/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Red

Imraan
01-14-2021, 01:11 AM
Assalam walaikum

Is there anything in our religion that prohibits us from wearing red?

Or is that something made up in the south Asian community/culture?

Someone is likely to turn around and say
"what a bizarre question?"

But hey I had to ask...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
01-14-2021, 03:02 AM
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/8341...ng-red-clothes

Imraan
01-14-2021, 12:10 PM
the link above mentions a certain plant-based additive to make something look red i.e. red dyestuff obtained from safflowers
in modern age i'm guessing red dye can come from many sources, we just don't know how to ascertain that?
so what do we do?

MazharShafiq
01-14-2021, 02:30 PM
It is permissible to wear red clothes if the red is combined with another colour; it is not permissible to wear plain red, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade doing so.

There follows a discussion of some of the ahaadeeth on this issue:

A-The ahaadeeth which forbid wearing plain red.

1.From al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib (may Allaah be pleased with him): “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade us to use soft red mattresses and qasiy – garments with woven stripes of silk.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5390)

2. From Ibn ‘Abbaas, who said: “I was forbidden (to wear) red garments and gold rings, and to recite Qur’aan in rukoo’.” (Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, no. 5171. Imaam al-Albaani said: its isnaad is saheeh. Saheeh Sunan al-Nasaa’i, 1068).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
01-14-2021, 02:48 PM
Walaikumasalaam

If you don't ask you don't know. Always good to verify!

Simply_Logical
01-15-2021, 11:09 PM
Wasnt the red referred to the saffron colours you see the pagans use?

You know more orangy red as opposed to red red, if that makes sense?

I could be wrong though Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.