/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is western life so depressing and unsatisfying.

anonymous
12-29-2020, 02:01 PM
I don’t know if it’s just me thinking this way but I’ve been feeling really depressed and unsatisfied with life. I don’t if this is due to my underlying depression or what. Whatever I do, I just do not feel satisfied or motivated towards completing it. I don’t like my job because it is so stressful. I’ve been on sick leave for almost three weeks now from work because I’ve been stressed. I just feel that my life lacks such structure and purpose. We’re just working everyday for the sake of working with no satisfaction. I blame western society because they work you like animals and you have no time for nothing else. You’re just a one trick pony stuck in one bland unfair world because you’re in a system that exploits you so much.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-29-2020, 02:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Do something you're passionate about, or find passion in what you do.

Islami.Mu'mina
12-29-2020, 04:36 PM
Have you ever thought about moving to a rural area and settling there?

MazharShafiq
12-29-2020, 04:44 PM
Assalamu Alaikum
It's common problem got very serious.
Do something you're passionate about, or find passion in what you do and read Quran with translation.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
12-29-2020, 06:18 PM
Asalamualykum

The system is designed this way. Everyone is replaceable and your just a number to them. Don't let it beat you though. Take this time to heal and rest and try and stay positive. Have a positive mind because it will get you through your bad times insha Allah. Unfortunately not all of us are lucky to stay at home. Some of us have to work to pay bills etc. If we change our intention and think we are working so we can safeguard ourselves, earn a halaal income, stay away from crime, sin, fitna etc. insha Allah we will get rewarded for even being at work. So many have walked this path and so many more will come so it's important to leave your legacy behind insha Allah. What can you do to change this world for the better & to make something for your akhira?

& in response to your question i would say because Western life is Me, Me & Me. So many people get themselves involved in charity work for this reason because it is so rewarding helping others. We need to feed our mind, soul and body in the remembrance of Allah swt. If we focus on dunya alone this world can feel like hell!!

I am assuming you are Muslim insha Allah

keiv
12-29-2020, 07:05 PM
There are a lot of things to take into consideration when it comes to figuring out how to approach these types of situations. Things like what your finances look like (house, car, renting, paid off, etc), do you live pay check to pay check, do you have money in the bank, are you in debt, do you have investments, a retirement plan, what kind of life do you live, are you married, do you have kids, etc. etc.

Regarding your passion, It was probably the most common thing people told me to get into. It’s hard to do something your passionate about if you have no passions or it cannot sustain you financially (see above). If there are certain fields you are interested in, then at least you can build upon that, otherwise, you can keep going from job to job until you find something you may enjoy doing long term, or at least be able to put up with it.

Without knowing more details, it’s hard to say what may or may not work for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.