/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What will Happen to Someone With Autism or Intellectual Disability In the Hereafter?

Griffith
01-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters
My brother has autism and he's non-verbal, he requires 24/7 day support since he is still unable to take care of himself. He's now 15 year old but has the mentality of a 4 or 6 year old, he never performed any prayers let alone saying the shada. This has been bothering me for a long time because I have yet to found any rulings in Islam for someone like my brother, I'm really worried about my brother future especially in the afterlife, if someone has any knowledge about this please I'd like to hear it...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IslamLife00
01-19-2021, 03:16 PM
InshaAllah these links will help you in regard to what is obligatory for those whose disabilities affect them mentally/ their mind

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2230...not-obligatory

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1084...-pray-and-fast

also those of feeble mind, insane and suffering from memory loss

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5005...-fast-and-pray

Flos
01-19-2021, 04:49 PM
In short - they're ppl of Jannah

BeTheChange
01-19-2021, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Griffith
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters
My brother has autism and he's non-verbal, he requires 24/7 day support since he is still unable to take care of himself. He's now 15 year old but has the mentality of a 4 or 6 year old, he never performed any prayers let alone saying the shada. This has been bothering me for a long time because I have yet to found any rulings in Islam for someone like my brother, I'm really worried about my brother future especially in the afterlife, if someone has any knowledge about this please I'd like to hear it...
Walaikumasalaam

Do not worry. Islam is all about ease and not oppression. Alhamdulillah. Please support your family as much as you can. Maube this will be your ticket to jannah insha Allah!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdulHargreaves
01-23-2021, 03:51 PM
I am a fairly new revert. My understanding is that as everyone is Muslim by default, and that if someone is unable to meet the demands by no fault or intent of their own they are spiritually safe and innocent. Actually careing for such people give great benefits to those who provide this. Could someone please quote the relevant verses on this?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.