/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ithmid antimony (kohl, surma, kajal) eyeliner - sunnah - do you wear it?

Simply_Logical
01-16-2021, 08:18 PM
assalamu alaykum wah rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

ithmid antimony (also known as kohl, surma, kajal) eyeliner - sunnah - do you wear it?

its actually called ithmid but some people call it kohl, surma and kajal make sure you get ithmid as this is the sunnah,
be careful of some of the kohl, surma, kajal that you find it some asian groceries and islamic shops because its got lead in it or something along those lines Allah SWT knows best

i found some i got many years ago, its the redish one and i think i also got the black colour one,
the redish one i got also has zam zam in it or something like that, anyways do any of you struggle to put it on due to its powder nature?

Is the use of surma for the eyes a sunnat?
https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/313

Pure kohl is beneficial to the eyes and is not harmful
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4469...is-not-harmful

jazakAllah khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Revert alYunani
01-16-2021, 11:25 PM
oh ma shaa Allah brother we are doing the same thing at the same time :D,searching for turbans,kufi,ithmid etc.
Thank you for sharing this info.The thing is that is too hard to find real ithmid.People take advantage and you can find many things under the name ithmid or kohl,factory manufactured products which are bad for your eyes,rather ithmid is beneficial and sunnah.I have a friend who has real ithmid,he got it from afganistan.Its like a stone and you rub smth on it to grind it down and you put that on your eyelashes.
I didnt know it came in colors though,you sure it is real ithmid? I thought it was dark grey color,like gunpowder

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert alYunani
oh ma shaa Allah brother we are doing the same thing at the same time :D,searching for turbans,kufi,ithmid etc.
Thank you for sharing this info.The thing is that is too hard to find real ithmid.People take advantage and you can find many things under the name ithmid or kohl,factory manufactured products which are bad for your eyes,rather ithmid is beneficial and sunnah.I have a friend who has real ithmid,he got it from afganistan.Its like a stone and you rub smth on it to grind it down and you put that on your eyelashes.
I didnt know it came in colors though,you sure it is real ithmid? I thought it was dark grey color,like gunpowder
yea its actually a stone which is grinded into powder

i got the top one from this black list but i dont know how genuine this black list is and how genuine this seller is
https://realithmidkohl.com/avoid-at-...-kohl-products

yea it does come in the red colour too bro, ive only ever seen it in black and that redish colour

Revert alYunani
01-17-2021, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simply_Logical
yea its actually a stone which is grinded into powder

i got the top one from this black list but i dont know how genuine this black list is and how genuine this seller is
https://realithmidkohl.com/avoid-at-...-kohl-products

yea it does come in the red colour too bro, ive only ever seen it in black and that redish colour
my friend has the actual stone,he grinds it himself....but how do you put this in the eye i mean what if it gets inside? isnt it painful?
lool yeah better not to buy red bro,its like putting red mascara,wed have a ton of weird looks :D ....
you mean you bought this one? ill buy it too then if you bought it.

https://realithmidkohl.com/product/g...b5%d9%84%d9%8a

and what kind of pharfume do you use? I think of buying this one
https://mbarkpe.com.sa/en/product/eter-alkhenjar/

nvm i cant buy it with paypal...sigh..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 06:54 PM
my friend has the actual stone,he grinds it himself....but how do you put this in the eye i mean what if it gets inside? isnt it painful?
lool yeah better not to buy red bro,its like putting red mascara,wed have a ton of weird looks :D ....
you mean you bought this one? ill buy it too then if you bought it.

https://realithmidkohl.com/product/g...b5%d9%84%d9%8a

and what kind of pharfume do you use? I think of buying this one
https://mbarkpe.com.sa/en/product/eter-alkhenjar/
nah ive not got it from there but how are we suppose to know if theyre genuine? i mean they claim the other ones arent genuine so how do we know theirs is?

i dont mind paying for it but i need to determine whether its the real thing
their black and red ithmid looks sick though Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

do you know where you can buy the stone from? who cares about looks the sunnah is usperier to anything in the universe, besides its sunnah to wear it at night

Revert alYunani
01-17-2021, 07:05 PM
nah ive not got it from there but how are we suppose to know if theyre genuine? i mean they claim the other ones arent genuine so how do we know theirs is?

i dont mind paying for it but i need to determine whether its the real thing
their black and red ithmid looks sick though Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

do you know where you can buy the stone from? who cares about looks the sunnah is usperier to anything in the universe, besides its sunnah to wear it at night
i dont know bro thats why i didnt buy any.Everybody claims their product is the original,then you talk to the support and they dont even say alaikum salam.So idk,well the only way to buy the stone and to be sure its original is afganistan lol.Thats where my friend bought it. But if you bought it i will buy that one too i guess.I mean they have an article in their page saying how to indentify pure ithmid kohl so i guess this page is the better option we have.

