/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully better than Ummah Forum

Flos
01-16-2021, 01:43 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

As the title says, I really hope this forum is better than UF. Looking forward to have a healthy conversation with fellow Muslims.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Revert alYunani
01-16-2021, 02:29 AM
Alaikum Salam

I am in both and i dont use that one.It gives so much ''bad energy''.I dont fit myself at all there,actually i get depressed there i dont know why.This one i like it a lot,people are more friendly and nice,they wont put their hands on your neck if you make a mistake.Anyway welcome.We are glad to have you here :)

eesa the kiwi
01-16-2021, 03:40 AM
Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Welcome. Yes this forum is much better people are kind and friendly here alhamdulilah. Even the Christian's here are respectful like @Eric H . This place is moderated well too
I stick around uf for dawah but ib is like family

May Allah bless you all

SoldierAmatUllah
01-16-2021, 06:38 AM
Walaikum As Salaam WrWb,

Why do you find UFbad?Reminds me of a dream I had

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
01-16-2021, 11:50 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Flos; and welcome to the forum,

I think the secret is not to look for a better forum, but rather that the forum is a better place because of our contributions. In other words, we try and change ourselves rather that try and change others. Hopefully we can find ways to encourage, support and inspire.

I have to agree with our friend eesa the Kiwi when he said, the forum is well moderated.

May Allah bless you on your journey.
Eric

Flos
01-16-2021, 01:39 PM
Thank you everyone! I thought I was among the rarest ones feeling bad about UF :)

keiv
01-16-2021, 02:30 PM
I originally joined both forums back in 07 and both were very active at that time. UF was definitely more laxed in their moderation so, lets just say there was always something interesting to read lol. I went there about 1-2 years ago to make a post and was almost immediately accused of being a kaffir. Another member accused me of being a spy... Upon browsing other threads, that seemed to be a common theme. Not sure how it is these days but I never felt the need to go back there.

Flos
01-16-2021, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
I originally joined both forums back in 07 and both were very active at that time. UF was definitely more laxed in their moderation so, lets just say there was always something interesting to read lol. I went there about 1-2 years ago to make a post and was almost immediately accused of being a kaffir. Another member accused me of being a spy... Upon browsing other threads, that seemed to be a common theme. Not sure how it is these days but I never felt the need to go back there.
I wasn't accused of anything. I just had a problem with vibe over there. I see someone posts something in counseling forum, needing help or explanation for something and that person gets severely offended and accused to be kafir. I also had a problem with a mod over there. He was super childish, always ready to attack and argue with anyone. I guess you all know who I'm talking about.

I hope ppl can freely express their problems, experience and thoughts here, unlike there :)

Simply_Logical
01-16-2021, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flos
Assalamu alaikum,

As the title says, I really hope this forum is better than UF. Looking forward to have a healthy conversation with fellow Muslims.
walaykum salaam

what was your username on ummah forum?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
Alaikum Salam

I am in both and i dont use that one.It gives so much ''bad energy''.I dont fit myself at all there,actually i get depressed there i dont know why.This one i like it a lot,people are more friendly and nice,they wont put their hands on your neck if you make a mistake.Anyway welcome.We are glad to have you here :)
they both got their pros and cons tbh

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
yea i been on both forum for years,
i probably use ummah forum more,
i suppose it has more of a social aspect to it tbh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.