Attachment 7225

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.