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 07:25 PM
i dont know bro thats why i didnt buy any.Everybody claims their product is the original,then you talk to the support and they dont even say alaikum salam.So idk,well the only way to buy the stone and to be sure its original is afganistan lol.Thats where my friend bought it. But if you bought it i will buy that one too i guess.I mean they have an article in their page saying how to indentify pure ithmid kohl so i guess this page is the better option we have.
you from the uk too bro?

yea lets try searching and souricng the stones and then grind them and help distrube and revive the sunnah fisabillah in sha Allah

Revert alYunani
01-17-2021, 07:50 PM
you from the uk too bro?

yea lets try searching and souricng the stones and then grind them and help distrube and revive the sunnah fisabillah in sha Allah
no im from greece but live in germany
in shaa Allah if i ever find across a stone i will remember you in shaa Allah and msg you.No worries

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 07:54 PM
no im from greece but live in germany
in shaa Allah if i ever find across a stone i will remember you in shaa Allah and msg you.No worries
yea same, like wise in sha Allah

do you know what countries the stone originates from?

i need to start doing some research into in sha Allah

Revert alYunani
01-17-2021, 08:13 PM
yea same, like wise in sha Allah

do you know what countries the stone originates from?

i need to start doing some research into in sha Allah
no because to know that we need to know the chemical structure of the stone itself.What is the real kohl called in chemistry.If we know that then its easy to find.
From what i see is called stibnite stone or stibium.And is not found alone but when you mine silver or zinc for example you may find this too.Allahu Alem though im not sure.Theres a lot of info i dont know who to trust

Simply_Logical
01-17-2021, 09:46 PM
no because to know that we need to know the chemical structure of the stone itself.What is the real kohl called in chemistry.If we know that then its easy to find.
From what i see is called stibnite stone or stibium.And is not found alone but when you mine silver or zinc for example you may find this too.Allahu Alem though im not sure.Theres a lot of info i dont know who to trust
well i found this one, claims its the pure ithmid in stone, i've sent him a few questions regard it, see what he says in sha Allah

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122287633...m=122287633952

Revert alYunani
01-17-2021, 10:51 PM
well i found this one, claims its the pure ithmid in stone, i've sent him a few questions regard it, see what he says in sha Allah

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122287633...m=122287633952
in shaa Allah,let me know what he says and if we gonna buy it

100 gm Surma ITHMID Kohl Pure Stone حجر الأثمد الطبيعي سرمه | eBay
Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 100 gm Surma ITHMID Kohl Pure Stone حجر الأثمد الطبيعي سرمه at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!...

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 07:47 AM
in shaa Allah,let me know what he says and if we gonna buy it

100 gm Surma ITHMID Kohl Pure Stone حجر الأثمد الطبيعي سرمه | eBay
Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 100 gm Surma ITHMID Kohl Pure Stone حجر الأثمد الطبيعي سرمه at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!...
okay brother i got a reply, its suppore to be pure ithmid and its the stone, they dont grind it

any idea what you use to grind it? maybe a coffee grinder?

i asked which country its from and they replied that its from KSA

i asked if they got the red one but they dont have that one at all

Allah SWT knows best

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 02:45 PM
okay brother i got a reply, its suppore to be pure ithmid and its the stone, they dont grind it

any idea what you use to grind it? maybe a coffee grinder?

i asked which country its from and they replied that its from KSA

i asked if they got the red one but they dont have that one at all

Allah SWT knows best
what coffee grinder man haha,you dont want to use the grinder anymore or what xp....i will ask my friend and let you know
so we buy this then? if you buy it ill buy it

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 05:11 PM
what coffee grinder man haha,you dont want to use the grinder anymore or what xp....i will ask my friend and let you know
so we buy this then? if you buy it ill buy it
What else could you use to grind the stone down though? Lool [emoji23]

Coffee grinder just came to mind, you know what you going to laugh bro but you could use those small grinders the pot heads use to grind their weed lol

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 05:32 PM
What else could you use to grind the stone down though? Lool [emoji23]

Coffee grinder just came to mind, you know what you going to laugh bro but you could use those small grinders the pot heads use to grind their weed lol
loool but what do you think these stones are,microscopic? jaja...he is not replying,we have to wait

I was thinking maybe a cheese schredder? with tiny holes like this...could work

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 05:43 PM
loool but what do you think these stones are,microscopic? jaja...he is not replying,we have to wait

I was thinking maybe a cheese schredder? with tiny holes like this...could work

I cracked up when I saw that cheese grater bro lool [emoji23]

Ermmm I genuinely think those weed grinders will do the job Allah SWT knows best lol

Maybe some sisters can help us?

