/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm struggling to believe in Allah

What'sup?
01-25-2021, 12:18 PM
I've been Muslim since I was born and I went to Arabic school often and went to mosque to learn tajweed and the Qur'an. When I was younger I never truly understood God and wasn't entirely convinced that God existed. I ignored those doubts and carried on with doing the compulsory acts. Recently these doubts resurfaced and I've been so obsessed with them that I couldn't bring myself to purify myself and do the compulsory acts. In addition to these doubts I realised that growing up I was very insecure and arrogant with my religion and used it to judge other people. I want to know what to do? I'm losing it slightly.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abrars
01-25-2021, 01:13 PM
This happens and take it easy. The conception of deity probably had been the most ancient one throughout the human anthropology. For thousands and thousands years it has been rooted in us. There must be something profound in it that we can not deny. Different civilization portrayed GOD in different ways... They knew it was true, we know it is true.

What'sup?
01-25-2021, 02:06 PM
I understand that but I can't see it. I feel that I'm forcing myself to believe but it's not there. I see my siblings and my mum and see that they believe and want to be like them. I don't know what to do. I don't want to die like this.

Abrars
01-25-2021, 03:25 PM
Why not let us reason for this then - logically , rationally and scientifically . Did any chaos/incident upset your feelings about GOD ? Did any law of GOD feel to be ungodly to you ? Do not hesistate to clear it up about what is going on in your mind . There are so many knowlegeable memebers in the IB , they will help you out InshALLA . I pray for you - May ALLAH swt show you the way .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abrars
01-25-2021, 03:40 PM
And a good start I guess , empty your heart as if you don't know nothing about GOD , then start to read from Qur'an verse 1:1 . Moveon slowly slowy to the deeper of the Qur'an and update us if you would feel a change inside of you .

What'sup?
01-25-2021, 03:57 PM
Thank you. I'll update you if there's any change. My main problem is that I don't know what it means to truly believe. The rules make sense to me I just don't have belief.

Abrars
01-25-2021, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by What'sup?
Thank you. I'll update you if there's any change. My main problem is that I don't know what it means to truly believe. The rules make sense to me I just don't have belief.
The philosophy of the exsitence of GOD is the heartbeat of the Qur'an . I am sure it will touch you where you have that pain .

What'sup?
01-25-2021, 04:37 PM
A thought that I can't get out of my head is the randomness of the universe. Why does the beginning need a Creator?

Eric H
01-25-2021, 05:13 PM
Greetings and peace be with you What'sup?; and welcome to the forum;

Why does the beginning need a Creator?
The beginning of the universe is history, no matter what you or I say; we can't change history. Either at least one God created the universe, or there is no god. There cannot be a probable god or a maybe god. Its either God or no god, and you could be a 100% right or wrong on the toss of a coin.

Now prove that the universe came into existence purely by natural forces and with no intelligent oversight.

In the spirit of searching for the creator of all that is seen and unseen,
Eric

SoldierAmatUllah
01-25-2021, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you What'sup?; and welcome to the forum;

The beginning of the universe is history, no matter what you or I say; we can't change history. Either at least one God created the universe, or there is no god. There cannot be a probable god or a maybe god. Its either God or no god, and you could be a 100% right or wrong on the toss of a coin.

Now prove that the universe came into existence purely by natural forces and with no intelligent oversight.

In the spirit of searching for the creator of all that is seen and unseen,
Eric
Eric,we want to see you as a revert soon,InshaAllah.

Tell me you thinking about it too!

Abrars
01-25-2021, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by What'sup?
A thought that I can't get out of my head is the randomness of the universe. Why does the beginning need a Creator?
Physics’ ‘Cause and Effect’ demands a cause behind the creation of the universe . This is more plausible and acceptable , whether you look into it with the eyes of a scientist or a philosopher . Randomness ( this is still a hypothesis , right ?) may or may not exist , we still can predict so many cosmological events , shapes of the universe and it’s destiny . I do commemorate the name of Albert Einstein for his view about randomness of the universe .

Before Plank Time , what really happened ? And that singularity when Time , Matter and Energy were all ZERO ? Did Randomness come from there ?

Scientists puzzled , they don’t have an answer . All they say…

“ It was divine spark that caused the creation…”

“ It was a science project of a boy from another universe…”

They wanted to take GOD out of the equation for the creation of the universe BUT they un-noticely put HIM back again and again (Divine spark / boy from another universe!!) to solve the equation .

As Muslim this puzzling question is simple for us as we got this answer 1400 years back in the Qur’an :

[021:030] Do the unbelievers not consider the fact that the heavens and the earth were joined together? ( Singularity) We split them asunder ( Big Bang)! And from water, We created every living being! Do they not believe (that)?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.