/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disbeliever and jannah

Islami.Mu'mina
01-08-2021, 05:39 AM
What happens if your very close family member you love dies as a disbeliever.. Doesn't that mean you can't see them in jannah? How are you supposed to cope with it?

Our desires will change in jannah but that doesn't erase the fact that you'll completely forget about someone who you extremely loved and wanted to spend time with in jannah???..

I posted this to create a discussion rather than a fiqh because fiqh wise we probably know the same answer... But have you ever put thought into this? Sometimes it's hard to swallow the fact that everything will be different and you'll be a completely different person..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
01-08-2021, 07:02 AM
Everyone that go to hell is no family member of you. (assuming that you go to jannah.)

The verse about Nuh(as) and his son who drowned in the flood because he was a disbeliever:
[QUOTE]
(11:45) And Noah called out to his Lord, saying: 'My Lord! My son is of my family. Surely Your promise is true,47 and You are the greatest of those who judge.48

47. That is, You promised that You will save the members of my family from this calamity; so save my son for he is also a member of my family.
48. That is, You are the greatest of all rulers: therefore Your decision is final and there can be no appeal against it. And You are the best of all rulers: therefore all Your decisions are based on perfect knowledge and absolute justice.قَالَ يٰـنُوۡحُ اِنَّهٗ لَـيۡسَ مِنۡ اَهۡلِكَ ​ۚاِنَّهٗ عَمَلٌ غَيۡرُ صَالِحٍ ​​ۖ فَلَا تَسۡـئَـلۡنِ مَا لَـيۡسَ لَـكَ بِهٖ عِلۡمٌ​ ؕ اِنِّىۡۤ اَعِظُكَ اَنۡ تَكُوۡنَ مِنَ الۡجٰهِلِيۡنَ‏ 

(11:46) In response Noah was told: 'Most certainly he is not of your family; verily he is of unrighteous conduct.49 So do not ask of Me for that concerning which you have no knowledge. I admonish you never to act like the ignorant ones.50

49. Allah has called the wicked son of Prophet Noah (peace be upon him), as “His conduct was other than righteous”, for children are entrusted by the Creator to the care of parents so that they may bring them up and train them to become good persons, and fulfill the purpose for which He created man. If a father does his very best to process and turn the child into a righteous person, but fails in his efforts, the child, who was a sort of raw material in his hands, would be likened to a worthless act. It is obvious that the wicked son was a worthless act, for he was not the sort of good work which his father had desired him to be. So in this sense he did not belong to the family of Prophet Noah (peace be upon him), whom the Creator had sent to mold all his people into good acts, especially those who were of his own flesh and blood. Thus that unrighteous son had forfeited all the rights of blood he had with the Prophet as far as the torment of the deluge was concerned.

Studentofdeed
01-08-2021, 07:03 AM
Sister ...remember who gave us tawfeeq and the ability to appreciate islam...Allah. we thank Allah for all he has done and chosen us to be guided. But we try to pray for others. At the end of the day...its their choice. But try your best but don't let them get to you because remember, at the end of the day they reject the most merciful, most compassionate of all. The one who loves us more than our mothers especially unconditionally and will forgive us always. How can you then feel upset but rather feel disappointed. Yes try your best but at the end you should appreciate your own relationship with Allah.

Its same concept with marrying a disbeliever...how can I love someone or marry someone who doesn't even acknowledge my lord. If she doesn't even belive in him how will she be good to me? And even if she is good to me...I refuse to marry or be with a woman who doesn't belive in my lord who gave life to us all.

Revert alYunani
01-08-2021, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
How are you supposed to cope with it?
I thought of this yesterday.If i make it to jannah would my family members and cousins now i am in jannah while they are in jahannam,would they know i was the rightly guided.Well we would cope with it just fine.There is no sadness or worry in jannah.Its a state of constant happiness.

And they will say, “Praise be to Allah, Who has kept away from us all ˹causes of˺ sorrow. Our Lord is indeed All-Forgiving, Most Appreciative. 35:34

format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
but that doesn't erase the fact that you'll completely forget about someone who you extremely loved and wanted to spend time with in jannah???
no they wont forget.I knew a hadith in my language so i cant find in english but that people who were in jannah would gather and they would remember their friends,and theyd ask Allah that our friend so and so was praying with us and fasting with us,yet we dont see him in jannah,so Allah tells them he is in jahannam so go get him.Thats another beautiful hadith that shows us the benefits of being good and having impact on peoples lives btw.They will remember you.And another where the people in jannah would gather and talk and remember the life of this world and what happened here and laugh at their hardships. Or this hadith:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: God laughs at the two men both of whom will enter Paradise (though) one of them kills the other. They said: Messenger of Allah, how is it? He said: One of them fights in the way of Allah, the Almighty and Exalted. and dies a martyr. Then God turns in mercy to the murderer who embraces Islam, fights in the way of Allah, the Almighty and Exalted, and dies a martyr. (Book #020, Hadith #4658)

So that means not only they will remember,but their feelings would change so much so that theyd even forgive and love their killer.You wont be that much of a different person you will just be happy and will not have shaytan to whisper you and push you to do haram.You would just be happy and full of iman.State of bliss as they say.I know its hard to swallow but its jannah.I mean even black holes are hard to swallow,space and time wrap,theory of strings etc,whatever out of our norm is hard to swallow for us but rest assure its true

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Islami.Mu'mina
01-08-2021, 11:00 PM
no they wont forget.I knew a hadith in my language so i cant find in english but that people who were in jannah would gather and they would remember their friends,and theyd ask Allah that our friend so and so was praying with us and fasting with us,yet we dont see him in jannah,so Allah tells them he is in jahannam so go get him.Thats another beautiful hadith that shows us the benefits of being good and having impact on peoples lives btw.They will remember you.And another where the people in jannah would gather and talk and remember the life of this world and what happened here and laugh at their hardships. Or this hadith:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: God laughs at the two men both of whom will enter Paradise (though) one of them kills the other. They said: Messenger of Allah, how is it? He said: One of them fights in the way of Allah, the Almighty and Exalted. and dies a martyr. Then God turns in mercy to the murderer who embraces Islam, fights in the way of Allah, the Almighty and Exalted, and dies a martyr. (Book #020, Hadith #4658)

So that means not only they will remember,but their feelings would change so much so that theyd even forgive and love their killer.You wont be that much of a different person you will just be happy and will not have shaytan to whisper you and push you to do haram.You would just be happy and full of iman.State of bliss as they say.I know its hard to swallow but its jannah.I mean even black holes are hard to swallow,space and time wrap,theory of strings etc,whatever out of our norm is hard to swallow for us but rest assure its true
Yeah I've heard of these as well but these are referring to practicing Muslims, especially when you want to pull out a friend from jannah

Its same concept with marrying a disbeliever...how can I love someone or marry someone who doesn't even acknowledge my lord. If she doesn't even belive in him how will she be good to me? And even if she is good to me...I refuse to marry or be with a woman who doesn't belive in my lord who gave life to us all.

See I get you here but its different with a spouse.. We get to choose our spouse.. And we should be choosing the right spouse for the sake of Allah.. We can easily not care for someone we never even knew that well in the first place

It's just a lot harder when you've grown up with someone your whole life (someone you love, not an abusive person)..

In the end, I guess we are all just souls with a duty to Allah, family doesn't matter on judgement day

The best thing we can do is just pray

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.