/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mithai (Indian Sweets) [emoji510][emoji511][emoji504]

Simply_Logical
12-30-2020, 01:50 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhi

hey peeps, so who else lurved mithai (Indian Sweets)?

I know it's full of sugar and unhealthy so the no sugar lot are going to hate me for this thread lool [emoji23]

anyways I lurve mithai, I like the taste of the Indian ones best and I think they have more variety but I like the size and portions of the Pakistani mithai.

p.s sorry if it's in the wrong section [emoji817]Attachment 7053Attachment 7054Attachment 7055Attachment 7056Attachment 7057

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
12-30-2020, 02:22 PM
I haven't heard of those. They look awfully interesting though, I usually don't explore other cultural food. The pictures want to make me try some exotic sweets now!

BeTheChange
12-30-2020, 08:38 PM
Walaikumasalaam

Yes they very nice Alhamdulillah. My favourites are the green ones with pistachios and the creamy plain whites ones. Sorry i don't know the official names lol!

Simply_Logical
12-30-2020, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
I haven't heard of those. They look awfully interesting though, I usually don't explore other cultural food. The pictures want to make me try some exotic sweets now!
you need to try them, theyre awesome especially if youve got a sweet tooth

go to your look asian area and ask for mithai just make sure you get it off muslims though

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simply_Logical
12-30-2020, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam

Yes they very nice Alhamdulillah. My favourites are the green ones with pistachios and the creamy plain whites ones. Sorry i don't know the official names lol!
which pic sis? theres quite a few green ones so youll have to narrow it down! lol

i dont discriminate give me anything sweet and i'll thank Allah swt lol

SoldierAmatUllah
12-31-2020, 05:58 AM
Sub continent peeps like it very much on Eid& on weddings.

Imraan
12-31-2020, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhi

hey peeps, so who else lurved mithai (Indian Sweets)?

I know it's full of sugar and unhealthy so the no sugar lot are going to hate me for this thread lool [emoji23]

anyways I lurve mithai, I like the taste of the Indian ones best and I think they have more variety but I like the size and portions of the Pakistani mithai.

p.s sorry if it's in the wrong section [emoji817]Attachment 7053Attachment 7054Attachment 7055Attachment 7056Attachment 7057
Walaikum salaam

The green ones with pistachio are from the 'barfi' range

I like mitai too, I'm always sampling, not too much though due to my age.

I like the coconut covered ones especially. Try the Bangladeshi ones it's a bit more drier, plenty of bengali sweet shops in UK.

I do wonder what ingredients go into these, the Confectioners are out to make a profit, so they may use substitutes and cheaper ingredients like palm oil etc, which may not be the best for our health. Though eating it in moderation is OK I guess.

I am hungry right now! And fasting!

Question to all, What kind of sweet treats are part of your culture/geographic region if not south Asian..?

Islami.Mu'mina
12-31-2020, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Imraan
Walaikum salaam

The green ones with pistachio are from the 'barfi' range

I like mitai too, I'm always sampling, not too much though due to my age.

I like the coconut covered ones especially. Try the Bangladeshi ones it's a bit more drier, plenty of bengali sweet shops in UK.

I do wonder what ingredients go into these, the Confectioners are out to make a profit, so they may use substitutes and cheaper ingredients like palm oil etc, which may not be the best for our health. Though eating it in moderation is OK I guess.

I am hungry right now! And fasting!

Question to all, What kind of sweet treats are part of your culture/geographic region if not south Asian..?
I can't think of many sweets from Chechnya but there are two things I know about

My brother travelled to Chechnya. He eats very little but when he went there, he ate so much non stop because they make a lot of good fatty, doughy food.

There is this thing called Hingalsh. You make the dough and flatten and fill it with sweet pumpkin filling, and fold it closed. Then you have to keep stacking them into a cake! Added butter makes it good. You could imagine it as buttery pancakes stacked and filled with pumpkin except it is made out of dough

Crepes are commonly used in sweets as well

And there are different cakes. My mom used to be really good with cakes, including tough thinly layered ones that would take the whole day to make. She made many cakes that she remembered from her time living in Russia when she was younger

SoldierAmatUllah
12-31-2020, 03:12 PM
Baklawa -Fav them

MazharShafiq
01-01-2021, 03:47 PM
continental peeps like it very much on Eid& on weddings or every festival.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.