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 05:51 PM

Maybe some sisters can help us?
to find us the weed grinder?

:hijab::hijab:

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 06:04 PM
to find us the weed grinder?

:hijab::hijab:
Lol [emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23]

Bro seriously what else could we use for grinding it? Unless it's soft where it crumbles with your finger, doubt it though as it's a stone tbh

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 06:22 PM
Lol [emoji23] [emoji23][emoji23]

Bro seriously what else could we use for grinding it? Unless it's soft where it crumbles with your finger, doubt it though as it's a stone tbh
it says it is a soft metalloid that can be stratched by glass,that means cheese grater is perfect :D,you can try with your coffee grinder i guess.We will find smth dont worry.
So, do we buy it ?

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 07:24 PM
it says it is a soft metalloid that can be stratched by glass,that means cheese grater is perfect :D,you can try with your coffee grinder i guess.We will find smth dont worry.
So, do we buy it ?
bro i just ordered this one, up to you if you want to order it bro, no pressure :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-gm-Su...sAAOSwr-ZdWtJu

have you got a applicator stick? ive got one sorted but i came across this on ebay its a kohl/ithmid holder and it comes with the applicator stick too

i like this black one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moroccan-...EAAOSwr2hf~J~U

also more styles like these too https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moroccan-...MAAOSwMPxbiCfQ

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 07:46 PM
I dont have anything lool... I cant with my finger?

- - - Updated - - -

Why snt my full msg posted?
Cant answer from my phone apparently... Ill check them tmrw going to work nka.. Jzk khair for sharing

Simply_Logical
01-18-2021, 08:14 PM
I dont have anything lool... I cant with my finger?

- - - Updated - - -

Why snt my full msg posted?
Cant answer from my phone apparently... Ill check them tmrw going to work nka.. Jzk khair for sharing
DW reply when you can bro

Revert alYunani
01-18-2021, 11:32 PM
DW reply when you can bro
Lel its ok... Im in pause now... He thought i meant how do you grind cauliflower cuz in german kohl is cauliflower jajaja, thats why he wasnt replying.... Anyway he told me that you dont need to grind it... If you have that thing that you put on the eye you just rub it against the stone until it is black and then you put it on your eyelashes, on eyelashes, not like a woman all around the eyes lol... Ill check your links when i go home

Simply_Logical
01-20-2021, 04:12 PM
Lel its ok... Im in pause now... He thought i meant how do you grind cauliflower cuz in german kohl is cauliflower jajaja, thats why he wasnt replying.... Anyway he told me that you dont need to grind it... If you have that thing that you put on the eye you just rub it against the stone until it is black and then you put it on your eyelashes, on eyelashes, not like a woman all around the eyes lol... Ill check your links when i go home
you ordered it?

Revert alYunani
01-20-2021, 05:02 PM
you ordered it?
not yet,it will cost around 50 euros for me.I mean i dont mind buying it but,id feel bad to buy it so highly priced.So i am checking here if i dont find anything then i will buy that one but i have to check everything first.
Please take a pic when you get it,id like to see it :D

Simply_Logical
01-20-2021, 05:54 PM
not yet,it will cost around 50 euros for me.I mean i dont mind buying it but,id feel bad to buy it so highly priced.So i am checking here if i dont find anything then i will buy that one but i have to check everything first.
Please take a pic when you get it,id like to see it :D
Bro don't spend that much, it's way too much imo

Shop around or be patient in sha Allah [emoji120][emoji56]

Simply_Logical
01-21-2021, 03:21 PM
@Revert alYunani got the ithmid today, ill post a pic when i get a chance in sha Allah

its quite solid as its stone in sha Allah see how it goes...

Revert alYunani
01-21-2021, 05:03 PM
oki keep me updated with pics in shaa Allah

Luminous70
05-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Assalaamu alaikum, I came across your posts on a google hunt for Ithmid. You guys crack me up [in a good way :)]. Have you purchased it since your conversation in January?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I missed one post. I see one of you purchased it. Is it the real deal?

Simply_Logical
06-16-2021, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Luminous70
Assalaamu alaikum, I came across your posts on a google hunt for Ithmid. You guys crack me up [in a good way :)]. Have you purchased it since your conversation in January?

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I missed one post. I see one of you purchased it. Is it the real deal?
Assalamualaiku wah rahmatullahi wah barakatuhu

I got it but still haven't used it as it's like a stone which needs grinding the other revert brother uses it Masha'Allah Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek [emoji817]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.