/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Am I a believer?

doj
01-10-2021, 10:22 PM
Salaam, I sometimes wonder if I am a believer. Yes I do pray 5 times a day and Yes I believe that there is only one god but I sometimes wonder what if that's not enough?. Am I a believer? I talk to my sisters asking them if they think I'm a true believer they all say yes. What makes me a believer,I need you to answer that, what signs make me a true believer. Jazāk Allāhu for listening my Brothers and Sisters.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doll
01-10-2021, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doj
Salaam, I sometimes wonder if I am a believer. Yes I do pray 5 times a day and Yes I believe that there is only one god but I sometimes wonder what if that's not enough?. Am I a believer? I talk to my sisters asking them if they think I'm a true believer they all say yes. What makes me a believer,I need you to answer that, what signs make me a true believer. Jazāk Allāhu for listening my Brothers and Sisters.
Salaam sister, I believe that being a believer all comes down to your genuine intention. Do you pray because you love Allah and want to take out of your day to do so or are you doing it because you are given no choice? These are questions that you should consider. Allah loves those who want to do more good deeds for your religion.I will make dua that Allah will de-stress you and make you feel better. Jazakhallah Khayr :)

Abz2000
01-11-2021, 03:43 AM
:wasalam:

Most people who claim to follow the religion of their forefathers claim the name of a way of life and follow it's rites, it is a few from amongst them who actually research and believe with their inner hearts and take actions that prove to Allah that they have yaqeen.

Many of the righteous actions that true faith requires are not spelled out rituals, but rather decisions which require personal evaluation and discretion.

Islam is an attitude - whereas eemaan is an inward yaqeen from which decisions and love emanate, though not to be confused with blind love.

Abrars
01-11-2021, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doj
W/Salaam . You are a beliver already , I can see . Why you worry ? Put yourself under the microscope of verse 2:177 , you will see it clearly ..

" It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness-

1)to believe in God
2)and the Last Day,
3)and the Angels,
4)and the Book,
5)and the Messengers;
6)to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves;
7)to be steadfast in prayer,
8)and practice regular charity;
9)to fulfil the contracts which ye have made;
10)and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and a dversity, and throughout all periods of panic.

Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
01-11-2021, 02:30 PM
W/Salaam
. You are a beliver already , I can see .
Many of the righteous actions that true faith requires are not spelled out rituals, but rather decisions which require personal evaluation and discretion.

Revert alYunani
01-11-2021, 04:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLAOrPV_7dk

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.