/* */

PDA

View Full Version : smoking

zaza
12-27-2020, 10:34 AM
Salam Ailkum I just wanted to know how the brothers and sisters would feel if they're significant other smokes weed. I'm more curious to know how the brothers feel cause I get anxiety thinking of marriage and what my partner would say/do when I tell them I smoke weed. I obviously don't mean all day everyday maybe half a joint or a joint every other day. this is assuming they aren't like useless and lazy.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Walaikum assalaam

why do you smoke though? And do you believe smoking weed is haram?

Eric H
12-27-2020, 05:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you zaza; and welcome to the forum;

Some non smokers can find the smell of smoke offensive; and it lingers in your clothes and hair.

Dealers don't have to be truthful about what they sell. Often there can be substances like dried up dog poo to make up the weight.

Do you control the weed, or does it control you. In other words, can you give it up, or do you feel addicted to it?

And like charisma said; do you think it is haram?

If you have to try and justify something, then it is probably wrong. You are the only one who can change yourself, you have to face your own struggles truthfully.

In the spirit of praying for the wisdom, strength and the peace to do the will of Allah.
Eric

Ümit
12-28-2020, 01:11 AM
Some clarifications which needs to be made here:
Everything that intoxicates your mind is haraam;
Everything that is addictive is haraam;
Everything that is harmfull in any way is haraam.

So having said that...cannabis intoxicates your mind...you cannot think straight after smoking cannabis and therefore haraam.

Cannabis is not physically addictive...you cannot get sick if you quit cold turkey...however it IS psychologically addictive...and therefore haraam.

Smoking is bad for your health...bad for the people around you...it is bad for you financially haraam.

Besides, nicotine is a hard drug which is both physically and psychologically addictive...

So you do the math...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.